Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 20

Old 10-06-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hey that sounds good to me BD. Kinda hot again here but I'm gonna give that soup a try when it cools again.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Thought that was last night phoebe. Enjoy!

Thinking of positive things is a great bedtime habit you've got there Arbor. I've got to work on that. Over the next year I have many personal inventory things to consider and close to the top of the list is my all-too-often gloomy outlook. I'm very entrenched in some ways of thinking that need changing. I find it very very difficult to train my mind. I can follow physical plans etc., but have been woefully unsuccessful at addressing my cynical outlook. Not good. Takes one's joy. Coming up with a plan to be proactive about it is also difficult for me. I've pretty much just always reacted to my thoughts and feelings even though I see that they often keep me trapped just like my AV did. So I stopped drinking. Now what? Anyway, I'm gonna start by reading that article and then researching from there. I've got to convince myself that I can ultimately determine the direction of my thoughts and the results of them.

Wishing each of you the best day.
I really hope you take my advice here Mark, and read You Can Be Happy No Matter What by Richard Carlson. It's life-changing, and easy to read. ♥
Old 10-06-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Conquest ~ I'm so happy for you that your meeting with Jr's mum went well...I have been wondering about her for ages, but couldn't ask. I wasn't sure if she was still around. But she is, and you will be able to raise this lovely little boy together.

No recipes from me BD, unless you want to make a perfect cheese and tomato omelette.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I'll check into that this afternoon V....thanks. You had me laughing on the whole clipboard thing. It was difficult enough to act nonchalant about it all as it was. I'm not too timid, but blotting off with a wadded up little tee shirt was a bit much. I now have my own spare towel packed away in my bag.

Wishing all the best day.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Venus, I cannot make an omelette! I've admitted my defeat. I won't try anymore, no use. That's what restaurants are for. Mark, good move on the spare towel.

This week started super busy-maybe I can catch my breath today. Have a great day all!
Old 10-07-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Carrying two towels, now, lol, Mark!

BD, you onion soup sounds divine! My friend had some as a first course last night, and it looked amazing! I love it, and she said tha restaurant has the best, but I stayed pretty true to my diet and still had an awesome dinner. Everything was a la carte, so we had 3 veggie dishes on the table. So we each shared. I had ordered the filet of beef. But I did have a roll and the cake she had ordered for the occasion. It was too good to stop after one bite. Not typically an over the top chocolate fan in desserts, but this was soooo good. At least I did not get the lobster ravioli in sherried cream sauce.

Will have to take an extra walk or 3 today! The pooch will love it.

How are you feeling, V? Thinking about Leigh too.

Conquest, looking forward to hearing about the dress you choose!

V, I am also going to look into that book. I find I often feel flat, and worry a lot. I need to let go and try to be more joyful, less serious in life.

Ok, off to get myself some decaf.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! The coffee is especially good with a little bit of pumpkin pie spice sprinkled in this morning. First work, then round 2 of dress shopping.
That soup recipe looks awesome! Anyone have a recipe for rabbit? (Eek! I've never had it before and not sure that I'm ready to try now. Jr. came back with one from hunting last weekend... A consolation prize, I guess. I may need to leave this one up to the guys. Lol)
Back to positive thinking... Joyce Meyer has written quite a few books on thought processes and has a new one out called The Mind Connection. I haven't read it yet, but it sounds good. I have read Power Thoughts and Change Your Words, Change Your Life. They're both really good because you can read just a page or two and get something from them to apply almost instantly, a great way to start each day on the right foot.

Augh! The clock goes too fast when I'm on here. Gotta run. Love to all!
Old 10-07-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Conquest, a distant memory of a rabbit recipe come to my mind from bugs bunny....Where's my hasenfeffer?! Takes me back.....but may be pretty good.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Oh, meant to post a curious thing I just saw on FB. A friend posted about her hotel shampoo and soap having rum in them! She posted photos, and right there on the label was 3% rum for the soap and 12% for the shampoo! How odd, really, but 12% is hefty! She and her colleague were perplexed because they did not exactly want to report to the business meeting smelling like rum.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Conquest, my father in law loves rabbit. Makes a hardy rabbit stew. I can get the recipe of you'd like.

