Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 44

Old 10-25-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Life's good here in Sassy-land. Just like when I worked, I need to buy myself a "day stretcher" so I'll have more time to get things done

Hope you are all well!
Old 10-25-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Haha sass, I feel ya on the day stretcher thing. When you get one, will you tell me where you found it?

Life's ok in wehavland. This is my 2500th post so I thought it would be fitting to do it on the " home thread"

It's been an innnnteresting week. Work is busy, I swear October is busier than July for my little center. On Thursday I had the bright idea to offer to work my only day off this week, to take something off my boss's plate and get a little comp time in the process. I thought I was doing a good thing in the long run for j and I, it means I'll have a day down the line I can take off when we move. She liked the idea at first, but got a smidge cranky with me after I committed.

Then I had the Friday from heck. Didn't sleep because of her snoring, got out of bed exhausted. When I went to use the bathroom, she barged in needing to use it. I'd taken a shower the night before to give her more bathroom time, so my exhausted mind found this very irritating. We snipped at each other, kind of fixed it before work but I was still cranky when I got there. Then I realized I'd left He awesome lunch I packed (one for her, one for me) in the fridge at home. So I had no lunch and there was an amazing sandwich sitting in my fridge at home getting old.

Then I taught for four hours with a sore throat.b

Then I got a text from my landlord saying she's sold the building I live in, I should be ok for a little while but I need to call the new lady ASAP to figure that out. Greaaaaat.

I came home, late, exhausted. Then I realized that sore throat was the start of getting sick. And I had just volunteered to work all weekend. I don't have time for this crap.

Whiny, I know. Sorry! My point, if I have one, is than any one of those inconveniences would have sent the old wehav into a self pity tailspin, and definitely towards a drink. I've been worried lately what could happen to make me want to pick up again. I'm a bit scared that there's a scenario out there that would strip away my defense against the next drink.

Thankfully none of those things were it. In fact, the thought of drinking over it was ludicrous to me. So I bought some NyQuil. (Yes, NyQuil, I only take it when I feel really bad and must get sleep for work. It's nasty and doesn't trigger me in the least.) then I got a bunch of sleep.

Saturday, j and our housemate m went looking at houses. One was a house that went on market Friday. No pics on the listing, but the specs and location were good for us. It was a longshot but they had a viewing. They loved the house. Like lets buy it right now loved it. But I couldn't see it Sunday either, cause I had taken that program off my boss's hands... J was bummed but nice about it. So hopefully if it's still on market (they had an open house today I couldn't go to, and it's a very desirable street) I'll see it tomorrow.

I was a little distracted at work cause we were applying for a loan today. Luckily I keep my paystubs dated and handy, so I could email them, and m does my taxes so they were in her laptop.

By this afternoon we were preapproved for a mortgage. We will have a letter in hand when I go see this house.

This is a longshot and may not be anything. Or, we'll make an offer and perhaps buy this house! I'm trying not to get too excited. We still have to sell j's house. if we get His house j and I will have to pay for it, until the other house sells because m will have to keep paying that mortgage. We did the math, we can. We'll have to tighten our spending, but it's possible.

Sorry if I'm talking in circles, it's just been a lot going on in one weekend when I'm sick and working 11 days in a row! In a month or two, I can be in a new house, my apartment who's days are numbered (was bought by a rehabber who is probably going to gut the place), or forced out of the apt with no backup plan. I've been holding on to the apartment as our backup plan if the house sold and we still needed to look.

Friday I was exhausted and anxious. Today I'm on the mend, and a little anxious, but the world is momentarily bright with possibilities.

I'm gonna keep my head above water and pray for direction. Good vibes would be appreciated greatly.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:05 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You got 'em, We. Now, March.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:16 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

(((We))), all the good vibes you need coming your way!
Old 10-26-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sending positive Ray's your way We, both on the housing and the healing front.

All ok in Tootsville, just been really tired lately not sure why. Maybe just the overtime or the time of year or whatever. I need to finish my edit of this latest book but am struggling for the energy. Could do with some vibes myself!!
Old 10-26-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

You got 'Em, toots!

Thanks you guys!
Old 10-26-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

(((Toots))), lots of positive vibes coming your what, too!

And same to everyone who needs them. Happily they don't run out :-)
Old 10-26-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Arrgghhh! House has two offers already, I haven't even seen it yet! Seeing after work today!
Old 10-26-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from (again) a chilly Paradise after a gorgeous weekend. A big ole southerly buster blew through late last night sending stuff crashing to the floor and palm fronds littering the deck. I'm not quite back to thermals but it's getting there.

We sorry to hear you are under bit of stress but you are coping well girl! I had a stressful day yesterday because of volunteer job #3 so I am remembering that old adrenaline feeling that you're feeling. Take care of you in this and Toots -- you too.

Sass I hope you make that new purchase soon.

Ken it's Tuesday morning here so I'm hoping that Day 1 went/is going well.

Have a good day all.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Day 1 went well, this place is much more interesting than the last job. Hope fully they will want me to stick around

Also, today is day 4 without a cigarette. There is no smoking on the company grounds, not even in the parking lot,so its been easier this time.
Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 10-27-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Marcher, hope the weather gets nicer and you enjoy the spring loveliness!

