Notices

One Year & Over Part 28

Old 08-17-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Drake I agree with all the comments too. You do sound like you are getting outside your own head and into the heads of those around you to me too.

OK,
So I bought this little thing called a Flojet macerator pump so I can dump the black tank of the RV, pump it through a 100 foot 3/4" contractors hose, uphill about five feet, and then flush with the two gray tanks, one the kitchen wash water, the other the shower and bathroom sink. The black tank is full of, well, let's just say that with the macerator I can cut the crap.

I have a new checklist item. Connect the hose to the macerator first. Otherwise you pump a seconds worth of black tank on the grass. Fortunately I was on the other side. No harm done to the environment. but once done I had to run the garden hose to dilute it and then spray Odorban on that spot. It worked!

The electric is hooked up and ready for the electric company to come out. And turn it on to the new place. Got rain today and just enough. Now the construction site is muddy, but who cares, it is getting ever closer. One guy I am helping trading a computer system in trade for some personal electric work, for the fifth time forgot about me and no showed. Once more and I will do what I've done on the second time all my life, repossess the computer and find another who will do what he says, when he says he will. Paying is not the issue. He got a steal on the computer I traded. Some folks think everyone should act like their codependent passive aggressive daddy. I really hate it when folks make it so my only choices are to play victim to their aggressor , or get assertive, which they generally mistake for aggressor and quickly become frustrated when their usual codie roles aren't working.

My mindfulness I allowed to be disrupted by my poor me pity party for having to deal with a manipulator/drama king. Life doesn't get better with sobriety, I do.

Hi Gil, Toots (kiddo to me, ) Wolf, Mags, Dee the inimitable, RZ the Connecticut Yankee with me, OLL, and all the folks yet to check in, and a little wish from me to all those who have checked out by relapse here, heading for the wrong side of the dirt.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

well...the last two words are '...my life', Gilmer.

D
Old 08-17-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Gil,
"FML" - Go here and scroll down to it: What does FML mean? - FML Definition - Meaning of FML - InternetSlang.com
Old 08-17-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Ah--thank you!
Old 08-17-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Re-Member

IP,
I'm with Dee. The challenge and succeeding feeling of accomplishment is also a real possibility. Is the boss going to help?

"When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change."
Wayne Dyer
Old 08-17-2015, 10:39 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hey Itchy I've just started reading Wayne dyers change your thoughts change your life

Good morning gang
Old 08-17-2015, 11:56 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

IP it's a great opportunity to prove your abilities to the people you are hoping to interview with. Take it one step at a time. Easy!!

Cheers for that link Itchy, another 2 hours of my life I will never get back!!!!

Happy Tuesday all
Old 08-18-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm off to read my new book speak soon guys
Old 08-18-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Do your best

Read some of my book spoke to my therapist and to my dermatoligist as there is the tiniest bit of hair loss and I know what that means but when I saw the Dr last friday I asked for a rereferral I needed one anyway as I think il need injections to fill in the rest of the area

I'm not to fazed by it and I knew I had to see them again I am still having no ear trouble so I'm really happy the two are not related

Feeling good 11.57am
Old 08-18-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks again for the kind words. I'm feeling much more chipper today. It's been rainy and humid here the past couple of days...can't wait for the nice fall weather to arrive.

Hang in there, IP!

Have a great Tuesday, all!
Old 08-18-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

IP you can do it!
Old 08-18-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hello Overs,
Just saying hi before LO wakes up and takes over my world! It's been very busy, but I did manage to fill out some worksheets for step work which I'm glad to be working on, but had to dig deep in my memory bank and remember some pretty shameful behavior. I was able to access it for the work but leave it in the past. I look forward to continue the work but am now in the waiting for my sponsor phase to go over things.
Today we have swimming and possibly some friends visiting.
Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-18-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Magsie

Afternoon overs.

Raining all day here. At work and I've turned my heater on low in August!

All the best Inpar, you're more than capable.

Just thought I'd pop in and show my face mid afternoon.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Greets all. A rainy AM, good actually, after a wet summer it had been a bit dry recently.

My old car is all but dead and a newer one fell into my lap at a reasonable price. Working out well. Thankfully.

Another rehearsal tonight, the director said it is going so well, we may skip the one on Thursday and just do the one on Sat PM with the orchestra. Fine with me.

"Life doesn't get better with sobriety, I do." Oh so true Itchy.

Hang in there IP, sometimes that is the key to get noticed.

Have a good one Overs!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Do your best

Taking our dog on his afternoon walk spk soon guys
Old 08-18-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Just popping in to say 'hi', Overs. Not much happening here except hot weather. Going to an ice carving demo shortly - we are recommending carving a waterfall so it will look good as it melts
Old 08-18-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Magsie

Haha, you got me there, Saskia!

Drake, pleased you got another car.

I could really eat a big bowl of ice cream and some twirl chocolate bars. mmmm
Old 08-18-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Shucks you guys! I feel so honoured that you all think I'm so capable. Hopefully I can prove you right!
Today is day one of the one-woman-newspaper show. Eep. I am keeping calm as I believe that is the key to my success!

Also I am glad to have educated you Gilmer haha.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Do your best

Dinner was nice my legs are tired going to bed after reading & meditating

Goodnight Overs
Old 08-18-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with being nickel and dimed by contractors that do a half vast job.

It is be the assertive guy or roll over. I choose assertive. When folks are manipulative and try to take advantage, I feel angry and disappointed because I am not getting what I paid for, then they want more to boot! I would like them to be accountable and do what they agreed to doing, when they agreed to do it.

We love the house. Dealing with the contractors is another story. I knw it will be my beautiful yard again. But having ruts all over and trenches getting filled will take a year and a lot of tractor work to fix again. However, I AM re-tired, and my tractor just got a full service and got rid of the points and put a full solid state electronic ignition in it and it starts in the first second. So I will have fun on my big boy Tonka Toy. Just venting. Complaining about good fortune's other side, having to get it done and settled, is stressful. I haven't felt this much on edge and vulnerable in a decade or two. Well, except for the first six months of PAWS and sobriety.