Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 22

Old 09-17-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Oh and I'm in ADELAIDE South Australia :-) it's 9.41 pm here , how about you . Xx
Old 09-17-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

hi Leigh.xx

Hey Snooz, just heading to bed and just wanted to say I'm glad you are hanging in there, doing well.

Ladybug....I'm a little worried about you?? Please post.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks Crois :-) You know how much that means to me ️xxx
Old 09-17-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good grief , I'm watching the biggest loser now , looks like I might be a contestant next season if I keep eating these cheesecakes lol . !!!!!

How are you Ladybug
Old 09-17-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted, but I am here. Doing ok, well, much better now. Back on Day 3 and have decided to go to an AA meeting today. There is one close by that I used to pop into and really enjoyed and it is at 2pm when my daughter is in school so I will just need to take Abby along. She's too young to know what it's all about. Anyway, I obviously need to do something else because I can't seem to make it past a week or so and I HAVE to get off of this roller coaster. I need you all too so I will be sticking close to here - I just think some face to face support might help. I feel so alone right now. No one understand this except us alcoholics

Will check back later after my meeting. Nervous to see some of the same people again, haven't been in 3 years!! Wow, is that right? Can't believe I have been struggling with this for so long now. Why can't it be as easy as just never drinking again??
Old 09-17-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, Ladybug; let us know how the meeting goes.

You can do this; you can make it Forever.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted, but I am here. Doing ok, well, much better now. Back on Day 3 and have decided to go to an AA meeting today. There is one close by that I used to pop into and really enjoyed and it is at 2pm when my daughter is in school so I will just need to take Abby along. She's too young to know what it's all about. Anyway, I obviously need to do something else because I can't seem to make it past a week or so and I HAVE to get off of this roller coaster. I need you all too so I will be sticking close to here - I just think some face to face support might help. I feel so alone right now. No one understand this except us alcoholics

Will check back later after my meeting. Nervous to see some of the same people again, haven't been in 3 years!! Wow, is that right? Can't believe I have been struggling with this for so long now. Why can't it be as easy as just never drinking again??
If it was that easy sweetheart there would be no sober recovery sites , no AA , etc etc etc I'm right here with you lovely . You and I are really struggling this time .

I'm finding the last 2 days have not been so hard for me . Honestly , the hardest bloody part is this early sobriety bit , it really is.
We need to get some good sober time under our belts , a couple of weeks at least .

I think I'm a week sober today .

Xxx right here with you hunnuybunny xxxx
Old 09-17-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your support. I am still working my program. I need to incoporate exercise and meditation everyday. I went to an AA meeting with a friend last night. It was really good. AA maybe a perfect fit with my travel schedule because there are meetings in most places all times of the day. Once i finish the Allen Carr book i am going to read the big book. I want to stay open minded. I know last year when I relapsed i wasnt all in. I was considering therapy but it might be more beneficial to get a sponsor. Drs or masters profressionals know what to say from the book. I think its more beneficial to speak to someone that has been trough the trenches.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really good idea Ladybug were with you all the way

You done great Letitgo hope you & your friend had an awesome mtn your Allen Carr book sounds good as for the big book I read another AA book before the bb called living sober I recommend this book to anyone in any form of recovery as its a fantastic book that seriously helped me
Old 09-17-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Do your best

Had a bath had my dinner I think me & Mrs sw are going to watch 'Fist of Legend' (its a remake of fist of fury but with Jet Li instead of Bruce Lee) We watched 'Fearless' a couple days ago & it was excellent

Ong Bak was pretty cool we have 'Warrior King' to watch on weekend aswell

& we have some great jacki chan movies

Speak soon guys
Old 09-17-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Ladybug, lovely to hear from you and I am thrilled you are going to go along to a meeting. It's easy to feel isolated with small children and I think you've mentioned before that lack of connection makes you feel like drinking.

I'm praying for some Angels to be there, that somehow you feel inspired to keep going and hope you get that support network you need to get you some good sober time with tools as well. Isolating and not facing up to all the shame and secrets - and the lies we tell ourselves just destroys us more and keeps us in that foul cycle, I think. Keep strong, Ladybug, and I hope the meeting goes well!xx

Snooz, I think you are right it's the early weeks that are the hardest. Week 6-8 always seems to be a turning point for me. If I drink again within that time, I get locked in a binge, once I get past that, I start to stabilise and think more clearly.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Do your best

Were watching Jackie Chan's 'Police Story' now
Old 09-17-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Julyers
Old 09-17-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Lol Wolfy , I love your running commentaries of you upcoming movies :-) I hope you and mrs SW enjoy it immensely .

Crois , yeah at 6 to 8 weeks the complacency sets in , you are right there.
I'm still feeling very strong but I know that can change in an instant .
That chat I had with my doc really made me accountable again.

I'm thinking of you Ladybug , this is so bloody hard isn't it , but I know you can do this too. We just have to be here for each other. It's quite exhausting isn't it love .

I still haven't gone to a meeting yet . I'll go next week when Holly goes to Darwin with her cousins.

One of the lovely girls I went to rehab with want to meet up , but I don't think its a good idea at all as she relapsed as soon as she got out also. I don't think its a good thing. I don't want to hurt her feelings but there's no other way than to be honest I spose.
This disease is nothing but a pain in the ******* arse.!

Why can't we just live freely like everyone else.
I know it sounds like woe is me but this day by day crap mentally just does your head in .

Why can't we just say nah that's it , I'm done .

If only it were that easy !
Old 09-17-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hey snooz maybe it's a good thing not a bad thing to meet with the detox friend? I often find it beneficial to see other alkies, even if they're suffering.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with you on this Snooz - the last thing someone else in early recovery needs is someone more wobbly than they are.

I do take your point we hav and it is good to be around other alcoholics - but for now I reckon it's best to be around alcoholics that are secure in their recovery.

Later on down the track? sure. you can be a beacon and a rock for other - but right now I'd mind your own house first Snooz?

D
Old 09-17-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi gang.
Allergies have let up and it was a good day.

I hope anybody that is struggling finds the strength to overcome.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're feeling better Bob

D
Old 09-17-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I caught your allergies, Bob. Up all night with them.

They've shifted to the other side of the planet, hehe.

Snooz. I agree, if you feel it would make you shaky, then don't. Last thing you need is to see someone as a potential drinking buddy.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I agree with the others, dear Snooz; it would likely be best to stick with sober friends and situations for now.

Goodnight, all.