SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 28 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/372712-one-year-over-part-28-a.html)

Dee74 07-31-2015 11:42 PM

One Year & Over Part 28

last thread here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-27-a-20.html

D

Mags1 07-31-2015 11:56 PM

Hi Dee, thank you.

Soberwolf 08-01-2015 02:12 AM

Thanks D morning Overs

FBL 08-01-2015 03:51 AM

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. I'm feeling a bit better today. I'm usually an upbeat person, so it's tough when my "get-up-and-go" gets up and leaves. The toughest part is not being able to pinpoint the source of my melancholy. Guess we just have to take the bad along with the good. At least I know I can now deal with these feelings sober, so that does make me feel a little better.

Have a great Saturday, all!

Rusty Zipper 08-01-2015 03:53 AM

fbl, hope your get-up-and-go finds it's way back home

FBL 08-01-2015 03:56 AM

Thanks, Zip! Sorry to hear about your godmother's passing...I'm sure she was proud of you.

Soberwolf 08-01-2015 06:18 AM

Rusty im so sorry for your loss of your godmother my gf lost hers just before christmas she was like a surrogate aunt to me i knew her for 15 years

Rusty i send thought prayers & love bud

Im just back in the torn blister on my ankle is red raw i bought fabric & waterproof roll plasters yesterday funny enough and that barely helped it i had a funny limp and now its really red raw so im letting it dry out

Got some great dvds today some louis theroux dvds & bates motel season 1

feeling-good 08-01-2015 09:07 AM

Hi everyone; just back from a trip away for a wedding and catching up on all your posts. Quite tired from the driving and chatting to loads of people - but super glad not to have even been tempted with drinking alcohol :)

Treerat66 08-01-2015 11:11 AM

Evening All.

Rain stopped play today, so I've read all the posts I had missed, I'd like to send strength and hugs to all of you who are down or working on your troubles.

I took a peek at the bees the other morning. I estimate that the swarm would have only just filled a tea cup. They will need help if they are to survive the winter.

Best wishes everyone.

HeadLump 08-01-2015 11:44 AM

Happy Saturday, all!

We've had lovely weather here today and have been in the garden for most of the afternoon. Feeling very relaxed and happy xxx

Soberwolf 08-01-2015 12:42 PM

This Louis theroux dvd is mindblowing

Itchy 08-01-2015 08:47 PM

Hey all!

Mags,
Yes, we have hospice home care.

Never heard of him Wolf. What's the DVD about?

Nite all too exhausted to type what we've been about today. Fixed the fridge, set up sewage lines and dumped the gray water.

Soberwolf 08-01-2015 11:44 PM

Louis therouxs tv shows are documentry based but he really acts as a investigative journalist this one was called the strange and dangerous it had gambling in las vegas, most hated family in america (westboro baptist church), under the knife, behind bars (san quentin) & african hunting holiday

Itchy if you havnt seen this or if anyone hasnt then DO it is excellent Louis has a way of really getting in there

We got bates motel season 1 as the lost producers are behind it so hoping we like that too we have the follow up dvd to the strange & dangerous which is called the odd the bad & the godly

Up early fed the dog scattered some extra seeds for my feathered friends i can hear them now just chatting away lol

made a massive cup of tea and il serve mrs sw breakfast in bed

Spk soon guys 7.42am

Mags1 08-02-2015 01:12 AM

Morning overs

Wolfie, breakfast in bed!!!!!!!! You are a wonderful person. I know it's an excuse to stay in that new bed a bit longer, lol

Itchy, I love that feeling when you've worked hard all day and are so nazzed , hope you slept well.

Hope Sunday brings happiness and peace for you all.

HeadLump 08-02-2015 01:16 AM

I'm just having breakfast in bed too, but I did have to make it! :)

Hope everyone has a great Sunday xxx

tootsl1 08-02-2015 01:19 AM

I saw some of the westbro baptist church one Wolfie. I like how Louis gets people to trust him and open up, he comes across as completely non- judgemental which allows people to believe he feels the same way as they do,more at least want to understand them and they really show their inner selves in some people - ugly and bigoted and narrow minded, others show unexpected compassion or insecurities. He is an incredible journalist, much under rated. I truly recommend his works to anyone who hasn't watched him. His programs are revealing and compelling.

Zip, sorry for your loss mate x

FBL with me it can be something a simple as the other night I noticed how much darker, earlier it was beginning to get, and we have yet to have a summer here. I was blue for a day or two after that, knowing how long and dark our winters are. I hope you find your light again soon. Ant news on the Milwalkee Lion?

FG it's great isn't it when we realises that sobriety is no longer something we are actively striving for but a norm with rare occasional urges. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

Andy, how do you protect your swarm ? Poor bees need all the help they can get these days!

HeadLump enjoy your weather sweetie.

Itchy hope you got a good nights rest.

Gilmer how did the exam go?

Hugs all xx

Gilmer 08-02-2015 01:25 AM

I got an 88 on the multiple choice and 100 on the outlines I had to reproduce. I think I did very well on the short essay, and I'm fairly sure I did well on the long essay. I have to wait for them to be graded.

Thanks for asking!

How is your knee doing?

Soberwolf 08-02-2015 01:50 AM

you found me out Mags lol

Thanks Toots & Headlump & Congrats Gilmer way to go you

HeadLump 08-02-2015 02:51 AM

Sounds very good, Gilmer! :bigok:

Soberwolf 08-02-2015 05:00 AM

Sorry guys just got the news cilla black has passed away