# 222 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 and to the Overs Chris!

Old 08-12-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Chris
Old 08-12-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

IP - I'm glad to read that your struggles have passed. You sound like you're in a good frame of mind. Keep livin the dream!

Mags - Are you feeling better? Summer colds are the worst.

Chris - Congratulations on your full year of sobriety!

Itchy - I agree - leaders inspire. I'd love to learn how to inspire before I retire.

Rick - Your buddy's dilemma illustrates the progressive nature of alcoholism. I'm a 40 year old woman but have no question that I'd find myself in his shoes if I kept drinking.

The other night at AA someone shared that he knows he's veering into dangerous territory when he stops seeing similarities to himself in what other alcoholics share.

Toots, Gilmer, Saskia, FBL, and of course Dee -- good to see you!!
Old 08-12-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Rick and Chris!

And congrats!

IP,
Amazing what a little appreciation in tooneys and loonies can do for your perspective eh? Good for you!

Wolf,
Doves are great (with a garlic butter sauce)Just kidding! It's better to watch now since I stopped hunting a few years back. My little 5 acres is a no kill zone for wildlife.

Saskia, no I meant the monthly Windows updates as in security patches. I'm holding off on Windows 10 until it has been out a month and then using a 17" Windows 7 laptop I rebuilt as my test bed. I am buying my annual upgrade in tablets to a Surface 3 most likely but with Windows 10 natively installed from Microsoft.

Mags,
Yes both halves of the new house were delivered today. It will be interesting to see how they push them together and secure them into one house.

FBL,
Don't worry about us, it has cooled down and we are at a balmy 95° now as the high starting today!

I hear ya. Round Lennon glasses with and without full frames are the norm, and of course the black Ray Ban we called BC glasses in the 70's are standard fare too.

Did they help?

Rick,
You are a true friend. I hope for your friend too. But we all know it's all his show.

RZ,
Are you still making progress with your foot healing?

Toots,
I missed your ex's story before. Poor dear. And you were drinking then too? He must have been really over the top.

Glee,
Good observation on being unique, just like everyone else.

Hi Gil, Dee, MB, and all the ships at sea!

Here on the Itchy front, we can't wait to watch the progress. Pics will come as soon as I make time tomorrow to go through them and select some to reduce for online use.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:21 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Hi Chris, congratulations on a year.

Itchy, I've seen programmes of houses being brought in USA , if you wanted to could you up sticks and move it? Not that you'd want to too many times but it's a good idea. Can't wait to see your photos.

Glee, I'm still rough, thanks for asking, back to asthma nurse tomorrow.

I didn't see any shooting stars we were having last night, watched the sky for a while, may see them on news today.
Hope it's a good Thursday overs.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Magsie

Wolfie, they might be ring necked doves in your garden.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congratulations CaliChris, great to see you here!

Itchy, I drank when I was with my ex but wasn't an alcoholic. I was living in and running a home for folk with mental health issues so had to be on the ball and responsible, I only drank in my free time. Hubby on the other hand would drink vodka at 8am in his coffee. And would continue to drink it as he was throwing up, barely able to hold the glass with his DTs so yep, he had it bad.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats, Chris!

Picked up my new specs yesterday. I'm now stylin' & profilin'

Have a great Thursday, overs!
Old 08-13-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Mags sorry.to hear you're not feeling well still. Hope the asthma nurse has some solutions. I didn't see the meteor shower either. I was driving home from a meeting last night and thought I saw a shooting star. Didn't know until I got into bed and was poking around online that there was a meteor shower. By that time I was too tired to get up and go look.
FBL woo hoo for new more stylish glasses!
Just wanted to check in and say hi. My days have been getting so busy which is good in some ways. But have a hard time remembering if and when I last posted! My social anxiety struck last night at the meeting and made me feel like its always gonna keep me back, I'm never gonna fit in, even in AA Kinda stinks because I had just started doing some work with my new sponsor and was feeling really good about that. Hoping the feelings pass with more time. Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-13-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

welcome aboard cali & huge congrats!

progress it is itch

top hound healed, bottom wound 75+%
Old 08-13-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

My condo garden is a haven for doves. We have them by the dozens sometimes. I and another resident feed them so it is so amusing to watch them line up on the utility line and wait for breakfast.

I have spoken of my friend Kevin who is in rehab. I got a note that he is 30 days today. He is so excited and said he has not felt better in ages.

Had my Psych appointment yesterday and got meds adjusted. You know, I would have never admitted I was seeing a psychiatrist but my recover family understands and never judges.

A fellow at my church who leads a Sat AM AA meeting asked me to come on the 30th and talk to the group. A "fresh face" perspective on sobriety. He said they are tired of hearing him. Probably not true, Todd is 26 years sober and is an inspiration.

Welcome again to the new Overs and too all!
Old 08-13-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear Zip

D
Old 08-13-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yes Mags their the ones ringneck doves/cape turtledoves me and mrs sw were so happy and thank you for identifying them

Funny itchy lol i can tell you love wildlife really i hear most hunters as they get older they start to grow fond and even vet wildlife on that louis theroux doc they mentioned this, hope everything is coming together your hard work is going to bring you joy and im happy for you hope the heat is less

Congrats on a year Chris welcome

Bet you look amazing in the new specs FBL

Raining here in london i think some birds are living in our tree or at least seeing it as a hotel which me & mrs sw both love

Have a nice afternoon Overs
Old 08-13-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good news Rusty

Sounds serene drake and good on you btw

Hi D
Old 08-13-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Drake - I'm glad you have developed the confidence in yourself to realize that you are worthy of love and respect. You are strong for recognizing that you need help with depression and a role model for others for doing what ever it takes to manage it. On undies we were discussion self esteem -- it seems like self loathing played a large role in many folks' addictions, whether they drank because they were down about themselves or became down about themselves because they drank, or substance abuse triggered depression, or all of the above. It's inspiring for me to continue to see your growth and progress, as from the early days of my journey, you remind me to keep on keeping on.

Mags - Asthma is so sneaky and unpredictable. I hope you get some relief and a greater ability to manage your symptoms on your trip to the nurse.

FBL - Congrats on the newfound clarity of vision in your stylin' new specs.

OLL - I'm naturally pretty comfortable socially, but I have found meetings a challenge to navigate - especially when I first started attending. With time I have found it easier. Taking a service position for the group also helped, like making coffee, as well as sharing during the meeting. Keep going, and it'll fall into place.

Toots - Thanks for your insightful posts as always!

Hi RZ, Gilmer, Itchy, Chris, Saskia, and all the overs, including any I inadvertently missed.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Thanks Glee!
Old 08-13-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Evening All,

Itchy - the brush cutter was a a mower version. They said it would cut anything it could push down. After all the infected thorns I've had from 'Black thorn' it was great to see them vanish underneath.

Mags and Wolfie - I saw ni*er spelt nyger on a bag of seed the other day.

Enjoy your evenings or days everyone.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Welcome CaliChris
Old 08-13-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Overs getting right into this 10% happier book by Dan Harris

Just wanted to pop in & say my goodnight so i have a good chunk of time to read more

Spk soon