Budd, hope this job is more fun and rewarding than the last. Much more. congrats on day 4 no smoking!! Woohoo!!

Ugh wevahland has been in upheaval for the last few days. Today is day 8 in a row of 11, I got the bright idea to volunteer to take an extra event so I could bank the time and have the ability to take a day off for our move. Sounds like a smart thing to do, riiight? Well that was Sunday, the day the house j and m really liked had an open house. I had committed to work, couldn't bail. That's how the house got two offers before I saw it. Saw it last night, and it was freakishly perfect for us. location, kitchen, even silly stuff like which direction certain things face we loved. Perfect size lot, perfect everything. We wouldn't have to do a thing except paint a room. Which is good, because we don't have much free time and we aren't particularly handy.

We went straight to panera and wrote up an offer. A good one. In going over the offer, I realized that everything was perfect. J and I could totally handle the mortgage ourselves until m sold the other house, then our half would be less and we could sock money away again to travel home as often as we do. The house would close the day before I fly to Cali.

Only one problem. The sellers realtor didn't bother to show them our offer, even though our realtor had been telling them since Sunday morning we were serious and to expect an offer Monday night, she didn't care. J and m were the first people to see the place. Nope didn't matter. I'm pissed at that realtor. That's shady. Our realtor sat with us for two hours working on that note Bing and she had no intention of entertaining it. We wanted to tell the family that we were award winning gardeners, kayakers, nature buffs, and would take lovely care of the home. We would be awesome neighbors. Of course it doesn't work that way. Grrrrr

I keep telling me self that it's ok it's a sign that wasn't the house, the right house will come and now we know we are ready, blahblahblah. I've always been pretty spiritual and intuitive for signs, but this just has me empty. All signs pointed to this place. Even down to the bench in the back garden. It said, -----'s garden. It was my nephews name. They had my nieces name scribbled on a height wall. Crazy stuff.

It's silly to grieve the loss of a house that wasn't ours to begin with. I can't help it. I know it will go away, I know another suitable house will appear. The his one was very special though.

Sorry to be so mememememe right now...
Old 10-27-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a lovely day in Paradise. Ken I'm glad Day 1 went well and you might find the smoking policy a helpful thing. I had cut back smoking to only when I was drinking in 2013 (crazy logic) so when I stopped drinking it was relatively easy to stop smoking. This policy might help you to move smoking into a small part of the day making it easier to give up?

We I can understand you feeling bummed, gosh I would too. Something is going to come along for you though, something that is better.

There are a zillion roses blooming in the front yard at the moment, I don't think we have ever had so many out at one time.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

We, bummer on the house! As they say, when one door closes another opens. I have faith that you will find what suits you!

Marcher, happy to hear you have lots and lots of roses :-)

Budd, glad to hear first day went well!
Old 10-28-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Ah We I so feel for you. Hubby and I had a similar experience when we were looking to move back down to Dundee. We fell in love. House had been on the market a while as it was an unusual unique design. The day we went to see it another couple also viewed. Basically as the wonder showed it, it was down to him to decide which offer he wanted to accept. He went with the others. I was gutted, I felt like I just couldn't be bothered any more, felt like it wasn't going to happen for us. A few weeks later we found the house we eventually bought. It didn't tick all our boxes but we were happy enough there until this one came on the market and called out to us. I wouldn't swap this for the first house now. Life is what it is sweetie, I know sometimes it feels like the blue bird of happiness on,y flies over you to crap on your head, but suck it up, keep your chin up and round the next corner, or the one after that..... Well things work out how they are meant to.

Budd glad you are liking the new job.

Marcher, counting the days yet, or still just the weeks?

I appreciate all the positive vibes, they gave me the umph I needed to finish the third book editing and get it ready for publication. I just need to finalise the cover, double check the pages ( when I edit things move up and down and I can end up with Chapter ... Being the last words on a page!

Happy Hump Day all xx
Old 10-28-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I need some positive thoughts and prayers. I got a phone call last night from my sister in-law. My brother has a mass on his brain, he'll be seeing some more doctors this week to hear his options, I don't know anything else. Hopefully it's something that can be taken care of.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

(((Budd))), sending both prayers and positive thoughts for your brother! Please keep us posted.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a paradise full of sunshine and roses. Ken I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, let's hope it is something that can be dealt with or something benign.

Toots I'm not up to counting the days but it won't be long.

We are all cruising along just fine in marcher Land, I love these times when everyone is well and the shop is ticking over nicely.

Have a good day all.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Just talked to my brother, he's got a baseball sized tumor on his frontal lobe. The doctors ate going to operate in 2 weeks and remove 80 % of it and see what happens from there
Old 10-28-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Budd, that's rough. Best of luck.

Sun finally broke out today after three days of rain. Almost 70*F when I left work. Yay!
Old 10-28-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Budd, so sorry to hear that. Will keep hoping that it won't be really bad.

Trachy, 70 is simply obscene when we are freezing our bxtts off here!