Notices

One Year & Over Part 28

Old 08-19-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Do your best

Drenched in sweat it was a hot morning first thing but it turned overcast later Thanks Itch that means a lot I love your posts

Thanks Mags honestly tho it was our jack my rottweiler couldn't handle garlic and I forgot there is garlic in mortadella

I'm up past my bedtime but am going bed now goodnight Overs
Old 08-19-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Re-Member

OK,
Big bomb got dropped on us this evening around a n hour ago. A truck pulled up in the rain and a guy got out and asked me if I was the owner. He identified himself as the Parish Inspector and informed me my contractor I hired to do the part they wouldn't reported the primary electrical contractor. My guy told the inspectors that the main electrician had our main electric coming in only six to 12 inches under the ground. I am no electrician but apparently my guy turned them in because it could be dangerous as they lines are supposed to be 24" deep. But worse, when the inspector went to check the permit and it turns out no one pulled a permit for anything but the road transport permit! They have been building my house and foundation and laying in electric and sewer illegally, no permits and no inspections!

It was too late for him to reach the folks doing this but tomorrow all heck is likely to break loose. To tell the truth I am stressed to the max but ewe will see what comes of this. I just wish I had gotten a heads up that they were going to do that rather than get blindsided by an inspector and the info that no permits were pulled. I am mortified. I have visions of lawsuits and hassles. I don't want hassles just our house finished. <sigh> Tonight was the first time since my first months sober that I thought of how a stiff drink would be nice but also that one would never be enough and that I have handled more than this since getting sober when my younger brother died suddenly of a massive MI.

I don't know anything except I am angry and feel betrayed. That on top of the flash flooding around our area. Oh well. I set it up so they have not gotten a penny yet, none due until completed, inspected, accepted. The risk is on them. They'd better make good on their screw up. No poor me. Just a very frustrated and determined to get to the bottom of this tomorrow guy. I'm seeing an attorney first thing.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Magsie

Itchy, blummin contractors!!!! Why is there such incompetents?

Go get em, itchy. Don't take any prisoners.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can sort it all out Itch. Sorry for all the hassles, man.

D
Old 08-19-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Mags,
I will.

Dee,
Thanks. I hope I can get it all sorted out too.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Oh no Itch! I hope this resolves quickly and completely. That is infuriating.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

((((Itch))))

I'm so glad you didn't drink!
Old 08-20-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sorry you are going through all the stress itchy, it is really unjust for you. All you can do is work with the inspectors to get things right and keep going forward
If the inspector is a decent guy he will aid rather than aggravate the situation.

FBL some good advice there from everyone. Perhaps your brother can organise a rota of folk from your moms church to pick her up so he only has to get her there once a month or so. The electronic photo frame is a great idea as it is also a good way of keeping the memories. A flood in your bro's basement could destroy everything. You could maybe offer to collect them and upload them?
Do you thing your dads birthday anniversary was maybe on your moms mind making her nostalgic? Perhaps she is frightened of forgetting if she doesn't have the photos to remind her.

IP how's our newspaper Magnate doing??

Wolfie I had a Jack Russell I trained her to shut the door as she & the cat would chase each other around the house ( he was bigger than her!) I was told they had a large adrenal gland for their size which explained their hyperactivity

Mags cheeky?? I can't believe it!

Dee cheeky?? Oh for sure!!
Old 08-20-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Do your best

Itch remember that job I said I had at the Olympics that was breaking ground and digging dirt by hand and shovel because of deep buried electrical lines no machines could be involved because of the serious high voltage supplied to the Olympic park

Anyway Itch I don't know the rules in America but in my book even if it is your land its the contractors responsibilities to get such permits that shouldn't fall on you one bit

Admitted electrical lines have to be buried deep and there should also be planted warnings letting you know when your close as not to dig to hard at that point

Itch I don't know the rules but I'd speak to a decent electrician from your parts and ask what's what as this isn't your fault you paid a contractor and in my book they are the guilty party not you

In this together Itchy you have been there for me more times than I can count if I can help in any way or anything just say I'm there

Sorry Itch
Old 08-20-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

holy crap itch, what a mess!
Old 08-20-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Itch, so sorry to hear of your troubles. I would think the contractors would be at fault, but probably a smart thing to consult an attorney. Best of luck, my friend.

