Do your best

Thinking of you Rusty

4.29pm
Old 08-02-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Evening All.

Sorry for your loss Rusty.

Toots - I'll have to feed them up (one time sugar is best.)

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Going to watch chicagos mob wives then fall asleep to lois therouxs follow up to the strange and dangerous its called the odd the bad and the godly

saw some bates motel and it was lost ish but a bit creepy i didnt watch the original psyco might have to do homework on it

Goodnight Overs 10pm
Old 08-02-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Re-Member

RZ,
Sorry bud. Hope you can get the info you need.

Toots and all amazing BUT HERE WE ARE SLAM INTO SUMMER! To hear you talk about winter is amazing. I'm inside just recovering from several hours push mowing around all the debris. Funny but they left the front deck and planted entrance walkway flower and plant beds as if they never had a building behind them. It is 4:43 and I really should have come in earlier. But it turned out OK. Just too much heat. I am cooled off after an hour inside in air conditioning in the RV.

My back is killing me though. The booths they put in these things were made for midgets and contortionists! The sofa is comfortable at least. I love our new to us RV!

We moved our reefer into the workshop along with the freezer to keep them plugged in and the food at hand, and it died night before last! Since the lights weren't on and no cooling in the refrigerator or Freezer I suspected there was a bad fuse somewhere. I searched around and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F3Z7_LpJkc

I will never buy any LG appliance or product again. They appear to limit their repair places to one in each town, won't sell parts to the owners, or non approved service companies. And then solder their fuses to sell more circuit boards and gyp the owner. That was intentional! Most folks are out a 200 dollar board and another hundred for two service calls!!! One to look and diagnose, another to install the board! Crooks!

Now I find that they soldered the main fuse on a $200.00 circuit board! If the 5o cent fuse blows you buy a whole board. Fortunately I can do component level repairs and de-soldering/soldering on circuit boards. The guy above does that to his. For now, until the parts warehouse for electrical parts opens on Monday I just jumpered from one side to the other with an alligator clip on each end of a wire and clipped to each end of the blown fuse. The refrigerator runs fine. The reason I did not pull the board yet is that I am going to buy a fuse holder, clip it on top over the dead fuse from the top, and solder a fuse holder to the ends of the fuse clip that I will clip to the dead fuse. I can solder the fuse holder clip with the two wires for a regular fuse instead of heating up the circuit board that might be damaged by the repair.

Easy fix it for about 5 buck! I just solder the inline fuse holder ( http://www.amazon.com/Screw-Type-Wir...ne+fuse+holder ) off the board to the ends of the fuse holder clip ( Fuse Holder Clip US AGC 1 4" 1 25" Fuses for Panel PCB Mount Pack of 5 | eBay ). Put a new fuse in the now soldered to the fuse clip inline fuse holder, and snap the clips over the dead fuse with no heat near thee circuit board.

OK all cooled down have to go do the easy part a couple of hours on the zero turn rider, as I did all the weed eating and push mowing.

TTYL folks!
Old 08-02-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey you guys, I need some serious help here. I am so depressed and at the end of my rope. Nothing feels right, my job is the wrong job, I should never have taken it. I am so lonely and don't know where I'm going in life. I feel like it doesn't matter what I do, nothing will ever be right, I will never be happy. I feel completely alone in the world. I'm not sure where this all came from. I seemed to be doing better but then realized, i don't know. I just feel trapped in my life.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am so sorry, InPar. Every bad thing is converging on you at once and crises are coming to a head. Keep putting one foot in front of the other as stoically as you can.

Hopefully not everything will feel as acutely painful a week from now. Maybe then you will see solutions more clearly.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Re-Member

IP,
I am sorry you feel this way today. There was no way for you to know that job was wrong for you. Now you know what you don't want in a job at least. The loneliness sounds horrid that you feel so alone. I wish we were all in one place and give real hugs as a needed.
Take this one to start: :hug

I survived the heat, and now I'm beat.

Remember guys and gals, we did do the big "it." We quit. after that maybe trouble is not as much of a challenge, and the blues just something to wait out while doing anything outside.

My MIL just acknowledged she is dying. She told her daughter, my wife, that this is scary, facing the end. My wife told her that she will be there with her no matter what. Unlike you FBL, we are 15 minutes from them. So each of us can be there for her non stop. She is a wonderful lady and just "mom" since mine died ten years ago. I'm not sad for me, just concerned that the hospice people keep her as comfortable as possible. I am fine, in support role. I have to swap position in our family formation and fly wingman for my wife. I have her six, as she's always had mine. My part is easy. I get to stay for a while longer. So will all of us.

Nite all.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do you have a Dr or counsellor IP?

You sound really depressed -and thats ok,. it's a really normal thing for a lot of us here- but I urge you to do something about it...even if it's just more time in the sun or some regular exercise...

don't try and live with this, ignore it, or let it dictate to you how to live your life

Everything will be ok in the end...if it's not ok, it's not the end

D
Old 08-02-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your MIL and all her and your family Itch - it's never easy.

