Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 7

Old 07-26-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Just to let you know I'm back in Cadiz, tired and worn but 100% sober! Will try to catch up properly in the morning. Past 11,30pm here!
Old 07-26-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Swimkim, that's great about your sleeping. I know I'm getting a lot better sleep nowadays too. I hope you enjoyed your swim. That sounds so relaxing.

Cauliflower, I'm sorry about the step-monster but I'm very glad that you're letting it go. I know it's been very hard on you but like you said you cannot control how she acts and does. My only experience was having an monster in law who is now an ex monster in law. She and her son have scared me off even thinking about dating. She said and did a lot but I guess one thing that set me off the most was her trying to get my son's name changed on the birth certificate when I was in the hospital to a name she liked. She would constantly make me feel bad about being shy and would nit pick and tell me what I should have said or did to make her happier. She would complain that I didn't call her enough then it was that my mother didn't call her enough. Toward the end of the relationship, I refused to try much because all she did was complain to her son that I wasn't doing enough to make her happier and wasn't talkative enough. I eventually gave up because some people just aren't worth the aggravation. It was always about her and I just didn't care anymore. I had to take care of myself because my blood pressure would spike with just thinking about calling her. The phone calls would be complaints about me or what my then husband wasn't doing right. She's just a miserable human being. I'm sorry that you have a negative person like that in your life but don't let her get to you. You're awesome!

Amp, so glad you're back safely and I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip. Hope you're able to get some really good rest.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Good morning all, catch up laggers.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Morning all!
Old 07-27-2015, 01:28 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

So, Monday once again. Hope you all have a fun day!!!

What a tough weekend...and week leading up to it too. As I've mentioned, my father in law who I was very close with passed away a couple of months ago and my mother in law who I've always had a rather tense relationship with is, quite understandably struggling. The problem is that she takes her suffering out on those around her and has been terribly short tempered and critical, particularly, of course, of those who are trying to be most supportive. She doesn't feel OK sleeping in her house alone at night so I drove 5 hours to pick her up, 5 hours back, had her to stay in my new house (which she hates) for a week and then drove back again with my family to spend another week staying with her at her house and staying for a family reunion last weekend in which we remembered Santiago's Saint's day and birthday (they fall on consecutive days).

Suffice it to say that there has been a lot of tension and really unnecessary criticism about pretty much everything from our clothes and our car to how we raise our kids (who of course have been behaving awfully). When I suggested that she might find it useful to see a psychologist I really got it. Wasn't it normal for her to feel bad? Was I trying to say she had some sort of problem, etc. The self-help book my wife bought her also appeared rather visibly on the top of the recycling...

Well, anyway, grief affects different people in different ways but on a personal note I now realized that this extra stress, which is what it turned out to be, has lead me into dangerous territory. All I can say is thank God for the accountability I have here and with my wife because at the family party it was basically back to week one but worse because I was no way expecting the intensity of the cravings that I experienced and AV sat on my shoulder for practically the whole weekend. I feel emotionally and physically drained after driving back yesterday and into work this morning. But I feel safe now. Like I made it through aassive storm and I'm battered and shaken but still in one piece. We have friends staying this week but although they will drink as they are on holiday, they are good caring people and I think I'll be OK.

Thanks to this group I have made it through once again! Where would I be without you guys?!!

Hope you have a great day!
Old 07-27-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
OMD

What a ride, Amp. Sorry to read about what you had to go through but well done you! AV can throw anything at you. Good man.

In haste
OMD
Old 07-27-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Wow, good for you Amp! These monsters in our lives can reek havoc, but we are stronger!

Angie, thanks for sharing too. That woman raised a winner (tongue in cheek), so glad that you are free somewhat from that family. Your son is lucky to have you as his mom. My sister told me years ago that bullies tend to pick on who they feel is weaker. I stepped up my game since then, and so have you. Good for you! ROAR!

Oh the joys of Mondays. I don't like Mondays, but I guess it's just another day to tackle. The AV has been quiet all weekend, so that is a great feeling. I don't feel it's presence very much at all. I am glad I had faith in the experience of others, Dee and everyone else told me it gets easier, and it is getting easier. Dealing with the aftermath and the life I neglected is the hard part. But, that's just Mondays for you. Busy week ahead, so today is my planning and organizing day.

It has been so hot and muggy lately but I'm not complaining though. I would rather have the sun shining and the AC on then freezing my buns off in the dead of winter. Once it starts warming up in South Africa, then I know I better brace myself for the chill of fall and the down right bitter cold of winter. But, the hot sun seems to attract these horrible flying biting beetles that I am deathly scared of, I've never been bit, but everyone tells me they take chunks out of your skin. My fear of them is rather phobic, so I am in a panic every time I see one. I really believe they are after me, and land beside me licking their lips, which may or may not be irrational thinking! All I know is that they are ruining my summer. I stayed indoors pretty much all weekend, and now I feel antsy!

Coffee is kicking in and doing it's job, aww, I love my coffee. Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

This new PT job is a pain in my bass.
Driving and posting at stops.

I've got some reading to do.

Posting none for me today.
Glad I don't have to get up at 4am after a day of drinking. I'd be drinking at 430am just so I could function!
Old 07-27-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Amp...Your story and my experiences over the past week and those about to happen this week, have me thankful.

Yup. You read that right. I'm thankful for the week I just had all stressed out to the MAX. And I'm thankful for the stressful week(s) ahead of me.

These weeks are not fun. But they happen. And honestly, there's some weeks ahead that will blow even bigger chunks.

I'm just thankful I don't have to deal with those issues while being drunk or hung over. Either one em.

If I was drunk during these times, the end result would be regret and further stress. If I was hungover, I simply would not be able to deal at all. I'd try to sleep away the anxiety. I would avoid everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that is a cause for anxiety. That didn't work out so good for me in the past.

I am so thankful I am am sober today.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Good morning all, catch up laggers.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

None for me today
Old 07-28-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
None for me today
Me neither
Old 07-28-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

pouring rain and thunderstorms all morning....no bugs! Haha. I am up and atom and none for me today as well!
Old 07-28-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Morning, All! None for me today either. Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 07-28-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Morning everyone !!! Up and atom I'm taking an exam today. Wish me luck. drinking is not on my mind so that's a plus! Have a good day everybody
Old 07-28-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
None for me today
Same here. I too am thankful. Bucketloads of busyness going on right now. Need to be sober.

Hope all are well.

OMD
Old 07-28-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by Lily123 View Post
Morning everyone !!! Up and atom I'm taking an exam today. Wish me luck. drinking is not on my mind so that's a plus! Have a good day everybody
Good luck!

OMD
Old 07-28-2015, 10:21 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Good morning all, catch up laggers
Old 07-28-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hi all. I am currently without power because a tree limb fell on a line. They are cutting branches and repairing the line now but we've been without power for about 4 hours. Thank goodness for my car charger and LTE. Was feeling annoyed for a while because It was so hot then I felt bad because these guys are hard at work to get us fixed back up. It's cooler outside than in so we've been out a lot chatting with neighbors. We will probably sleep in the living room because it's not as stuffy in there. Hope everyone is doing well! I'm sorry, I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Goodnight.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:51 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
OMD

Morning all. None for me today.

OMD