Notices

One Year & Over Part 28

Old 08-15-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Hearts, welcome and congrats on 366 days! I just recently "qualified" :-)
Old 08-15-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hey guys!
Well I had one really bad day last week, fell off the rails kind of.
BUT, I was proactive, I called my counsellor and talked to her for a while, and she was so helpful. I'm so glad that I started seeing her, she's just so calming. I recognized what was happening, I was just having a "down" day, not the end of the world, and I just got through the day, went to bed early and had really a good day yesterday, was amazingly productive at work, really calm. From total panic the day before, I had lost sleep for a few days and was thrown off by something that happened with that guy I'm (still) seeing. I think I'm learning that routine is something that I really must have.
Last night I was lying in bed, thinking about this morning, what I would do, making a nice coffee and hanging out here in my place, and this comfortable feeling of just having everything that I need washed over me.
I've found my way to a place where I'm self sufficient and independent, finally, finally, finally. It took so long to get here. I've always depended so much on the help of others.
I feel like I can handle whatever life gives me.
So, I had a job interview for a job in another town at a paper that is affiliated with a radio station, so if I got it I could start to get radio experience. Which would be amazing. But we'll see.
Have a lovely weekend everyone.
I'm going to a fall country fair. Summer is just about over here. :-/ Feel like I missed it.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Welcome, Hearts!

I'm so pleased the counselor is a help and comfort, InPar!

Imagine how nice it will look on your resume to have gotten this nice raise last week!
Old 08-15-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by HeartsAfire View Post
Hi all!

FBL invited me over so I thought I'd pop-in & say hello. I have 366 days today!

Hope you all have a lovely Saturday!!
So happy your here Hearts
Old 08-15-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Congrats and welcome hearts!
Fingers crossed for the job IP!
Old 08-15-2015, 10:35 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs , giganticmus,lol.

Hi hearts nice to see you here

Hi NHL, pleased to meet you.

Nice one FBL.

Inpar, I want to hug you and shake you too! x

Wolfie, I got a resin bird bath/water feeder on a stand bought me from my friend and the birds love it, they drink out of it and splash about in it, specially the black birds. I've got a little concrete one too but never seen any of them on that one. My fil has a water feature and the birds absolutely love it, it must be the moving water? I've bought a terracotta bowl solar water feature, only small but my husband doesn't like it, says I've got to put it amongst plants and stuff to make it look right. I have no idea about these things I was just getting it for the birds.

Anyways, I bet your garden will be a haven for our feathered friends. Just wait till winter! They'll be knocking on your window if their food runs out! Lol.

Wedding do went well yesterday, I was poured Lanson black label champagne for the toast, something triggered in me from the past but not enough to ruin my sobriety.
Ladies, it was like having a fashion parade, all the fantastic dresses, and shoes, my there were some Bobby dazzlers.handbags, I didn't even get time to look except for the bridesmaids bags, they were gorgeous! What's a matter with me, I've never been a girly girl always a Tom boyish one! Lol. I loved it. Gotta lose some more weight!
Old 08-16-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Re-Member

FBL,
I agree! Me too on getting the support here!

RZ,
Great news that the top is healed. Now for the rest! Me too. I count years now and last year forgot it was my fourth!

Mags,
Thanks, yes the house is here, on the concrete and tied down to the concrete beams. I promised pics, I took some yesterday.

Wolf,
Thanks bud!

Toots,
Yes it is getting there. Your ex was as bad as I was when I quit. So glad for you in our lives kiddo.

Congrats to all the milestone celebrants! And welcome newly over one year.

Great to see all you old hands dropping back in too. Sorry guys but every day this past week has been ten hours a day out in the sun and heat. They are doing the work but I make sure they have water and anything else needed in these 95-98 degree days.

IP way to go. Yep despite making it, no bands start to play but here we applaud your struggle and success.

Instant,
Hoo boy do I know how it feels to have issues with a bad boss. Such a relief to then get a leader instead of a boss. The worst boss Iever had expected me to work 7days a week and all of the nights too. He drove me like a slave. Man, I never want to be self-employed again!

