Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 22

Old 09-15-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Glad you saw the show, Snooz.

Sending you hugs and support. Hope you have a restful sleep tonight. Your body is mending! That part about the liver was amazing, yes!? Our health is a precious gift.

Guys, I have some fantastic things happening at the moment. I seem to have more and more things going into my "sober bank account". I finally feel like the second chance is coming to full fruition. I can only thank the Gods, the universe - whatever power you believe in, by not drinking again. I cannot go into it so much right now, because I have lots to do, but I can only say, every day is a good day not to drink, because it gets you closer to where you need to be. Even on the tough days I've learned lessons about myself.

So grateful right now. My sober life really is unfolding and everything is starting to make sense.

Wolfy, keep doing what you are doing, trusting and moving forward. (Like the lyrics of the Bob Dylan song you quoted too, Leshar.) we have to do the best with what we've got - even when it doesn't seem like a lot, it's moe than we ever had drinking.

Love and hugs to all. Nighty night.xx
Old 09-15-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Crois thanks so much for such a positive post , you have no idea how posts like that make me want to stay on track .im definitely feeling better and just as motivated . I saw my doc yesterday and he wanted to know if I wanted to continue with the very expensive medication I had been given at rehab.
I'm not going to mention what it is as I dont want someone who reads this and who it may work for negatively about it.
It worked for me until some idiot told me you could still drink with it and not get sick.
It's over $200 a month.
I said no , because I need my head to be straight first..
No tablet will work for me unless my mind is right.

I'm on track now & feeling really good. I'm still very lethargic , but that will pass.
I didn't need ANY medication at all other than my AD. No anxiety today at all.
Holly and I spent the day watching movies :-)

Oh the one thing I learnt about rehab which I had forgotton is that as heavy drinkers ,we should take a thiamine tablet every day for the rest of our lives weather we drink anymore or not

Xxxx
Old 09-15-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello all,
I'm feeling incredible sadness. Mornings are worse. A good friend called. She's going through terrible sadness and anxiety in a horrible marriage atm. We are very alike with our mood and self esteem issues, although she's not alcoholic. It felt good to support her. We all need one another, and that's a good thing. I've spent years in self pitying isolation, alcoholism, since Larry died.
Thank you to all of you here.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hi Leshar , how lovely of you to support her even though you were having a sad day yourself.
That's being a true friend :-)

Thanks for all the help you have given to us as well . I personally have found your words very comforting at times when I've needed.

I love Julyers
Old 09-15-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Leshar you are beautiful & a lovely lady same goes for all the Julyers you are all beautiful ppl
Old 09-15-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Julyers
Old 09-15-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Julyers... Just popping in, I miss you guys. I check this thread from time to time and it just warms my heart to see your names and hear your stories and your thoughts. Thank you for that.

I know I'm not around much as far as posting, it's hard enough for me to stay involved in whatever monthly class I've joined over the past couple of years. Of course now I'm in September, I just keep on trying. Not trying to be trite about it, I want sobriety for good so bad , just get mad at myself for still being on this rollercoaster. But I'm doing well, almost a week and feeling positive and determined. I feel like this could be the beginning of a really good turning pint in my life for a number of reasons. But nothing will change if I i stay in the cycle of drinking, it just takes too much out of me for anything to change or grow.

Anyway, hope you don't mind if I kind of re-join you all. I love the connections and friendships I always felt here, and to be honest I need more of that in my life. Isolation isn't working.

Thanks
Old 09-15-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Saw my psychiatrist today and i had a bad anxiety attack this morning.
He made a lot of sense. He drug tests his patients because he prescribes controlled substances and wants to make sure people are using them. He said alot of people do other drugs and is concerned they could have interactions. He simply wants to protect himself and others.

As far as my inital refill request he said that with xanax he is very cautious because people simply abuse it or try to get refills and say they lost them or the dog ate them
He said he understood my situation and would not let me withdrawal. So i take accountability for not seeing him sooner and understand his concerns. I guess I won't be firing him.

Struggling with sleep and a minor urge today..seems to be a theme here. Its ok urges like emotions come and go. We can do it and stay strong.
Anyway i hope you are feeling better Leshar. I am glad your are doing it SnoozyQ. SW you are always a getnleman and a scholar. Hope you had a great day Bob, venuscat,CaseyW and Croissant and anyoneay else i forgot to name drop.

Seems like we have a lot of people disappear in July 15. Ai show back up randomly but a lot never do. This disease, affliction or diagnosis is the real deal. It progresses so quickly. I hope everyone makes it out. Take care!
Old 09-15-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad to see you back in here, FABL. I was very hesitant to come back to this, my original class, when I crawled back to SR. But I'm so glad I finally bit the bullet and got over my embarrassment and did it. While I still do my daily check-in on the May 2015 thread every morning since that's where I finally figured this recovery thing out, I really consider this group to be my recovery home. There are so many wonderful supportive people here. We're many of us at varying places in our own recovery but we all have today in common.

