Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 43

Old 09-20-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Marcher, that does cheer me up a bit, thanks!! I'm gonna share it with j if that's ok, you should have seen the look on her face when she heard you knitted me a beanie. She thought I was the luckiest girl in the world. Thank you so much!

Trachy, good luck on the job/house search. I love my tiny apartment. It was cheap and small and totally fit my needs. It feels good to downsize.

J and I are both a bit exhausted today. Mentally, emotionally, physically. We went for a six mile paddle to de-stress and clear our heads a bit. That helped.

I can honestly say I gave c my all last night. J did too. It sounds kind of weird to say, but we are trying to move forward with a clear conscience. Did our best, now get on with our lives.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:51 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You did do your best, We.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:00 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Great to see you DD and to catch up on your news, sounds like you are chasing yourself around the airport!
So, El Papa is coming for a Cheesesteak huh? I don't blame you for headin for the hills til it all blows over!

We, got ta love that papal tat! As for C, it is a really hard fact of life to recognise that we can't help everyone,, or even just those we care about. We have this emotion, compassion, that finds it so difficult to let go before the final curtain, in case we can change the ending of the play.
I believe that you have done all you can, it's not that you are washing your hands of him. It's that he is turning his back on the only thing you can safely offer. Be at peace with your decision whatever the outcome. And enjoy your timeshare beanie!

Sass, Gilmer, the tooth is getting better, the dentist went over it again ( I am a total wimp and needed another needle ( oddly, the needle doesn't bother me!) but it seems to be beginning to settle down, it is a lot less bother today.

I got a message back from Shoes, she is doing fine, still sober but working hard as she is now 2ic ( second in command) so has a lot on her plate. She sends love and hugs to everyone and may swing by at some point.

Marcher, I have everything crossed for your results love. X

Laters x
Old 09-21-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Marcher, thinking of you and sending prayers!
Old 09-21-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a very grey Paradise. Well the results are back and I need to go for further tests this week. A call back is not necessarily a bad sign, it simply means that there is something abnormal compared with my last mammogram which could be any of a range of things. I still refuse to get myself in a panic which continues to surprise me, in my drinking days I had a very short fuse for anything remotely stressful.

Sass it must be getting very pretty in your part of the world, you are far enough north to get all the changing leaves aren't you?

Toots thanks for that message from Shoes, I am thrilled to hear that she is doing well.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad your Drs are being thorough Marcher

best wishes for the results

D
Old 09-21-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Good morning Marchers from a very grey Paradise. Well the results are back and I need to go for further tests this week. A call back is not necessarily a bad sign, it simply means that there is something abnormal compared with my last mammogram which could be any of a range of things. I still refuse to get myself in a panic which continues to surprise me, in my drinking days I had a very short fuse for anything remotely stressful.
I'm glad you aren't panicking. You must have your towel! You know we're here.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

((((Marcher))))) still sending good thoughts! Way to handle it, you're amazing.

Hola, Trachy!

Toots that's great you said hi to shoes, I almost sent her a fb message just last night. Glad you actually did it.

Man I'm sorry to be such a Debbie downer lately. I feel sooooo drained . Mentally, emotionally, physically spent. J said she felt that way yesterday, and I realized she was dead on. Between fall (gets me down), moms anniversary and especially c, this is like the perfect storm of emotional turmoil right now. It really hot last night when I went to bed. I just lost it. I felt bad for mom,c, I felt bad for j. J isn't alcoholic, she shouldn't have to deal with this. I felt bad because when I was trying to help c, I pulled out all of the stops. I let the beast out, let the darkness run free. I had to to be able to understand. J saw more than a person should when I drank, I try to protect her from the darkness if fought so hard against in recovery.

The silver lining is she didn't get hurt. She said she understood why I did it, that it was my best shot at helping him. She said she wanted to see that, so she could understand my recovery. I think she understands now why I treat my sobriety like such a precious gift.

Today though, I had recovery fatigue. I didn't want to think about recovery, I didn't want to talk to anyone, I didn't want to deal with it. I'm spent. So I went to an aa meeting. it did help. I shared a little, and an old timer shared later that trying to help another like that really does suck you dry. It was good to know I'm not just a huge wimp.

Sorry if this post is all over, it's another wehav stream of consciousness special. I think this is the first time I've really been emotionally tested this sober period. I still see booze as the poison that it is, so far so good.

Thanks guys
Old 09-21-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

We, I imagine you would be dead tired after what you've been dealing with. As the old timer says trying to help another will suck you dry. I think when dealing with helping others, we still must try to remember how we were before we got where we are today. That doesn't mean you should wear yourself ragged, help when you can, but take care of you and yours first.

Marcher, still sending positive thoughts your way.

Toots, hope the tooth is better, I get to go to the dentist tomorrow.

