Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 43

Old 09-23-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yes, Marcher, it has been toasty here. Almost 90F today. You're approaching sphinx status with you patience and resolve.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Well, they begged and pleaded with me to work Saturday this weekend, we do have a small kids party, so, I told them I would do it. They will have to pay me overtime for it! That'll be the first time in 13 years I will get paid for OT.

I had to train my boss for a few hours today, he finally realized that even the easiest things here are not as easy as he thought.

Starting to go around and say my goodbyes to people around here.

Of course as all things go, my phone is starting to act up. As soon as it rings it will lose communication with the SIM card and drop the call, it has taken me up to 3 hours to get it working again. The company I have doesn't have any retail stores here, so they are sending me a new SIM card, if that doesn't work I will need to buy a new phone.

Fortunately, once I get it back working I can still text, just cant call or recieve calls.

Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 09-24-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Frustrating at a time you want to be able to make calls Budd. All I know about technology is that kicking it sometimes does work! Lol

Hugs all xx
Old 09-24-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Ken you are too kind to those people, I hope they pay you well.

Dear peeps: good news. The lump is a "cystic mass" which will need attention but is nothing sinister. These sorts of "cystic mass"(es) occur in women of all ages, they can be small or large sacs of fluid. The cyst material will be analysed upon removal and I have no idea when that will be.

All along I expected this result, it wasn't head-in-the-sand stuff, I just am so much more in tune with my health these days.

Thank you all for being concerned for me.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad for that news Marcher

D
Old 09-24-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Dee, thank you. I've always appreciated your wonderful support, never more so than during these last six or eight weeks when things were particularly testing.

(Even more testing than wondering if Trachy's beanie will fit!)

Night night.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

(((Marcher)))! So happy to hear the result. Those cystic masses are common. You have had a rough stretch here and I hope life will be easier for awhile!
Old 09-24-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Hi, Marchers!

Has anyone heard from Gilmer?????
Old 09-24-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

(((Marcher)))

Heading back in the boundary waters for a bit -big northern love to all!
Old 09-24-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

SL, I think Gilmer has been rather busy with family :-)
Old 09-24-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Great news Marcher!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good news, Marcher!!!

Take care, everyone.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Great news, Marcher !
Old 09-24-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Woooohoooo marcher!! That's great news, thank you for making my day.

Budd, you are awesome. They will sooooo miss you, and it is sooooo not your problem! You are being your stand up self right until the end, which is probably tough. But taking the high road is what you are all about.

Sassy, how's life? Hope you get some sleep tonight

Joygirl, good to see you!

Hi toots!!

Well there might be light at the end of the tunnel for my funk. I'm just chugging along and riding it out. I haven't seen c, I've mostly been at the city apartment. But our housemate has talked to him. C is still drinking, but apparently is more calm and reasonable . Apparently he was stunned by how much I care about him. I can only hope this translates to him caring about himself.

We are in limbo on the house thing, so were hoping for the best and keeping the house show ready. I'd like to live with my wife soon...

Oh a fun thing: j has a program coming up that I'm volunteering for. It's a living history/dark side of Ohio kind of thing. She's gonna e a medicine show/snake oil salesman. After work today, I'm going up for the dry run of the program. It's gonna be cool!
Old 09-24-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
SL, I think Gilmer has been rather busy with family :-)
Thanks so much, Saskia. I was starting to get worried after the car accident thing.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Hi sl!!

I hope gilmer is just busy with family stuff. Gilllllmmmeerrrrrr?
Old 09-24-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a grey old Paradise. Even though North would laugh at what I consider cold I have a sense of what he experiences at the end of winter waiting, waiting, waiting for the spring to come.

We that program J's got coming up sounds like fun, keep us posted on developments won't you?

Trachy your ears are now covered, I could send you the beanie now as it is, you could wear a groovy John McEnroe-style headband or how about I keep going and knit the whole thing?

Have a good day peeps.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Oh marcher I feel ya, that's what March is like here. Ohhh I've got a Southern Hemisphere question for ya tonight! Our weather (wind, storms) comes from the west. Does yours come from the east?
Old 09-25-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Leigh I thought she was cutting back on SR for more time for family and classes

Marcher that's the best news, I know that isn't the end of it, but at least it's not what it might have been. Let's hope fortunes have turned a corner for you and yours xx
Old 09-25-2015, 01:20 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Oh marcher I feel ya, that's what March is like here. Ohhh I've got a Southern Hemisphere question for ya tonight! Our weather (wind, storms) comes from the west. Does yours come from the east?
Oh We, I could bore for Australia on weather and climate being an old geography schoolmarm!

The simple answer to your question is that our weather patterns move from west to east the same as yours but that's got nothing to do with our hemispheres it's because we both happen to live in the temperate latitudes.

In equatorial regions the hot air expands, rises and moves north/south according to hemisphere. When the air reaches -- roughly -- the Tropic of Cancer/Capricorn, it cools, sinks and heads south/north. The Coriolis effect deflects the air to the west so that the prevailing (trade) winds in these latitudes are from the north-east.

Frigid polar air contracts sinks and moves south/north which creates the polar easterlies.

In the middle (temperate) latitudes we are affected by the oncoming polar and equatorial air which moves towards us, the Coriolis effect deflects the air to the right (east) meaning air in our latitudes (generally) moves west to east.

Ken and Toots probably have more weather patterns than us which are not just west to east.

I love weather.