Anyways, once again I'm glad you're here. Hope you'll check in often. And I hope you'll come to us and ask for help BEFORE you take that first drink next time. Teaching myself to take that pause and ask for help has made all the difference in my own recovery.

It's been a good day here. Got a bunch of errands done this afternoon and had a good, normal night at work. I'm off the next two days so I'm going to turn on the old Xbox 360 and stay up late and be Batman for a while now.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning Julyers
Old 09-16-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks Casey. Yes, it's definitely shame on my part to come back, considering it's been over 2 years. But I look back in that time as a really good time in my life and associate much of that with the support I got here with all of you. I don't think I've strung together 30 days since then but a lot has happened in my life also. I lost my mother in law, ended an on again off again 11 year relationship, legal problems with my exh (father of my kids ) which ended him up in jail(he's out now) and the most devastating of all was losing my father January if this year. He was diagnosed with lung and brain cancer December 22nd and died January 29th in his sleep. My father was my hero, he made me everything I am
And was a father figure to my girls. I'm still heartbroken and wading through grief but he struggled with alcohol Too and i want to make him proud.

Need to go get ready for work before I cry and ruin my makeup! Love to all
Old 09-16-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

FABL

You sweet , beautiful darling girl. Don't you ever feel shame coming back here to your friends.ever! What a hideous year you have had . Not one of us here is going to judge you , we are ALL here for you to lean on darling one.
I wish there was something I could help you with to take away some of the pain.
We both know drinking so not going to help , it just make stuff worse .
And believe me , I'm the LAST person who would judge you after just getting out of rehab.

This is a very , very hard road to travel , but I have so much faith in you. I know your Dad would hate for you to feel this way.

I can see the love you have for him in your words.

I'm sure he's your guardian angel sweetheart.
Get back to being the best Mum you can be for your kids , I'm struggling but trying too .

I have not been through the awful. Things you have though.

I'm thinking of you lovely , let's help each other , we can do this xxxxx
Old 09-16-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

FABL...keep coming back.

Look at the title of your user name! Only you can make it happen when the healing starts. I have had two releases since my stepmother died in Feb last year, but I think I'm finally getting it.

The minute you keep telling yourself it's impossble to live without alcohol, your addiction jumps right up and gives you reasons to reincforce that. We've heard all the voices too!
Old 09-16-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Do your best

FABL

I just want to give a shout out to the ladies of July I mentioned my gratitude for you ladies today the unity in this thread with you guys is really heartwarming

Old 09-16-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Wolfy It's heartwarming having you lovely guys in this group with us, I think we are a good mix.

Having a great day today , I'm gradually getting better. Dropped into Mum & dads after I droppped Holly off at work at 10 . I was gonna go back to bed to sleep cos I'm alwYs tired & I thought , no not today , I felt safe.
So had brekky & lunch with my wonderful parents who were thrilled to see me just rock up. Albei t in my JimJams .....hahaha
My sister dropped in at 3 pm and pissed herself laughing .

She said Pjs , then we all just laughed . I would live in pjs every day and night if I could lol .

Came home cos a huge thunderstorm came in from nowhere and I had the 2 boys outside , they would have panicked .

Luckily by the time I got back , it had woken Shaun & he let them in . I'm only around the corner from Mum & Dad :-)

Went and did grocery shopping on my own , walked past 3 bottle shops and didn't even have a craving . Yay !

I can feel my body healing slowly . I bought myself a huge lemon meringue pie and ate half , cos no one was home . I didn't have dinner , I thought that would suffice lol.

A nice treat for not buying the demon instead
My first big test cos Shauns at work and Hollys at her cousins for the night .

I hope everyone had a lovely day .

PETE. We want wedding pics !!!! Lol
Old 09-16-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I took a day off from work.
Terrible allergies today.
Hello FABL, glad you stopped in.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope your allergies calm down Bob

Popping in to say goodnight Julyers
Old 09-16-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Lemon meringue pie sounds like a perfectly balanced recovery meal, Snooz - some fruit and eggs, hehe.

Have you seen those Jamie Oliver ones at Woolies? Omg, they look small but I ate half of one of those and I admit, I did make myself a bit sick in the stomach. Lol.

Glad you are putting one foot in front of the other.

Yes, Pete! Wedding pics!
Old 09-16-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome Casey, crois, snooz, and sw. It kind of feels like one more tool in my toolbox to be back with you guys.

Glad you are having a good day snoozy!

Allergies are the worst. I used to have them badly until I moved to a different climate. I don't like where I live OR the warm climate, but I'm happy to have lost the allergies.

Having a quiet night at home tonight. My stepmom was here for dinner, we are very close and it's so hard for her to be alone after being married to my dad for 35 years . But we have each other

This Saturday she and I are going to the Wayne Dyer I Can Do it conference. He passed away a few weeks ago sadly, but there will be 8 speakers and lots of vendors and exhibits. I never get to do things like this and I'm so excited ! Hoping that the spiritual energy, positive vibes and lectures really boost my commitment to sobriety as well.

Tomorrow will be one week for me . It's a start

Have a great day/ night everyone !
Old 09-16-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Do your best

FABL