Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 43

Old 09-16-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

(((((Marcher))))) we'll be right here.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry I forgot to mention yr mammogram Marcher - there was some wild weather here earlier.

As I said before, I'm trusting and praying for a good result

D
Old 09-16-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

I am praying for a good, negative result on your biopsy, Marcher.

Toots, I hope the process with your tooth is relatively quick. It is really hard to chew when molars are missing!

We, I will pray for C, and Marcher, I will pray for your friend's husband.

Budd, I am very pleased that the Special Olympics honored you for your selfless service over the years. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more!

Tomorrow I meet Sass for lunch! Then she takes off back to Maine!
Old 09-16-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Marcher, so sorry about your friend's husband. I'm sending prayers for him and more prayers for you for a good result on your mammogram!

Gilmer, i arrived in Maryland yesterday afternoon. I passed through the town where we are meeting and it's only about 1/2 hour from here - at most. See you tomorrow :-). I can't wait!
Old 09-16-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Marcher -- praying here too for a healthy mammogram result!
Old 09-16-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a very sunny Paradise. This will mean nothing to any of you except Dee but I'm so excited: the NBN guys are in the house in the process of connecting us up! Not the street roll out, the connection! For the rest of you: this is high speed broadband being connected.

How exciting that today is the day that Gilmer and Sass meet! I am excited for you and I know its going to be wonderful. Please give each other a big hug from me.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Hi Marcher, thanks - I'm very excited, too! Will do :-)
Old 09-16-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great day Sas and Gilmer

Congrats on the NBN Marcher

D
Old 09-16-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Marcher - only hoping for good news regarding your health!

Toots, sorry about your tootsh...

Ken, what a well-deserved honor for your work with the Special Olympics

Sass and Gilmer, do be kind when you talk about us.

We, I have 1 more trip to the BWCA this fall with my husband to celebrate our 25th

Big love to Trach, Duff, Dee, DD and all Marchers! (Anyone heard from Shoes or Mick?)
Old 09-16-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey North! Good to shee you! Hubby has been lishp texting me shince I did my tooth! ( shwine that he ish!)
25 anniversary ? Wow you guys must be doing something right! So what.. Do you now get 2 anniversaries? Hubby & I celebrate our first date anniversary and ( if we remember..oops!) our wedding anniversary, 7 years apart.
Gilmer I managed to get the tooth build up, I have some sensitivity still so I need to keep a check on it, in case there is a hole, otherwise it's fine. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I lost the sane tooth on the other side so do most of my chewing on that remaining tooth.

Enough of me! How about your meet up today!!! I feel like I know you so well from our personal contacts and of course Sass and I had a wonderful day together so I am sure you guys will enjoy your day.

Marcher, I wasn't sure when your mam. was, so thanks for reminding. I hope all goes well and the results are good.
How is your friends husband? Let's hope this has shocked him into seeking help and getting his life in order. How do you feel she will manage through this?

We how is C doing?

Duff how is your wee dog, fully recovered? What is the situation now with the neighbours hellhounds?

Oneday? How is Barkley and Seraph? How are you doing?

Mesoso are you still keeping an occasional look in?

I haven't heard from Mick but see the occasional post from Shoes on FB.

Hugs all x
Old 09-17-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Gilmer and I had a delightful time and nice lunch. I strongly suspect that I'd like each and every Marcher I have the good fortune to meet.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

I've been waiting to hear how it went! So glad you had a nice time. I know I would like each of you in person too.

Toots, westie girl is doing so much better. She's still hesitant but is able to go up the stairs on her own so I'm thinking she's on the mend. We just delivered the vet bill to the terrible neighbors so we'll see how they respond.

So glad you see signs of Shoes on fb. I've been so worried but good to know she's ok, she is, isn't she??

Good to see you, North!

Marcher, I hope you're enjoying your new broadband!
Old 09-17-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Oh Sass I am so pleased! I think you are right about what it would be like to meet Marchers. Tell me, should our ears be burning?

