Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 20

Old 10-07-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Arbor, have the leaves started to turn in your area yet - nothing much here.
Oh yes Leigh! Lookin good up here. Not peak yet, but good. Real good.

I'd take some pics but every time I try to post something of detail on here I can't. What apps do ya'll use for resizing a photo that still look good? I have the iPhone 5 so it does take sweet photos.

Mark, the filet sounds great. It's on sale here for $8.99 lb if you buy the whole thing. Enjoy it!
Old 10-07-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Thanks Mark, copied Briar's recipe and saved it to my hard drive-learned that a long time ago, paste to wordpad and save in my recipe folder. One holiday my internet was down and I could not access a lot of the recipes I needed. Had the soup again, LOL. It's a keeper.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Oh yes Leigh! Lookin good up here. Not peak yet, but good. Real good.

I'd take some pics but every time I try to post something of detail on here I can't. What apps do ya'll use for resizing a photo that still look good? I have the iPhone 5 so it does take sweet photos.

Mark, the filet sounds great. It's on sale here for $8.99 lb if you buy the whole thing. Enjoy it!
I'm hoping for a color display next week; we had an awfully hot and dry August which I am hoping won't have a negative impact. Fall is my favorite season!!!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Thanks Mark, copied Briar's recipe and saved it to my hard drive-learned that a long time ago, paste to wordpad and save in my recipe folder. One holiday my internet was down and I could not access a lot of the recipes I needed. Had the soup again, LOL. It's a keeper.
I'm not a natural cook like Briar seems to be, meaning I don't generally know what substitutes well etc.. I did use a can of corn in place of one can of beans. We haven't done it with ground beef yet, just turkey. I thought it was neat how Arbor took leftover rib eat and made chili. I don't like to waste and that sounded good. I just don't think of changing it up like that. I learn from y'all!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Good evening all. Feeling super tired this evening. Even caught a catnap earlier but still feel tired. Hoping to go to bed early.

Odd thing is the AV chatters away when I feel like this. Why would it want to drink when I need sleep? Anyway, no wine here, so no problem.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

It's probably that HALT thing (hungry, angry, lonely, tired), phoebe; the AV loves all those conditions - considers them 'oppportunities' or 'openings' - crafty little demon.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
I'm hoping for a color display next week; we had an awfully hot and dry August which I am hoping won't have a negative impact. Fall is my favorite season!!!!!
Same here. Love fall. August and September gave us drought. Some premature leaf drop because of it, but still the colors are just as nice.

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Odd thing is the AV chatters away when I feel like this. Why would it want to drink when I need sleep? Anyway, no wine here, so no problem.
It is nice to not have it in the home isn't it? Once I am home from work all is good. I generally don't leave the house again until the morning.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Mark - congrats on the recognition, that's awesome! You've really earned it, and it's great to see sobriety paying off in a tangible way.

Conquest - good luck with the dress. I found one that I loved but was going to dismiss it as I just felt it was too good for me, but then I was like hell yeah I deserve this! It was like $700, and I still look at it and think of all the other stuff I could have bought with that money, but it sure felt amazing to wear it. I think that made it worth it.

V - I hope you're feeling better!

All this food talk is inspiring. I'm figuring out dinner right now...I'm thinking a simple stir fry with a little teriyaki and a scoop of coconut oil for some Thai flair. Yum!

I actually need to get my head together about the health kick I've been on. It's great to lose weight, but I'm down to 110 now and should maybe cool it at this point, but it's really hard to organize my thoughts about it right now. Starting to dip into some of my other weird issues. I definitely feel like things are getting a little screwy in my head. Oh well, I'll work it out.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Same here. Love fall. August and September gave us drought. Some premature leaf drop because of it, but still the colors are just as nice.

It is nice to not have it in the home isn't it? Once I am home from work all is good. I generally don't leave the house again until the morning.
There is always beer here. Husband has 3-4 pretty much every night.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

No dress. And I'm too tired to care right now. Lol

You're hearing your body's needs, acknowledging them, and adjusting as needed. That's truly awesome, Briar! Keep at it. You're inspiring me to do the same each day.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Early bedtime, early to rise and shine. I'm jumping on the tea wagon with some Zen tea this morning. It's got ginger, lemongrass, and spearmint. Interesting combo, but pretty good stuff!
Tonight, I'm in charge of fixing that rabbit. Oh my. Jr wants to try to make it into nuggets (of course). This should be interesting. I'm grabbing a rotisserie chicken from the store just in case we need backup. Lol
And Mark, you're absolutely right. Who would've ever thought a year ago that I'd be frying up rabbit with a handsome guy and cutie-pa-tootie kid on a regular Thursday night? I was also asked to fix my future goddaughter's hair for her first school dance on Friday night. It's not easy at times, but it's all completely awesome and totally worth it. If I hadn't made those positive changes a year ago, I wouldn't have all of these incredible people in my life right now, including all of you. Wow. Just wow.
Keep at it, friends!
Old 10-08-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I have no suggestions on the rabbit whatsoever Conquest.

