Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 43

Old 08-31-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

NORTH! It is so good to see you!
Old 09-01-2015, 01:17 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey Nirth! Was just thinking about you the other day. Glad you have been having a good time.

Budd, that looks horrific, was that devastation really just the one property? My goodness, I hope you get some government assistance down there. Perhaps we could organise a charity single? X

Marcher, it is beautiful here. Food wise, the resort we are at seems to mostly have pizza pasta & seafood, not really much in the way of fresh veggies. Tomorrow we go on a trip to Cinque Terre, five towns . I will report back. So far much lazing in the sun and shade, some swimming on the sea and a couple of morning runs
Old 09-01-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hi North! We've missed you!!

Toots, how did it go the next day with Mr. Toots?? You know that I don't like when my hubby over-indulges at all - was he properly contrite? I know it's not the end of the world when normies over do it here & there, but it always bothers me.

I'm with Marcher, I can't imagine a better time of year to be in Tuscany. So jealous! That's a luxury that we don't have here in the States - it's such an ordeal to plan a trip to Europe. For you it's a mere train ride away! Can't wait to hear more about your journey.

Gilmer, good job managing the grocery store with a child! I try to avoid that at all costs. How did dinner turn out?? Enjoy your days at home.

Sass, how's the sleeping going? And everything else?

Haha Budd -- that's hysterical. How will we manage?? Of course there are 4 new storms brewing out in the Atlantic - hoping they all fizzle like Erika.

We, hope you're having fun in ENGLAND!

Off to start the day here! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

North! Great to see you :-)

Toots, I've never been to Tuscany but wish I were there.

Budd and Duff, I'm keeping fingers crossed for a very light hurricane season.

Have a lovely day.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning Marchers!
Toots- so envious of you in Tuscany at the beach! You know the beach and I have a torrid love affair going and I'm currently an hour away and missing it.�� please tell us more!
Duff- I'm with you and the grocery store. I used to go at night after the boys were in bed. That was my "alone time". Pathetic really...
North- hello you! ��
And hello to everyone else! Have a great TuesWednesday!
Much love!!!
Old 09-01-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

North
Old 09-01-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Great to see you North, glad you are enjoying your summer!
Old 09-01-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from an undecided Paradise, I'm taking a bet that it will be fine so I've hung out the washing, I hope I'm right.

North it's great to see you! You told us you'd be scarce over the summer so I hope you've got a good dose of Vitamin D to set you up for the colder months. I was thinking of you on the weekend so I felt like it was karma that got you here.

I was thinking of all of you while I ate breakfast this morning. There was an American guy on the radio who's out here for The Festival of Dangerous Ideas, his proposal is that addiction is not a disease and should not be treated as diseases are, he was very interesting. When a transcript of his talk comes online I'll put a link up for those of you who might like to read it.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Hey North and Joy - good to see you guys!

I signed the lease to the new apartment with my girlfriend. Dropped off the check for the first two months today. So I'll be moving in late Nov/early Dec. My girlfriend and I have had lot of discussions and made a lot of compromises over the last week or so. Good progress.

I also told my mom that I'm moving in with my gf. She took it well because she loves my gf. My 95 year old grandmother is in town and we all had dinner last night. She managed not to say anything racist (my gf is black) so that's a plus.

Add me to the no sleep club. Usually, I get like 5-6 hours a night, which is fine for me. It's not because of insomnia. Once my head hits the pillow, I'm out. It's more due to work or in some cases, I'd rather stay up and do something else besides sleep. I've always been a night owl, so going to bed at 1am is normal for me.

But these past few nights, I've been up until like 3-4am for work. I was a zombie today. Came home at 6pm and just passed out until 9:30. I still have work to do. Debating if I should just eat a quick dinner now and then go back to sleep until like 3-4am and just do my work in the early morning. It's not usually like this. My work ebbs and flows, and right now, it's hitting hard. I've had two huge M&A deals go down this week. I'm behind on the yearly publication that I edit for the firm. I also have multiple affordable care act projects I need to get done this week.

I'm not anxious. Just tired. I'm a huge fan of naps. I take sleep when I can get it. And one of these days I swear I will get a normal 9-5 job. But for now, I do like my job. I like not knowing what I'll be doing next week, let alone next month. I like doing different stuff every day. I get bored quickly with monotony. But I could eventually see myself going in-house somewhere. Maybe the head of HR or compensation/benefits for a medium-sized company.

So this week sucks, but next week should be better (famous last words lol). I did manage to get out of having to fly to San Francisco every week for the next month. Someone else wanted to do it, so I was A-OK with that.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcome back after my summer spent (mostly) in the wilds of Minnesota. There is nothing like northern pines and beautiful motor-free lakes to rejuvenate me. still catching up on your posts and sending big northern love your way!
Old 09-02-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Or should we call ourselves "The Marching Insomniacs"? "The Marching Zombies"? I actually managed 6 hours last night in a single stretch! Woohoo

DD, North and Joy, always good to have you pop in.

Have a lovely day to all.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

You too, Sass! for you, too!
Old 09-02-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Thanks, Gilmer - and for all Marchers I'd say the following -

Old 09-02-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey, you cute little Marchers!
DD- congrats on your apartment! You've got a crazy schedule, but I get it. Do what you love.
Sassy- so glad to hear you got some sleep!
Gilmer- How is your day going?
I need part of that big group hug. I'm feeling sadness l could liken to grief, over my son being so far away at school. The closest family he has is my aunt and uncle in Green Bay, WI. And that's not so close.
Anyway, I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
Old 09-02-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Fear the Marching Dead
Old 09-02-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Marcher

Haaaaa, Traychemys! Just, haaaaaa!
Old 09-02-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Joy

I'm sure your son will soon find some nice friends to hang out with while he's missing home.

I studied for most of the morning, then took a big nap in the afternoon.

Right now I'm taking a break from practicing my guitar, which I hadn't picked up in a year since yesterday. I have to play and lead two songs at a ladies' retreat on Sept. 12.

When I say "playing the guitar," I don't want anybody to get the wrong impression. I really suck! I'm as elementary as can be. It will be a rude accompaniment, but at least it will be an accompaniment!

I have done well so far--I think I'll do OK. I am memorizing the songs and getting my chords nice and crisp. Today I consistently hit my bete noire chord (B7) without having to stop and look at my fingers.

Speaking of my fingers, they really hurt today!
Old 09-02-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Quick check in to say all ok. Long day today with little sleep the last 2 nights, so feeling weary. Off to bye byes x
Old 09-02-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Sleep tight, Toots!
Old 09-02-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

North, I'm so jealous I LOVE the BWCA!! Only been once, for two weeks and it was life changing awesome. Wow good for you man!

Sassy, I hope you get better sleep soon!

Dd, taking the leap with the gf, good for you! Yeah when you take a big step, it takes a bit of compromise. But it's worth it. J and I had to both shed some skins (like snakes, it's become our analogy) before getting married. It's good to change and grow, isn't it? I keep thinking this recovery thing is forcing me to be a grownup!

England is awesome!! There's a small amount of family drama, but the trip is amazing. We've been all over the place, it's been really cool. Some really good hiking, some fun with family and friends. J's mum has really accepted me as her daughter in law, which is wonderful.

Hope you guys have a good one!