I'll have to try that French onion soup BD. Looks wonderful.

I'd like to check out your book recommendation V. Sounds like my thing.

Hope your week is going well Briar.

In a rush on a classic fall day. More to come later!
Old 10-07-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Morning guys. Sorry to skip yesterday, I've been busy, a little too busy. I saw my therapist yesterday, and after what I felt was a dazzling conversation, he pointed out that I am getting a little manic. So now I have to get that straightened out, and the necessary meds are a literal buzzkill. I hate them, and getting better feels like getting depressed. I keep thinking of things I want to get done first, but nah. Gotta let it go and make health my top priority. I think the fire thing got me too riled up for too long. That sort of thing can throw my brain chemicals off balance.

Otherwise things are good. I will post that chili recipe shortly...unless Mark kept his copy?
Old 10-07-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

That's right, Briar. Stay on top of the health stuff. I know it makes all the difference for me, especially rest/not enough rest.

Rum in the shampoo?! What the heck? I'd gag at the smell of it, for sure. Bleh.

I'd love the recipe, Arbor! Thanks.
And yes. There have been quite a few Elmer Fudd impersonations tossed around here lately. The kiddo is so proud if his first prize.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

The recipe is in part 7 of our class thread on page 22.

I'm glad you had fun phoebe!

In unrelated and unimportant news (except to me).....I may have mentioned that I am following with my workouts according to the approach advocated by this website I use. They posted my results as a testimonial and that was a boost to my middle-aged guy's self esteem. Wouldn't have happened a year ago.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good night out Phoebe. Alcohol in the soap and shampoo? What?! Last week we were talking about cooking with alcohol and now we gotta read the shampoo label?

Hey Dee, are you building a life without alcohol in the soap and shampoo too?!

Im being silly, but really???
Old 10-07-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Mark!!! What a cool accomplishment!! Be loud and proud cuz I know it's taken a lot of time and effort.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hello, dear Octsobers!

Great to see everyone doing so well.

Geesh, I've never heard of alcohol in soap and shampoo - sounds like it would be awfully drawing to both skin and hair.

Mark, 'way to go' on the acknowledgement of your workout results - very cool and well deserved.

Good luck dress shopping today, conquest - what an exciting time.

V, it sounds like you are feeling better - so glad. I am jealous of your omelet skills; like BD, I have acknowledged defeat.

BD, omelets are only made in restaurants; that's our story and we're sticking to it.

Phoebe, glad you had a nice time at dinner with your friends. I have a new perspective on meals out; while my husband and friends enjoy their wine, beer and cocktails and main courses, I stayed focused on dessert. They usually ask for the check after the main course and I say "Oh no; not so fast; I need to see the dessert menu".

Briar, glad that you are keeping your health as your first priority.

Arbor, have the leaves started to turn in your area yet - nothing much here.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Phoebe, reading about your nice dinner last evening made this carnivore hungry! Got two nice filets marinating and will soon fire up the grill.

I hope you're feeling better today Briar.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Mmmmm- filets on the grill - mouthwatering.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Steak does sound good. I'm heading out and planning to pick up something for dinner on the way home. We've got a new swanky grocery store nearby that has an awesome deli with lots of healthy options. It's a bit of a splurge, but the convenience is fantastic. I've got my fingers crossed for a dress. But no pressure since it's just me going. If I don't find something tonight, I'll be on a serious mission this Saturday.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I hope the dress shopping process is fun Conquest. I'm not much for shopping myself, but this is something special. So I'm hoping it doesn't become something that creates pressure for ya. Hard to have imagined this a year ago right?! Good stuff.