One Year & Over Part 28

Old 08-22-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope he's found recovery SW.

D
Old 08-22-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

That's amazing, SW! I hope he's serious!

Good for you for taking a risk and phoning him! That took some maturity.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Gonna need some support later on.
It's our anniversary and we've been given a bottle of wine. .... off to caravan for the night. ... mr p said shall we take it with us?
I said do what you want I can't drink it
But I know he will say... go on its to celebrate. ...you've been so good.
. Just this once etc. ....
Now I feel prickly
..and grumpy. .. av screaming at me. .....
I'm so arrrghhhh.... can't explain how I feel... I hate it.
X
Old 08-22-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Wolfie, I hope this is a good sign for your dad. Navigating family issues seems to me to be to be so difficult. Add addiction to the mix and it gets very volatile.

Over a year ago I had a go-around with one of my sibs. She can be a major pita and is very critical. I have told her that I'm an alcoholic. She still offers me wine, etc. the last time that happened I got rather tipsy. I blamed her. Now I realize that although it was insensitive, she is a normie and I'm sure she doesn't get it. I, on the other hand, was avoiding taking responsibility for my own actions. Sometimes I still find it scary when I think about how twisted my thinking was in active addiction. I'm not saying she was exactly a saint - there's a lot of old history there, but she did not force me to drink!
Old 08-22-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Petals, sorry to hear that. I've been single again for the past 32 years and I know your situation would be very difficult for me. You have come a long way so please keep that in mind when the AV gets noisy. I'll be thinking of you!
Old 08-22-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Well, Petals. it's very important for you to be able to relax and enjoy your anniversary, too. Your husband asked you at first whether he should bring the bottle of wine. It's OK to tell him you've reconsidered and request lovingly that he not bring it after all.

Maybe you could treat yourselves to a restaurant meal for the occasion and he could order a couple of glasses of wine there?
Old 08-22-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you know what the right choice is Petals
Your choice will mean so much more tomorrow morning

Happy Anniversary

D
Old 08-22-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Petals, I'm sure you know that "just one" drink isn't worth the guilt. Stay strong.

Mags, way to fight off the cravings! I don't get them anymore, but they used to pop up at the weirdest times.

Wolfie, I really hope your Dad is serious. Miracles do happen, especially in regards to addiction (I'm living proof).

Itch, glad you're here to share your wisdom with us.

Have a great Saturday, overs!
Old 08-22-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Petals - I'm not sure why your husband keeps trying to get you to drink. Have you told him there's no such thing as just one for your? Have you told him how and why your life is better for your year of sobriety?

You deserve to enjoy your anniversary -- on terms that are enjoyable for both of you. If that means no booze, then no booze.

Hang in there, be strong, and take good care of yourself. You deserve it!
Old 08-22-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

i would have a long talk with hubby petals

and let hubby know if he wants to make it another year

knock off the booze talk!
Old 08-22-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Magsie

Oops, sorry Wolfie!

Great news about your dad.

happy anniversary petals, hope you can enjoy it without any problems.

Hi guys. Really hot and sunny here, just got in been for a walk at waters edge at Barton upon Humber .
Old 08-22-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Wolfie that is so moving about your dad.. You can tell by your post how much it means to you. I hope he really is giving recovery a shot and that it is a miracle. It's amazing that he mentioned your mum—a full circle.
Petals, first of all hi! Your husband sounds like he means well but is a bit clueless as to how serious your disease is. Maybe have a talk with him about that?
Well.....it's a beautiful fall day here. Summer is gone. It's COLD okay. Coat weather. WHAT. I missed summer, somehow. Luckily fall is my favourite season.
You guys I seem to be rising to the challenge of putting out the paper on my own. I'm surprising myself with how focused and productive I can be when I need to be. I guess I've always been like that it's just really being tested right now. I think maybe I need to have MORE work to be happy. That sounds so stupid. But I was happy yesterday, just steadily working with focus. It's when I get bored that the wheels of crazy start turning. The hamster wheel.
Well off to enjoy this oh so crisp morning. Have a nice Saturday guys.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy Anniversary Petals

I went to see my mum this afternoon & just got back from the cemetery I went in part because its been on my mind then my dad and then seeing 2 pink butterflies crossing paths while I went shopping

While at the cemetery the first thing I noticed was a butterfly I counted 7 today it was like they were literally following us home lol

Were exhausted we took our dog for the first ever time to my mums plot as it was her dog I adopted him

Got a awesome pic of a heart shaped cloud it was breaking up but I managed to capture it

Il try uploading it later

As the eagles sang me & mrs are now taking it easy
Old 08-22-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
I think maybe I need to have MORE work to be happy.
Me, too! (Most of the time).

There's an old expression: "If you want something done, ask a busy person!"
Old 08-22-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Magsie

I know that saying! Gilmer.

Which brings me on to something on my mind for a few days now, nothing major and I don't know why it keeps popping in my head but it does tho and I'm having really bad revenge thoughts! A lady I work with told me it's been noticed that I go on my mobile a lot at work! I don't that much but it does sit on my desk. I'm one of the hardest workers there, really and she is one of the best at skiving! I was flabbergasted and haven't said much about it since but inside my head planning my revenge like a 2 year old.
I've put my mobile in my desk drawer, she isn't my boss just a co worker who does take liberties and now I'm thinking of all these nasty negative things, which I don't like myself for. I don't feel I've been found out as I use my phone to take pics in the workshop of jobs etc also. To upload to my PC. I just want to be rational about it. I know I can be sensitive sometimes. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Sorry if I sound like a silly little girl.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

It's a natural reaction, Mags.

It is 6 pm where you are.

What I do on occasions like these is enjoy a good dinner, divert my mind totally for the rest of the evening (for example, with inane TV), and then sleep on it.

I am usually much more clear-headed and able to handle tough situations at the beginning of a day than at the end of a day.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Gilmer. I sound like a spoilt child, some of my emotions are still undeveloped, I suppose, we all have a child inside. I need a good shake!
Old 08-22-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Don't be too rough on yourself! The thing that would really gall me is that it was totally the pot calling the kettle black!
Old 08-22-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Magsie

I know, I'm trying to be adult and not seek revenge. Like a silly schoolgirl. In my job I've been put on considerably for a lot of years and watched others skive and not work but, I've always been an hard worker, give above and beyond so I'm a bit peeved. She thinks it's great cos she says she's never worked 8 hours a day in her life and hasn't tho gets paid for 8.

I will have to stop now or I will get myself mad again. Thanks Gilmer.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Mags, that's a tough one! Take care of yourself. I second Gilmer's thoughts.