Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 44

Old 10-16-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I've been MIA -- nothing dramatic just caught up in life stuff. I've taken on a lot this year but I'm good with it -- working very hard at balancing it all and putting the kids first.

I'm all caught up and everyone seems good!

Budd, glad you & the four legged are all setting in.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Budd, happy to hear you made it through the week. Hard to imagine what it's like with no trash collection at all. Guess I'm spoiled!
Old 10-16-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you, Duff :-)
Old 10-16-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a Paradise where it's hot, hot, hot, hot! And I'm loving it.

Duff it's so good to see your smiling face, I've missed you girl. Great to hear that you are balancing all the stuff you've taken on, I know what a challenge that is. A while back I found my two volunteer jobs were taking up all my spare time so I was getting cranky, now I do what I can do and leave some time to chill.

Ken those "1290 Celsius metal bars " sound like "real work". I know you're used to the noise of the bowling machine-thingy going up and down but I can only imagine what it's like in the factory. Hey you must have some great gloves though, you could use them at home for the oven.

Have a good weekend everyone.

ETA Pinsetter! That was the word I was looking for Ken, see you've taught me something.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey guys

Duff great to have a visit from you knowing how busy you are, it's wonderful to know all is well in your world

Budd, I'm glad you are settling in to your job, all that heat, you won't be missing the Keys one little bit!

It's been cold here. I should be heading for work but have a tale to tell. So about 3 weeks ago a D&V bug flashed around work. About the same time I became nauseous and had an upset tummy. Well it kept right on going so eventually I went to the doc on Monday. Took a lovely sample in ( I leave you to put 2+2 together but it rhymes with pool!) and yesterday got a call from the doc, I have salmonella. Ok I thought, ABs prescribed should do the trick. Then I get a call from an Environmental Health inspector. Want to visit me and fill in a form! Also told me I had to inform my work and shouldn't attent until I am 48 hours free of symptoms. ( I've been working the last 3 weeks with it!) whatever, after the embarrassment of being declared unclean, I then called work to give them the choice. We have two off just now and really short staffed. Oops, I'm told to stay home and my poor Manager has to work my shift ( she of course had plans and is not happy!) . I am not a computer virus, so y'all all should be okay!!

Marcher I think your friend has a wonderfully positive attitude, give her a hug from me.

In fact contagious hugs all round!!!!
Old 10-17-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Oh my, Toots! My littles one had salmonella 2 Easters ago. While I wasn't looking he ate one of the dyed eggs that had been sitting out for at least a week. We had the same thing, I got a call for the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and now I guess my son has a record with the feds! But he wasn't quarantined. Do you know how you got it?
Old 10-17-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Oh, my dear unclean (((Toots)))! Get better soon. Are you sure you won't infect our computers?
Old 10-17-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Dirty, dirty Toots.

Our owner called a halt to the overtime this weekend...for everyone else. I still have to go do my weekly maintenance. Should be an easy weekend. Maybe I can get some stuff done around the house.

Is everyone doing well?
Old 10-17-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Toots you dirty girl , hope you're feeling better soon
Old 10-17-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Duff that must have been pretty scary! I must have just been constantly incubating the bug. Because it began so long ago I can't remember whether or where we ate out or got takeaway or if I cooked yada yada so no knowing the cause. We went to daughters last night and she lives round the corner from my manager. Guess who I bumped into just as I parked! She was fine of course ( I hadn't lied or made out I was sick or anything, just been up front with the facts so my boss could make the final decision whether they wanted me in work or not. Personally I feel that having been in the last 3 weeks without cross infecting anyone I should have been ok and had told my manager that, but u
Time tell I had to let the bosses decide ( they were the ones in trouble if a patient was infected.) anyhoo hopefully the ABs will have done the trick by Monday. I am glad to know that there is a cause they could pin down, because I knew something was wrong, and while I didn't exactly dream up nightmare scenarios, neither did I shy off needing answers. I'm just happy it is easily treated and I get to put the handbell away shortly.

Trachy enjoy your peaceful weekend at work!

Almost hygienic hugs all round xx
Old 10-19-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!
Old 10-19-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Bleh, Monday. Sass, you're too damn chipper.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Bleh, Monday. Sass, you're too damn chipper.
Sorry Trachy - for some reason I woke up feeling great this morning. This is the first time in many, many moons that I've felt this good first thing in the am :-)
Old 10-19-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

That's great, Sass. I'm just blah.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a white cloudy (read "glary") Paradise. The roses are out, the temperature is up -- life is good.

Poor old Toots, I hope you are doing better because that sure sounds like a nasty business, I'll give you a hug even when you are "unclean".

We and Trachy I am itching to hear that your parcels have arrived, I hope they come this week!

Have a good day all.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Trachy, sorry to hear you are feeling blah!

Marcher, I know that We and Trachy will really enjoy their packages!
Old 10-20-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

And guess what was in my mailbox?

It's perfect, Rose! The sizing is just right Those extra stitches were needed! Love the yarn color and the flecks of light color in it. It's kind of dark grey/navy with flecks of lighter colors.

You are so kind to have done this. Made me smile after a blah weekend.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Trachy, happy to hear you got a big boost :-). Marcher wields a mean pair of knitting needles!
Old 10-21-2015, 12:00 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Happy Hump Day Marchers all ok with me just busy
Old 10-21-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

My beanie came too!!!!

Thank you marcher, I love it! It's royal blue with a gray top. I love blue! It's the same blue as my kayak! I will wear it happily throughout the cold season to come. It will go on winter hikes with me, teach with me, make maple syrup with me... I have this hats life all planned out, I should name her!

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

I have been crazy busy and not posting much, but you are all in my thoughts and prayers.