Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 22

Old 09-17-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Snoozy, I asked my doctor to come off the antidepressant. It wasn't helping, and I felt foolish taking it day after day, and being almost moribund with depression. I didn't have to taper it, but I am having painful withdrawal/stopping effects. Dizzy, spiny, foggy headed, terrible tension and pain across my neck and shoulder girdle. I'm going to try massage therapy. I do try be conscious of my posture and keep relaxing my shoulders. I didn't cry today!
It was a horrible drive into the city, terrible traffic, but I made it, and the acting class was good. I connected with a friend I've made through the acting studio. She couldn't visit after the class, but we may next week.
Ladybug, thinking of you. We are alcoholics. I guess if we just stopped and never again thought of drinking, or never had cravings, we wouldn't be alcoholic.
I was listening to the radio on a horrible drive home, I was tense ++ ,and there was something about our liquor stores introducing sampler craft beers in a honeypot glass or something, and suddenly I had cravings, and I don't really even like beer!
We have to be vigilant at all times. Accept. It just is.
I'm glad to be home reading SR in my quiet house.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're home too Leshar - I hate traffic as well.

D
Old 09-17-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I went to the meeting and it was good. Met 3 woman who were very sweet and welcoming. The men were as well. The topic today was relapse and since I have been the queen of relapse I should have shared, but Abby got feisty and I had to take her in the back of the room and walk around. It still felt comforting to be there and hear other people's thoughts and struggles. I think combining meetings with SR might just be what I need? I feel calmer and stronger tonight than I have in awhile.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think using everything you can is a great idea ladybug

D
Old 09-17-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Oops, sorry, I hit send before I was done. Just wanted to add that the common message from the people who shared at the meeting was that this disease will kill you if you don't get out of it's hold. One of the women told me she has a 7 yr old that she had to be away from for 3 months while she went to rehab. I don't want that to be me. I and giving this all that I have. Thank you all for being here. Love you all. Going to bed tonight sober and optimistic
Old 09-17-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!
'Night, Ladybug.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:14 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi ladybug...I'm so glad you went!

My Mum had a few rehab stints, they were always long ones. Having others to support you in the AA group, is great!

Leshar...whatever you think is best, sending you good thoughts, as always.

Bob, I still have your allergies - you are more than welcome to take them back now!
Old 09-18-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
LDT

Briefly jumping on here Snoozy...

I'm going to agree with wehav. She makes a very good point. Minding your own house , as Dee offered, is indeed good advice...... But sometimes we need 'housekeepers' to help us. Being around other alcoholics, whether active in their addiction, or solid in their recovery, would be ( IMHO ) enormously beneficial to you right now. As alcoholics, we can find all kinds of reasons not to seek the help we so desperately need. Maybe try to hit a meeting this week or weekend?

Hope you and all good people on this awesome thread are well.

My 2 cents... And I'm off.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

To those who may be interested. Keith Richards: Under the influence. Just released doc available on Netflix. I'm a fan. He was in Toronto yesterday for the airing of the doc at the Toronto International Film Festival. Missed him, though!
Mornings are bad, feel alone and sad. Less weepy. Can't seem to get stuff done. I'll try to chip away at little things. It's my perfectionism plaguing me, I worry about everything. I have to cope with the loneliness, missing Larry, he was my rock.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Julyers
Old 09-18-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I was in traffic yesterday--on a crowded interstate--and I got into yet another accident. I think it was the other guy's fault--he crashed into me--but when I'm involved things never seem to be that cut and dried.

I've got a terrible driving record, and that doesn't even count the thousands of near-misses I've had.

I was just coming off a terrific meet-up lunch with a friend from SR, then WHAM! I was beyond bummed last night and still am. It's the most tempted I've ever been since I sobered up. (Of course I would not actually go through with it--largely because I wouldn't trust myself to drive back out to the liquor store!--and fortunately the temptation has passed) But I honestly never want to get behind the wheel again.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I was in traffic yesterday--on a crowded interstate--and I got into yet another accident. I think it was the other guy's fault--he crashed into me--but when I'm involved things never seem to be that cut and dried.

I've got a terrible driving record, and that doesn't even count the thousands of near-misses I've had.

I was just coming off a terrific meet-up lunch with a friend from SR, then WHAM! I was beyond bummed last night and still am. I honestly never want to get behind the wheel again.
Gilmer, I am so sorry but I am thankful that you are okay.

Those crowded interstates are totally nerve-racking.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I was all la-de-da till I crashed!
Old 09-18-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. The afternoon news from Baltimore said that there was a pile-up on their beltway yesterday. I think that their beltway is 695.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you're OK, Gilmer.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks, Casey!

I was on 695, Leigh--I ate lunch with my friend south of Baltimore; but I went back down 95 and crashed on Washington's beltway, 495. It was still in Maryland, though!
Old 09-18-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm just glad your OK Gilmer sending a thousand hugs
Old 09-18-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks, SW. I gave the recorded statement to my insurance company; now I'm carrying my cell phone around waiting for the other guy's insurance company to call and grill me. I will be so relieved if it turns out not to be my fault. Somehow, though, I bet I did do something wrong somewhere. I'm paralyzed by dread.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Did anyone receive a citation?
Old 09-18-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

No. We didn't call the cops.