View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
I'm on day 24 and I still get cravings, but now they are more fleeting thoughts that kinda sucker punch me for a second and take my breath away. I just take a deep breath and think It through and they go away. I have maybe 3-5 a day. Today I realized I didn't like drinking and I don't want to again. It was a weird thought. I hope I feel that way on Saturday when I attend to my first big "alcohol involved" party.
Now I'm just struggling more with the "why" I feel depressed after I was feeling so darn good. I had a new antidepressant in my drawer for about a month that I was going to start, but wanted to do a big liver detox cleanse first, and I don't like to mix herbs or medicines so I waited on it.
I was feeling pretty darn good, exercising everyday, I had dropped another 10 pounds and was looking forward to hitting the lowest weight I've been in almost 4 years.....but then I started the medicine and have gained a pound a day since. Now I'm looking back thinking....maybe I really didn't need the antidepressant anymore because I didn't have alcohol on board? But I think the bottom line is that after feeling this way this week I realize that I have anger and unresolved issues that I need to deal with, and working through the 12 steps should be my next move so that I effectively deal with the issues instead of putting a bandaid on them.

Dee-thank you for the warning on supplements etc... I work in the medical field and I'm very cautious about not mixing or rapidly stopping medications. I will consult with my doctor before moving forward, but I am tapering off this Vibryd anti!!!! Do you know if it's common for alcoholics to also have depression struggles?
I hope everybody has a great day.

6 days till I make my 30!!!!! Excited about that!: Thanks evetybody.
Thx KIR! Years ago I was on an antidepressant called Paxil and I gained 50 lbs in a year. Now I'm on Zoloft and didn't gain any weight from it. I actually lost weight on it before I started drinking heavily then I.gained from ALCOHOL! Ugh-