OK pics:
Here's our 28.5' RV we're living in. The ramp is for Skylar my larger dog who has hip displasia and failed thyroid:
Attached Images
Old 08-16-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Here's the new house. The buried line on the left is the 200 foot long water supply to the shop for the RV, the one on the left still not installed is the one to the new house. It will be another week as they install the A/C and the gas, and the Electrician's come back and finish on Monday. They were here all day and my electrician is coming over tomorrow. The house has hardy board siding like any house, and the skirting will be the same with trim. I'll show a pic later when that is done..

I'm in the RV now over tired and up at 2:30 AM.

Nite all.
Attached Images
Old 08-16-2015, 01:08 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Love the RV and the new house Itchy but you know what I love even more...... being called 'kiddo' aged 51 made my day!! Haha

FBL, I too know that SR gave me the strength and support to achieve and maintain my sobriety. I'm pretty sure I could walk away now and remain sober....but who want to risk it? Hubby suggested we leave our electronics at home when we go on holiday but my first thought was '2 weeks without SR surrounded by Tuscan wines??? I think not!' I actually told him that I needed my access to you guys even if I didn't actually use it daily. I just needed to know I can. He was fine with it. ( I don't think he really wanted to leave his fruity tablet behind either, just that we make time to also talk to each other. )

HeartsAF, great to see you and congratulations hon on your first sober year.

IP, great you are seeing your counsellor as a tool to help you with your anxiety and obviously they're working . I hope the interview brings success. Is the BF still drinking? Be sure that you are in the relationship for the right reasons and that he treats you the way you deserve to be treated. Better to be alone than with the wrong one.

Zip we will have you tapping in no time!

Mags n Bags eh? Like you I was always the tomboy, but I also like to remind myself I have a feminine side too. I wore a dress when we went out last night, and heels, albeit far lower ones than I would have worn 30 years ago! I bet some of those heels at the wedding were high, I watch the young girls walking in them, after a drink or two they are like newborn colts!! Lol

Wolfie I am so glad you are enjoying the birds in your garden, water is important for them not just for bathing but for drinking too. And Red Velvet Cake is there any end to the Wolfie family talents?? Do you get to lick the bowl? It was always my treat for helping my mom bake!

Instant I had one or two 'boss horrors' the first, in my first job I didn't think I could do anything about. Since then I have just looked around for other work. One, I just walked out on, her unprofessional behaviour was dreadful, my colleagues were as disgusted as me. Fortunately my hubby earns enough that I could afford to walk out, and now I have the job at the opticians where I am obviously liked enough to re-employ after our American sojourn!
Happy sun/Monday overs!
Old 08-16-2015, 01:30 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Magsie

Brilliant pics itchy, bet you're so pleased it's come together.

Toots, haha there were a few coltish moves, lol.

When we got snowed in a few years ago my first job after shovelling outa my door was to brush the tree off and replenish the bird food, break the ice in the bird bath and put fresh, and because the snow was so deep I put trays of food all over the garden for our feathered friends, the cats couldn't get through the snow either, not that they were daft enough to be out! The garden was amass of hungry birds.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:03 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Mags i dont where to get the water table maybe pets at home

Toots mrs sw cake her first cake is awesome i had 2 cupcakes and they were better than anything i have had i want her to try making it with gooey choclate in the centre i cant wait to try more cakes she is making - thanks toots

Itchy your house looks amazing man i am so happy for you, really looks nice

Spk soon guys
Old 08-16-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Magsie

Wolfe, you're making me hungry, cakes, mmmmm.

i think pound stretches used to have em, the bird baths.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Nice pix, Itch! Hope the heat lets up on you one of these days.

It's hot & humid here again today (90F)...supposed to cool down by Tuesday, so I'm looking forward to that.

Will talk to Mom later today. She's really thriving in her new surroundings. Glad we were able to find a nice place for her.

Have a great Sunday, all!
Old 08-16-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mrs sw set me 2 aside for after todays brisket lunch we had some in bread thins (think thin pitta's that fold) the brisket is lovely took its time but lovely

I will feed birds for life esp in winter i have always loved birds but now after i have really bonded with them il feed birds wherever i go i heard the once common garden sparrow numbers are really down due to development and a lack of grass seed and insects

So i will check out the pound shops ive seen feed in there but no baths but i will go to other shops

Gave mrs sw a lil massage and then we done some stretches

went out & got a freeview replacement remote as our current one was on its way out

spk later guys
Old 08-16-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs! Another short one as I struggle with insomnia. Hope you are all doing well.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

The ramp is for Skylar my larger dog who has hip displasia and failed thyroid:
yeah sure itch! lol
Old 08-16-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post

Inpar, I want to hug you and shake you too! x

Why do you want to shake me???? Eep!