North it's great to see you! Congrats to you and DH on the 25th, what a wonderful achievement.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Sasssss, gilmerrrrrr, glad you had a blast!! Not surprised at all, but glad!

I've never met a marcher but I have met a Mayan.

North, soooo jealous you are going back with out me! I mean why would you want to be alone with your hubby on your silver anniversary??? Congrats!!

Toots, sorry about your toooph! I can't believe your hushhband would tease you like that. hope you feel better quick!

We had a big event for work that the professional organization I lead puts on. It went really well, thank goodness! Lots of happy participants. Looks like I'm not ousted from my post just yet .

I did get a c update today, and it's not good. Turns out when he went to the hospital last week they tried to keep him for detox and he refused. And he had in fact had a seizure. And he is in fact experiencing those symptoms you get with end stage alcoholism. His mother is building a case to have him declared incompetent, so she can force a 72 hour hold and rehab. In the meantime, she's so scared of him dying from withdrawal she's giving him a small amount of beer money. He tried to hang himself last week I found out.

So yeah, prayers prayers and more prayers. This is hard to watch, I can only imagine what his mother is going through. I'm still praying for his safety. But now I'm bending the advice from aa lady a little and praying he's declared incompetent and carted off to long term residential care.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Oh We, my heart goes out to C and him mom what an aweful thing to go through for both of them. I have a young Undie friend who some of you know too BF, she lost a friend last year through drink who was also only young. Death through addiction is always tragic, but for C to try to take his own life makes me feel he has demons he is struggling to contain. I too feel the best case scenario would be admittance to detox and a hearty dose of psychiatric care. He may well have comorbidity issues from the sounds of it.

Marcher how did it go yesterday? Could the give any indication or do you need to wait on the doctors feedback? At least you don't have long to wait. I was thinking of you.

Sass, Gilmer so happy you had a good time. I feel that because we cannot hide ourselves from each other, we know our true natures pretty well here, so I feel we are all intimately acquainted before we ever see a face. The friends I have met through SR have all felt like old friends at the first f2f.
Sass I hope the rest of your trip goes as well, enjoy it. X

Hugs Marchers . X
Old 09-18-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Nope, Marcher - no burning ears, lol. Have you gotten results? I recall it was supposed to be today or Monday?

Toots, perfect description of why Marcher f2f get-together go so well!

WeHav, I'm so sorry to hear the latest news about C. It seems even more heart-breaking (if that's possible) when we know it's possible to conquer this insidious disease. It does sound like C has additional challenges. Sending hugs and prayers!

Duff, I hope your neighbors do the right thing with your vet bill. That doesn't compensate you for the worry or westie girl for the pain and suffering but it would at least be an acknowledgment.

I'm back home and starting to settle back in. Last night sassy-kitty howled at me for about 10 minutes straight to show her unhappiness. Then she curled up on my lap
Old 09-18-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Hi, everybody!

I met Sass for a giant crabcake lunch yesterday (that's what Maryland is famous for). We had a great conversation! She is just as much of a joy in real life as she is online.

In keeping with the Marcher spirit, I took a selfie of us (from the most flattering possible angle!):

Who doesn't love a good nostril shot?
Old 09-18-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

And Gilmer is the same great person as she is here in the Marcher's!
Old 09-18-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Old 09-18-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Gil and Sass, glad you had a great visit, it's been a real honor to be able to meet a few Marchers!

Speaking of meet-ups.........Joy, where are you hiding?

The higher ups have finally spoken up about my leaving, they seem to understand my position, (of course, they blame each other for not listening to me when I asked for help).

They do however, completely undrestimate the skills needed to keep 50 year old bowling machines running. The current plan is to bring in a general maintenance man, and I can train him in 2 days, good luck with that!

Packing is moving along, 3 days of rain kind of slowed things up, thats why I started early.

Buddtruck is getting new tires before I go, I traded my tv for them.

I did make 1 mistake with my timing, I wont get my vacation pay until after I am in Tennessee for a week, so I'll be pulling into town on fumes. Yesterday should have been my last day, oh well, I'll survive.

Hope everyone is doing well!