Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 20

Old 10-18-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Forts, pumpkin patches, football games, and ribs?! Yall are having too much fun without me!!!

I'm going to try to join the rest of the world today, feeling a little bit better after sleeping all day and night practically. First, I'm going to Cowboy's church, which will most likely end up being where we go most of the time. Then, while I've got him hooked, we're gonna finish up our registry and get him suited up. I'll make sure there's good food thrown in the mix to keep him happy. Hopefully, we can get it all done early in the day and just chill tonight.

How are you holding up, Venus? Thinking of you often.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Today is shaping up to be very busy. Off to church with DH and my SIL; the mass is in honor of their parents, both deceased. After church we are going to a Pancake House that was a favorite of my in-laws-we never go there. Made a pot of beef stew that will simmer for a few hours later. Have to make more bath melts, do laundry. Hose burst during DH's shower (glad it wasn't mine, LOL) so I'll be hunting down a hose. Nephew turned six today; going over for cake at 6:30.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

BD that is a packed day! All good things though.

Conquest I'm glad you're feeling better today. Sucks to get sick when you have so much going on, but I think sometimes that's our bodies' way of letting us know to slow down. I'm glad you could get some rest.

Speaking of rest, I hope V is taking it easy. Get better, girl!

Mark that sucks about your gym. Maybe you can designate Sunday mornings for running.

I think it's time for a chili and cornbread night. I even have half a mind to make another tortilla berry pie. But first, grocery shopping.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

And if Mark got to show off his amazing arms in a prior post, it's only fair that I get to show off this. Lost 25 pounds. Thank you FitBit, low carb tortillas, and sobriety.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Wow Briar. You look fantastic.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Hi gang,

Happy Monday V. I hope you and Conquest are feeling much better now. And yes, in a most big-brotherly way I shall agree that you look great Briar. I had thought about posting the torso shot they used on my fitness web site but was a bit timid about it. I think we're all just beginning to discover the treasures that sobriety will bring....physical and otherwise.

The house is empty of guests for the moment but we'll have guests for the next two weekends. I enjoy it. BTW Briar....I'm thinking that Sunday will be a designated 'run' day. Just got back from running as a matter of fact.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Lookin good guys. Here I am a month or so in. Have a great night!

image-3453088433.jpg
Old 10-18-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Awesome, Briar!! My ship has sailed for abs like that, but will settle for a healthy weight I can maintain and more muscle mass.

Busy weekend with soccer, driving, cooking, dog, etc. The 21 day fix "ended" today and I was derailed with some back crankiness this past 10 days. Not huge, but enough that the workouts they do were not something I was chancing. It cycles 21 days, then a week off, but I am going to work it this week, in the off week, and start with the group again the following Monday. I already made some grilled chicken to use during the week.

That said, my daughter was begging for some fried chicken fingers. So, I did half of the chicken I had like that for the kids(but of course hubby and I had some), and then grilled the rest to use for the week of healthy eating. Since I have grease in the fryer, daughter is using it to make some donut holes. Oy! It can be hard eating well when kids are experimenting with baking.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

So funny, Arbor!! LOL.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! I don't mean to be all look at me! But I'm just really proud of this accomplishment because after having a baby in my 30s and drinking like I did, I didn't think I would ever feel good about myself again. I see now how much my drinking was holding me back and tricking me into thinking I had no control over my life. Now I feel I have the power to make decisions rather than just let my problem drag me along behind it. It has been pretty amazing to reclaim my health and confidence. I know I wouldn't have the freedom to do this if I were still drinking.

Okay, had my moment, back to being humble.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Haha! Looking good Arbor!
Old 10-18-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Good heavens! I don't think I could look like that on steroids!

I've eaten lots of ballgame style junk this weekend. Gotta cut that out, but goes well with football. I would have a go at a cider donut if I could....never heard of them, but sounds tasty!

Sorry about the ongoing back issues phoebe.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Oh my. We had some leftover brownies from Saturday. I suggested to did we try scooping a blob of the dough with a chunk of brownie inside. I did not try it, but she said it was amazing.

And the fryer will be packed up until at least Christmas Eve!!
Old 10-18-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Oh man Phoebe, that does sound delicious. We've decided to make an impromptu pot of strawberry applesauce for dessert. Just apples and strawberries. Peel the apples, chop everything up small, simmer until soft and cooked down so it's not too liquid, then blow it up in the food processor. I'm going to strain out the strawberry seeds.

It's simmering now, my daughter helped chop the fruit, so she's stoked about it. Smells good!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Fit and gorgeous, Briar!!!
You too, Arbor!

Busy weekend for the group! Somehow, someway, I was convinced to hop on the back of the motorcycle this evening. We rode all through some back roads, saw lots of cows and farmland, and stopped for icecream. It was totally terrifying at first, but fun and freeing overall. sober life is so good
Old 10-18-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Didn't strain the seeds, didn't need to, texture was just right, yum! And enough leftover for my daughters breakfast.

You're brave Conquest, you wouldn't catch me on a motorcycle. I'm a wuss!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Sounds awesome! And I'll bet the house smells incredible.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

G'mornin and evenin everybody! I've got a day off to get some stuff done around here, prepping and packing up odds and ends for the move in about 8 weeks. That means a lot of sorting through and clearing out random stuff... never my favorite thing to do, but it always feels great once it's done.
And it's going to be another gorgeous day here, so I'm going to invite my parents out for lunch at a park between us. Should be a nice day.
Have a fantastic start to the week!
Old 10-19-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hello, Octsobers.

I don't have time to catch up.

I'll 'be back' in a couple of days.

Love to all.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Sounds good Leigh. Where ya headed?

First frost was last night. Boy, got down to 25 degrees! Rest of the week looks warmer though. 60's...

Trying to enjoy this special time of year around here. Things are pretty peaceful on my end today.

Good luck with the packing Conquest.

image-2161068048.jpg