# 2 (permalink)  

Boom!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yay, Venuscat is back!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Briar, your muffin-tin crayons are beautiful and so creative!!!!!

Have a great day, Octsobers.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi Popeye! So awesome to hear from so many people, feels like a party!

Freezing this morning, I'm all in for boots weather! Too bad forecast says mid 80s for the afternoon. I might wear them anyway...my office is air conditioned.

Hopefully rain will come soon. I want to visit my mom soon, but she won't let us go out there until it rains. She says it's too dangerous, which is strange and sad because that's my childhood home. I know she's right, though. Very dangerous out there right now.

Last night my daughter randomly asked "where is the fire? Is it far away?" I told her it's all gone (not 100 percent true, it's still burning, but they will have it out in the next couple days). I wish I could see into her little mind so I could know what she actually thinks happened. I definitely still feel insecure about my parenting throughout this whole mess. A million people told me how to change a diaper. No one told me how to explain a natural disaster to a 4 year old.

Anyway, I'm actually feeling pretty motivated to get some work done today. Onward! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-28-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Briar, you did a great job parenting through all of that! I bet someday she will have some weird and funny memories about the horse at her house. The anxiety will fade and the family pulling together will be the memory.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh man. Pu-erh tea back in da house. Wife bought a big box of 100. Nothin like it on a cool day.

image-793479443.jpg
Old 09-28-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Heck yeah pu-erh!

Thanks Phoebe, I'm sure you're right. I like the idea that her memory will be of the family being together and helping each other. Hopefully the worst part will be her memory of her uncle politely declining to demonstrate his tree climbing skills. She was very disappointed.

I feel like I'm processing it well myself. Definitely some lingering fear though. I still check the news several times a day to see if another fire has broken out, and I felt kind of angry yesterday at the park when I saw flames coming off a BBQ grill. I felt like the probably totally decent guy BBQing was a real a-hole. I think probably no BBQs or campfires for me for a while. I'll get past all this I'm sure.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So while I was sick, I take it things got worse on the fire front before they got better, and the horse came to live with you Briar? And your mum and the other animals too I guess?

Thank God the fires are almost out now.
And I think that barbecuing guy was pretty insensitive. I'm sure you were not the only person it bothered. In fact, I'm surprised you are not still under total fire ban.

Well, I worked today. Slowly. And now I feel like I have been hit by a truck. I need someone to bring me some of that tea...although I still have absolutely no clue what it is...I'm boring; I like early grey and english breakfast.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Tuesday.

If I ever see any of that nice tea I'll have to try it. For this morning though it's generic brand instant coffee, black, in my favorite black mug.

Wishing each of you the best day. Gym time.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think with parenting all you can do is your best Briar.
I think you did great - I totally agree with Phoebe

D
Old 09-29-2015, 03:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Venus, I watched most of the pilot for Limitless-I liked it, thanks for the tip! I could watch TV with you any time my friend. As for the work, I guess you'll be pretty worn out for a while. Your work is a lot of physical activity. I hope today is better for you.

Briar, A won't remember much of this, just a few key points like the pony in her yard for sure. My DD was in on kindergarten for 9/11. What she remembers most is her teacher crying and how scared everyone was. This too shall pass.

I'm a coffee gal myself, but instant, never! I'll wait for the Keurig at the office. Enjoy your Tuesday gang.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Octsobers! Sorry to worry you all. Life is good here. Pressing forward. And that's all I want to say about that for now. Lol

I had a dream about you all and woke up thinking of you. It was about this time last year that I felt something begging for change in my heart. I can't thank each of you enough for your support throughout the past year. It's been quite a ride, hasn't it?

Moving plans and wedding plans to catch yall up on. For now, I gotta run to work. (Boooooooooooo)
Looking forward to catching up with each of you and moving forward on this journey. Xoxoxo
Old 09-29-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back Conquest

D
Old 09-29-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Conquest!! So great to hear from you. Glad you are okay. Thank you for checking in!