Packing is coming along, I have found that taking a lot of stuff, useless to me , or even semi-useless to anybody out to the curb really makes it easier. The pickers will take anything!!!!

I guess the boss' plan is for him to actually work here until they find a replacement, I get to train him Wednesday. I'm gonna make sure he gets FILTHY. (he's partial to white shirts) Maybe that will get them to find someone quickly.

Last week I emailed the Unknown Wherabouted Estranged Mrs Budd about the ridiculous cost of continuing insurance and that she should find her own policy.

I heard back from her today, she will soon be the Former Mrs Budd, I guess after 10 years apart it's time to legally split up. She's not mad, it just makes sense for us to divorce.

It seems the bowling center is taking its last shots at me, as since Friday I've had to deal with more unreasonable people and weird things than normal.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Marcher, yes, I've had callbacks after mammograms for more testing. Never got to the biopsy stage but I know lots of people who had negative biopsies. One of the biggest downsides to mammograms is the large number of false positives. Sending prayers that yours will be false positive, too!

Trachy, good to hear from you!

WeHav, I agree that it's important to protect your feelings and sobriety but can understand why you so much wanted to help c. I hope you can take some time for yourself to nourish your soul.

Budd, happy to hear you are moving along with your plans. I hope your last days at the bowling center aren't too crazy.

Toots, are you all recovered from your lovely vacation?

Happy Tuesday.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:36 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Clean breaks and new beginnings all round eh Budd? Sounds me you are on top of everything. I know you now have 2.5 solid years behind you, but even really positive events can give AV an opportunity to try and get in; have you any plans in place just in case? Keep us close by for starters, I do love a road trip! (Shotgun!)

We, no wonder you had a mini-meltdown with all the emotional turmoil you have been through, and, after that it's no wonder you want to switch off and recover. It takes a lot of energy out of you even though it is cathartic. It may have been good for J to see you fall apart like that, it may help her to understand what you go through with her when she has her down periods. It also sounds like something positive came out of it for her, to have a deeper understanding of the road alcoholism travels and why you wanted to get off that road when you did rather than follow it and end up with the problems that C has.

Marcher you are stoic in the face of adversity as ever, and as you say no point worrying unless or until you have something concrete to worry about.

Sass how's the sleeping? I got a solid 8 hours last night! I do tend to sleep deeper when the nights get longer.

Gilmer, JG, North, Duff, Oneday, Mesoso, and everyone else who knows me !
Old 09-22-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

I failed to mention that my soon to be roommate doesn't drink and has 2 alcoholic sisters. I know one of them, at one time she collected over 20 first day chips in one month.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Toots, sleep - ha! I never know. Some days now I get a solid 7-8 hours and others like last night a paltry 2-4. No logical reason. Probably just getting old
Old 09-22-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

I just saw the job posting for the manager position, the new person gets a starting salary higher than my current one.

They are hiring 2 people to replace me and paying them combined at least 80% more than I made. I really feel like calling in sick the last 2 days.

Plus, my vacation pay wont be paid out until early to mid November, I guess the government needs a short term loan.......
I cant get out of here fast enough!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Budd, that's a bummer!

When I left my very first job, my boss took me aside before my replacement started. He explained that the new hire would be making about 1 1/2 times what I was making because they realized that I did way more than what they expected and they wanted the new person to be able to do the same. He presented it as a (back-handed) compliment. I had mixed feelings.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Budd - you too Saskia - that really blows.
Makes me think this move is the right idea, Budd.

D
Old 09-22-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey everybody! Its been several days, so I did just finished reading back to catch up. So much going on! Please know that I'm thinking of all of you with love and prayers. Nothing new with me.
Big hugs all around!
Old 09-23-2015, 12:40 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Budd that stinks, but if it shows one thing - you made the right decision to go. They never did or would appreciate you enough to pay you what you were worth, would you want to continue working somewhere that didn't respect you? At least you know they are going to be reallllllly out of pocket with you leaving!

Sass yeah sleep wise I'm the same a solid 8 hours mon night last night 4.

Off to work. Hi ho!
Old 09-23-2015, 01:08 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 09-23-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a chilly paradise, we seem to have gone back to winter temperatures for the time being so I hope that means that you are getting the warm ones in the northern hemisphere. I went back for the second tests yesterday and will now have a similar wait to last time, it's also been explained to me what will happen next if they wish to test further so I fully understand that what is there may well have a range of causes.

Sass thanks for mentioning that you had a call back one time, that's very encouraging.

Ken I do not understand the bowling company at all, but these sorts of circumstances abound though it doesn't make it any easier for you.

Trachy I'm about up to the top of your ears with your beanie, I took it with me yesterday to while away the wait. A woman asked me who it was for and I told her it was for my southern American gentleman friend.

Have a good day all.