No word on that job yet......I got a job offer at a landscaping company that will pay me well and would mean I could work in the oil patch which would mean big $$$$$. I am tempted. I could still do freelance work. Leaving a newspaper job is scary though. Not sure what to do. He wants to know by this week.

And I think I interview for, ANOTHER job this week, which is the absolute dream opportunity which I REALLY want, which I would drop everything for, But they are taking forever with their selection process, argh. Still not even sure I have an interview but she emailed me about it so.......in the meantime the job I have is paying well now and I am finding it easier and more inspiring week by week....there is something to be said for just sticking it out and doing the time, right?

I'm spoiled for opportunity. Woe is me.

The BF(?) is off on a month-long solo motorcycle road trip. We weren't supposed to talk till he got back, for a month break and for me to move on if I want to. But he texted me a few times yesterday. My life seems ridiculous sometimes. I don't think he's drinking. I think he just had that one drink on holiday. It's the attitude that he has about it that is concerning, that he thinks he could handle it. A guy who drank six beers for breakfast every day before DRIVING a semi truck all day, which he did end up crashing one day. Which is why he quit.
Anyway. I'm off to that country fair. I'm excited. It was started in 1945 or something.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey kiddo! (Toots)
When I was 20, you were 8. I'm old enough to be your uncle! Thanks for not mentioning that in addition to two left feet, I posted two left lines! The one on the right to the shop, so I have a spigot for the RV, we dug a few weeks ago by hand in the 100° plus days. It took all day. The one shown on the left to the house they dug with a Ditch Witch trenching machine in 20 mins sitting down on it! I'm renting one next time. More than worth the $100 a day. Digging it by hand was foolish thrift.

RZ?
My Significant Harassment doesn't need a ramp!

FBL,
Funny how we get acclimated, 95 yesterday with less humidity felt fine, cool feeling even after the 105/106° week and last weekend. I was out in the sun all day with straw Stetson style hat. But 90 to y'all is hot.

Glad to hear your Mom is living it up! Hope we can figure out what to do with her dad after her mom's gone. He knows how bad his memory and comprehension has become. But he will do denial to the end I'm afraid. We'll soon see I hate to say.

Mags!
We are in a drought period and the birds and honey bees are having a tough time. My SH thought it a good idea to catch all the A/C condnsate that runs off the roof gutters of the RV in one of my five gallon Home Depot buckets. Then use it to water the fig trees too until the house is done and we can water there. We'd been watch the bees come collect water, as well as wasps and birds. Unfortunately the next morning we found a thrush fell in and drowned! We found that a milk crate upside down fits right over it creating a safety screen. We let it stay full and the birds can drink as well as the bees now, safely.

Thanks Wolf,
It is custom ordered. I had six inch walls and roof, and thermal double paned windows that will pay for themselves in energy savings. It also has mud and taped sheetrock walls as it is only mobile home until it gets here. Then it is secured to the concrete beams and the wheels and hitch removed.

It sounds like your sober self is discovering all new foods and surroundings that you can now fully appreciate. The cake sounds so good that as we say here in the South, "It tastes so good it'll make yer tongue roll up inside yer haid like winder shade an beat yer brains ta death!"

Good day Sas! And all the overs not here today because we are all busy taking life in, instead of alcohol.

I'm resting today until three when my personally hired electrician comes by.
I traded him a desktop full Windows 7 system for running the line to my second steel building. The guy with the trencher dug the extra trench needed for that because I helped him get it running again when it would not start. Five buck of gas and $100 of trenching? No brainer!

Have a great life everyone! Starting with today.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Re-Member

IP,
You posted while I was.

Too many choices? Sure beats none because of drink! I'm glad for you.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mrs sw is out and wont be home till ten so its just me and the pooch ive watched a film had my dinner had a bath and i started to read my new wayne dyer book and halfway through the preface and stroking my dogs ear (he litrelly puts his head near your hand for you to stroke) and i thought go on soberwolf take him for a walk so i took him for a massive walk (i normally do his morning walk) he seems very happy as he wasnt expecting it im going out a lot more nearly every day for the last 2 weeks

Going to go read soon