I need to find some TV to watch. Less than inspired by the day to day offerings on regular channels. I really don't have time at night, though. Or anytime the kids are around. Most of the good shows are not especially suitable for their viewing. What does that say about the shows I like? Also they have shows they are into, so I try to have an interest in what they like. Some common ground, something to talk about. Son loves Gotham right now. But everything he watches is superhero related, and I just cannot keep up with his level of detail. LOL. I do think he has attained superhero geek status.

Day 2 of my new diet and exercise plan. So far so good. I was hungry yesterday and had a bit of extra chicken and some bites of some leftover cous cous for a snack. But I exercised with a specified video(Total Cardio Fix), and did a few walks with the dog, as well as a vigorous cleaning of my bathroom. It was a bit neglected. Today, going to try to get our bedroom clean. Some piles for donations in there, clothing to go through, etc... Need to get groceries too.

Hope you all have a great day. Upper Body Fix is my workout for today. I did it on the weekend and was sore for two days, in a good way.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So great to see you Conquest! Glad all is well. Was definitely worried!
Old 09-29-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome back Conquest! With you and V back, my day is officially 'made'.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Conquest!!! Welcome back! We've missed you so much. I'm glad to hear that you are okay.

V - there was a new fire that was devastating. Google Valley Fire in Middletown California. I grew up in Middletown and know it like the back of my hand, except that now half of it is gone. My mom's house was spared, and my brother's received minimal damage, which was a miracle as he was right in the middle of it. He fled to our house with his girlfriend and their animals and stayed for three days. They brought five large dogs and a miniature horse to my tiny suburban backyard, and it was comical. We couldn't find my mom for two days, but when we did she was fine. Now everyone is back and trying to rebuild. The damage is unbelievable, and one of the people who died was a family friend, which is heartbreaking. It's a small town, so we know so many people who lost everything, and it's such an awful powerless feeling. It was a very intense experience, and now I'm just figuring out how to navigate my own journey with it, and my daughter's.

Phoebe - glad to hear the new program is going well so far. I hope it works for you. Do the portion sizes seem reasonable?

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Phoebe - glad to hear the new program is going well so far. I hope it works for you. Do the portion sizes seem reasonable?

I have been hungry a few times. But I tend to budget food to have some left if I am hungry later, after dinner. I will always and forever be hungry in the evenings, I think. It is when I drank, when I snacked, and it is my addiction prime time for both of those things. So, I should probably allow myself all of my food through the day and just make myself shut down the kitchen at 7 or something. Only hot drinks after that. I am sure my body would eventually adjust.

If I have all the right foods around, I can be very full. I made a huge stir fry, sort of like fried rice, with cabbage, chicken and quinoa, and a few other things, all within the day's allowances. I could have eaten all of it that day, but it was too much. So, it is about choices. Some foods are more bulky and require more effort. Its okay. I have clearly been over eating, so of course, if I want to lose weight, I will feel like it is not "enough." KWIM?

What is good and different for me with this go round at weigh loss, other than many years ago, with WW, is I have a group and accountability. We log in each day to report that we exercised and share one meal we had. The coach seems very supportive and I know another person in the group.

Have 1.7 miles(2 short walks with the dog), and my Upper Body Fix done and dusted. So, if I do more walks or exercise, I am ahead of the game. Fell behind time-wise this morning due to a play date with Huxley. Unplanned, but always great to let him get rid of some energy! We bumped into his bff, whose owner is always eager to tire her out as well. Still need to shower and get to the grocery store.

I don't know how families with both parents working full time get it all done. I have the greatest admiration for you all. I stay home and feel like there is never enough time in the day for getting laundry done, house upkeep, getting fresh food, food prep, etc... plus all the appointments, etc... for the kids, dog...
Old 09-29-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morning, Octsobers.

Welcome back, Conquest; so great to hear from you!!!!!