D
Old 08-02-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Overs! Just back, well about 2 hours ago, from a quick trip to my home town and to help my sister through her knee replacement surgery. She did well and is now in a rehab center to get stronger to go home. She lives alone and we have a 3 level house so there is no avoiding stairs. If we got her situated on the main level, then there is no bath and the bedrooms are up. So I joked and said she has to go to "The Home." Not sure who will survive, the center or her. She can be a handful.

Time out of the city allowed some time to stroll in the evening and hear the owls, insects and frogs we do not hear in the city. She lives on the edge of a medium size city and there are woods all around.

HRH Olive, the Nut Pug enjoyed her visit, I think. She slept through most of it.

Friend Kevin who is in inpatient alcohol rehab seems to be doing well. He is posting daily on his Facebook page and reminds me so much of me in my early sobriety days, and probably yours as well. Totally overwhelmed, but with a glimmer of hope it will be for the best.

In Par. Lean on your SR friends!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

InPar - I'm so sorry you're down. I've struggled with focus and motivation in recovery and felt confused and lost. I get it. When my life has spun out of control, when the way I've lived has created a life that's completely unmanageable, I've found what I consider to be the gift of desperation. I've become open minded and willing to do things differently, to change the way I see or approach my challenges.

I struggle with being patient with difficult people, with sticking with difficult commitmenst. When I'm frustrated or bored, I want to bolt.

Do you have a counselor or advisor or sponsor who you trust that you could discuss this with?
Old 08-02-2015, 10:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Magsie

In par, so sorry this job isn't for you. But you can and will find your ideal one , don't give up. Might be worth a trip to the docs, as Dee mentioned.x

Wolfie, I know, I heard Sunday, bless her that was so unexpected. I loved Cilla.

Itchy, I'm pleased your mil has her family by her, it can't be easy for her and definitely not easy for your Soh, and rest of family.

Oh and itchy, you've heard the saying 'mad dogs and Englishman go out in the midday sun'.

Hi Drake, glad you had a good trip.

Zippy so sorry for your loss.

Hope the bees do ok, Andy.

Hiya to all my SR friends, hugs and love all around, let's give each other the energy and spirit, to fight another day, in this big, unsuspecting wonderful world we live in. It's magnificent to know we are all here, albeit different times and a small matter of miles between us, but it doesn't stop us reaching out, being there and supporting one another through the good and the bad.

Monday morning,6.20 am. Suns up, it's a new day.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:25 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

IP I too feel that you sound depressed, and urge you to see your doc.
It is sometimes difficult to see what we have achieved when all we focus on is failure. So this job is not what you hoped it would be, at least you tried. You have reached out of your comfort zone and done things others of us only dream of. You are strong and courageous. Remember that, focus on what you need to do to change your situation. I remember you saying your dad was going to visit, so you are obviously close, is there any chance of moving to be near him? I feel you have little in the way of F2F support where you are.

Itchy, I know you will be strong for your wife and MIL through this period.

Drake, glad your sister is recovering and that Kevin is doing ok. I'm surprised they allow internet in rehab, imagine if someone read something negative aimed at them??

Must dash late again!!
Old 08-03-2015, 12:40 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry things are bad at work IP you will always have us us to lean on (((((IP)))))

Itchy your hard work is testament to how much your getting done sorry LG are rip off merchant things like that grind my gears too

Hello to all the Overs have a good start to the week
Old 08-03-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Drake, glad your sister is recovering and that Kevin is doing ok. I'm surprised they allow internet in rehab, imagine if someone read something negative aimed at them??
I was surprised as well Toots. I suppose he is using a phone.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks again for the support all! I'm feeling much better this morning. Perhaps the hot and humid weather had a part in it. I don't tolerate the extreme heat and it's supposed to be cooler the rest of this week.

IP, sending hugs your way today. I've lived alone for most of my life and have experienced many of the same feelings you have now. Those feelings were a big reason why I drank so hard for so long. It took me a long time to accept my circumstances and to move forward. Please hang in there! I've found that the bad times don't last, but we need to be proactive when they come. It's your life, you're in charge, if you need a change then you need to make it happen.

Itch, best of luck with your MIL. It's got to be scary facing the end of one's life. We'll never truly know how it is until it happens to us. All you can do is be there for her and your SH. She's lucky to have a loving family around her at this time.

Rusty, hope all is well with you.

I'm off to the doctor a little later this morning. I think I'm slowly but surely realizing that my fears of going are unfounded. Compared to battling alcohol, this is a walk in the park

Have a great Monday, gang!
Old 08-03-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Toots - thanks, YES! It's so good when sobriety feels that way

InPar - my heart goes out to you - I also recommend going to see your GP if you can and also just keep on putting one foot in front of the other - we have indeed done the 'hard' thing by getting sober and so it's just all about figuring out how to work round the other hard things in life - just remember we are all here for you

Everyone who needs one, please take one
Old 08-03-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

How are you doing today, InPar?