I love fall too, love the colors and the temps. We've been having gorgeous weather this week-60's to 70's and plenty of sunshine. I have a craft show on Saturday, so I am gearing up for that. It's supposed to rain on Friday, which may put a dent in my packing plans. No use worrying about it; it is what it is, whether I fret or not. Work has been crazy busy, which makes the time go super fast. Have a good day all.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Thursday. Only working this morning and looking forward to the afternoon. Soon enough another weekend comes around. I've ended up with some nice lamb chops to have this weekend....not something I grew up eating. Gotta decide how to season it. I have a Rosemary bush so I may use some of it.

I've had trouble posting pics since the last iOS update. Haven't figured it out yet.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

Conquest, I emailed my father in law to get that rabbit stew recipe for you. I've never cooked it or eaten it.

Lamb chops sound good Mark. Again, never cooked lamb. Not our thing, but have eaten chops at special events.

Phoebe, my wife has been good with the no alcohol in the house deal. If she wants a couple I don't know about it. Don't care really. She's never been much of a drinker.

How's it going V?
Old 10-08-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I still post pics the cumbersome way. I use the full site to upload pics from my phone to my SR photo album. Then I copy and paste the BB code from the album into my post. I have to do that part from my desktop because I haven't figured out how to copy the entire line of code from my phone, which is a very weird glitch.

Conquest - I'm not much for rabbit ever since I was about five and my parents totally mishandled a rabbit-for-eating situation when I took it for a pet. We had a beautiful white bunny whom I named Snowball. I loved Snowball. I held him and petted him all the time. We have a picture of me wearing my best dress holding Snowball, he was that special. One detail my parents failed to clarify, however, was that Snowball was betrothed to the crockpot. I will never eat rabbit again after sitting through dinner weeping into my bowl of rabbit stew.

Just another reason this country girl was meant for the suburbs.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hmm...won't eat lamb either. Poor little Oliver...same situation.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Oh, how sad, Briar!

That said, I love lamb! Sounds delicious, Mark.

Yeah, Arbor, hubby, if even upstairs with me, has a beer in hand every evening, all evening, pretty much. He has his own problem which he will never acknowledge. Predates my own problem. He moderates better than when we were younger. There were some pretty bad binges where we had big fights. But his 1-2 has escalated to 3-5 most evenings, more on weekends. Always evening, unless we go to a day party, like a BBQ. He seems to escalate when I slip/relapse. Like he had been cutting back(never stopping) in times when I was sober or more vocal about it. But is quietly delighted to have the drinking buddy back if I have relapsed. I can just tell by observing how he drinks with more abandon at those times, and then it seems to have stuck.

So, someday, when I have a year or two of success, and I will, I will address it with him. But, I am pretty confident he has no desire to ever stop.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

SO, I am exhausted again today. Maybe it is the new eating plan/exercise. I have felt hungry and sore from exercises. Sore in a good way, but maybe my body is tired from not being used to it all. I let myself rest yesterday. May try to catch a nap today and see how I feel. But may stick to walking again today. I tried to perk up by walking the dog. he would not go very far, and the brisk air did nothing to make this fog in my brain lift.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Oh gosh, I remember having certain calves as 'pets' out of the herd when I was a young lad. Somehow I knew not to ask when they disappeared.

I'd love to see some of that New England autumn scenery. Maybe when my youngest is a little older and it doesn't hurt her feeling to be left at home. Ha...lots of my life is spent trying to understand and navigate the feelings of the ladies in my life.

V, I hope you're feeling better. Missing you around here!
Old 10-08-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
SO, I am exhausted again today. Maybe it is the new eating plan/exercise. I have felt hungry and sore from exercises. Sore in a good way, but maybe my body is tired from not being used to it all. I let myself rest yesterday. May try to catch a nap today and see how I feel. But may stick to walking again today. I tried to perk up by walking the dog. he would not go very far, and the brisk air did nothing to make this fog in my brain lift.
Phoebe, Anytime I really dive in on a particularly strict round of exercise I feel like you described...especially early on and then towards the end of the ten week cycle. Your body likely does need more rest now.

And phoebe, I've said it before, but I think the encouragement for you bears repeating. It is no doubt more difficult with the drinking in the house. Like Arbor I don't often leave once I get home from work and home is my safe place as far as alcohol is concerned. My hat is tipped to you (or baseball cap in my case). But like you, I think the timing of when to address things that are potentially inflammatory is when you feel solid footing on sober ground.