The cold front finally moved through late yesterday. I had to actually get up in the middle of the night to close my windows as it was too cold! I'm no fan of the heat and humidity, so this is soooo nice.

Have a great Thursday, all!
Old 08-20-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just back in from taking our dog on a massive walk he's sleeping now I had a bath got a new blister on my left achilles now

Relaxing cup of tea 1.36pm
Old 08-20-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Itch---Aaaghhhh. That sucks. I hope all the other advice here is correct and it's not your fault. I'm sure it's the contractor's job to get permits though right? Don't worry till it's time to worry.

I am tired. I set my alarm for 6:00 am this morning like a dummy cause it wasn't necessary and I have a big day, and now I feel like crap. UGH.
Hooray for coffee.
I'm starting to miss the city.
Miss a good coffee shop, just sitting listening to good music and people watching. That does not exist here.
Six more months till my contract is done. I think I didn't get the other job at the radio cause I haven't heard. (I hate that when they just leave you hanging. A quick phone call would suffice.) And my "dream job" haven't heard back from either! Striking out here! But the job I am currently doing, is challenging me, and that's enough for now I guess. I think the universe is telling me to just chill out and get this experience under my belt.
I really wanted that job though! Oh, well. Can't get everything we hope for, can we? Have a good thursday. I have a very busy day.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs, hope you got the legalities straightened out, itchy. And hopefully, a lot less stressful and on an even keel?

That's quite funny, toots, seeing your cat chase your dog, lol. Cheeky?, you sussed me out, I'm a likkle angel.hehe. I agree about Dee, mwaaaaa.

Inpar, sometimes we have to be careful what we wish for, it comes in many different forms. Glad you're ok and have coffee!

Wolfie, all this walking, my friend, you'll have calves like Hussain Bolt!

Fbl, I like your avatar.

I'm pleased it's Friday tomorrow, again! I'm waiting for stuff to happen in my life and I think I need to take action and make it happen. I have no idea how or when or where but now I've decided I'm sure it will happen!

Right, I think after I just told myself those cryptic words I'm gonna have a coffee.

Speak later.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Do your best

Decided on another walk Mrs sw came on this walk my dog loves it his nails are nice and short I came back drenched again going to up it to jogging next week and weight training I have a bag but im thinking about getting a bench to do weights etc

Hope everyone is ok

Thanks Mags I have big shoulders but I want to improve on my pecs biceps abs & legs all in time but throughout this winter I'm going to be training hard

Big blisters on both my ankles these new trainers aren't for exercise
Old 08-20-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Magsie

Exercise is good for the soul, Wolfie, I think!
Old 08-20-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Gilmer, hope you're keeping well.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Wolfie I have started carrying weights when I go out running, only 1.5 kg each hand but it has helped me to tone and lose weight. I've no idea what other joggers think when I am doing my arm exercises as I strut along! ( nor do I care!)
Old 08-20-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hi, Mags.

I had to go to a bank today and wait in line to get some confusing paperwork processed. The bosswoman took one look and told me I had to go home and bring back still more documents.

I just knew that I'd go back home, come all the way back--then have to wait an hour in a whole new line. I was so crushed--I honestly wanted to cry.

It took ten minutes to go home, grab the documents and go back--but the bosswoman was ready and waiting for me! No interlopers to make me wait in line again! I was in and out in a flash!

Odd that a relatively minor irritation had me almost crying!

The entire illness and death of my dad didn't make me shed a tear--but the bank lady did!
Old 08-20-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Gilmer, that was thoughtful of her, sometimes our tears can be staved off through all the rough, times, then one small act of kindness, it can be the straw that broke the camels back.x