Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 44

Old 10-21-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers We and Trachy I'm delighted that the beanies have arrived and that you like them. lol at We planning out the beanie's life! Well it's good to know that your heads will be warm during the cold weather ahead.

It's not cold here, not even by my ridiculous high intolerance level. We really need some rain but as El Nino is the wrong way around for us rain is going to be a very rare thing for a while.

Sass I am so glad that you are feeling chipper, I guess you are completely settled in now and you have a good long sober time so those things would be auguring well for you. How's Sass kitty?

Have a good day all.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Marcher, I left the heat off and wore it around the house last night.

I have some hats. About 3 dozen at the moment. I pared it down last move. Some junk work hats, some never worn memorabilia.

A few, true companions. I know your creation will be a true companion. Thank you so much, again.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

BTW, I know where you live now. If you hear about me winning the lottery, expect a knock on the door.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Trachy, I've already threatened Marcher with showing up at her table!

Marcher, yes, I'm feeling chipper :-). Being sober feels like my natural state now. I hardly ever need my meds and rarely even have a twinge of a craving. The few that do come along are very easy to quash by thinking it through. Sassy kitty is good. She, too is getting older (16 years, going on 17). She is just as feisty as ever and periodically feels the need to yell at me. Otoh, she has at long last become a lap cat part of the time.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

hi everybody! Back to job hunting, I guess this that was only temporary. I'm sure I'll find something soon. hope everybody's having a good day!
Old 10-22-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes with that Budd

D
Old 10-22-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a chilly Paradise Trachy I smiled when I read that you wore your hat around the house the other evening!

Ken I have every faith in you picking up a new job quickly, you are too good a worker and too multi-skilled not to. How are you finding the inland weather after Florida?

I could whinge about cold feet as we had a blustery cold change yesterday which has us back down to 15C but that would be tedious of me, wouldn't it. I'll just mention that today there are nine weeks until Christmas -- you know what that means don't you?

Have a good day peeps.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

What's up with that, bud? Their loss!

Sorry it got cool on you marcher, it got warm all of a sudden here so I should have known you'd have a blustery snap.

Sassy, glad you are chipper!

Trachy, love the visual of you walking around your apt with the new beanie! I took a few beanie selfies.

Well I looked at the calendar and noticed I've got 32 months today! Well I noticed last night. Cool! I miss the anniversaries about half the time now, but they make me happy when I remember the next day or next week. I don't know about you guys, but I'm really looking forward to 1000 days! That's gonna be cool.

No news is good news on the c update... He's staying in rehab we think for the full 30 days or maybe more. Doesn't look like they are gonna boot him quickly because of Medicare. Thank goodness. Twice we've gone to see him and found out he was moved so his visiting hours changed. They let us see him anyway. He's going between the psych wing and rehab wing. We knew he's dual diagnosis, so we're glad they are paying attention. He asked about a big book. I've been so busy I haven't had time for a meeting, and only one I know of keeps them handy. So I gave him mine. I wrote a message in it for him. I feel like that big book is very lucky for me, I wanted to pass on the mojo. So I'll be getting myself a new big book soon and I'll make that one lucky!

I hope everyone has a good day/night,!
Old 10-22-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats wehav

D
Old 10-22-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

What's really funny is my backpacking people are really wanting hats like mine. "You got WHAT?" They want pictures and ordering info. Marcher, want to go in to business?
Old 10-22-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Budd, with your talents, I think you!ll find a job soon!

Trachy, yes, the image of you walking around in your beanie with a huge grin on your face is great!

Marcher, sorry paradise is chilly.

We, super congrats on your sober time! I agree that 1000 days will be awesome. Would love to see pic of you in your special beanie!
Old 10-23-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

good luck with the job hunt Budd

Marcher that means 9 weeks to your hollidays and a little less untill our days start getting longer!

We; congrats on 32 months and it sounds like C is geting the help he needs
Old 10-23-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Starting a new job Monday. Hope this one works out better
Old 10-23-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Administrator

Me too Ken

D
Old 10-24-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Me three Budd. And if it doesn't, the right one is just waiting to be found. How is Max now?

Hugs Marchers I hope y'all have a good weekend
Old 10-24-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Me four, Budd!

Have a lovely weekend, Marchers :-)
Old 10-24-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Budd, I have faith. You'll be fine. The old saw is:"you can't keep a good man down" and it's true.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Marchers It's a beautiful day in Paradise a sunny, breezy, blue and yellow 24C. I'm home from my monthly stint of shelf stacking and cleaning (well I do it everyday too but this is different) and I'm thinking how perfect sober Sundays are.

Congrats to you We! Proud of you girl.

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
What's really funny is my backpacking people are really wanting hats like mine. "You got WHAT?" They want pictures and ordering info. Marcher, want to go in to business?
Trachy tell them they'll just have to admire yours, Marcher knitting can't be bought -- many people have tried -- you have to earn it by being someone for whom I have great affection or a cause for which I have enormous admiration.

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Marcher that means 9 weeks to your hollidays and a little less untill our days start getting longer!
Ding ding! And the prize goes to Toots!

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
Starting a new job Monday. Hope this one works out better
Ding ding ding ding! And first prize goes to Ken! (I told you so Kenny!)

Have a great day peeps.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Wow marcher, thank you! Those of us you've chosen to knit for are extremely lucky! I can feel the love when I put it on.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Trachy, I love that you have backpacker friends, I need to get into that again!

Budd I also hope the new new job works out better!

Sassy, toots, dee, hope you three have a great day/night!