Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 7

Old 08-30-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Sounds like everyone is doing well. Glad everyone is hanging in there and enjoying life. Life is better sober. Grateful to be hangover free on this Sunday morning.

It rained last night!!!! First morning I have woke up in 3 weeks and not been in a grey/ black haze of smoke in our canyon! The sky is far from clear but the air smells clean(ish)!

Thank you all for being here. I really cannot stand to be on my laptop and we don't have cell service here but I'm realizing that checking in here in the morning is a good way to start the day. Hope you all have a great one
Old 08-30-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi all. I'm hanging in there. Welcome stargazer! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. This is such an awesome group.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Yes...it is an awesome group...because you're in it
Old 08-30-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi, All! Sunday evening here - ready to get back to work tomorrow. It's a good feeling to have. Grateful for my sobriety and for you all! Goodnight
Old 08-30-2015, 10:14 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Morning all! Haven't heard from Zab in a while and his "catch up laggers". Anyone know anything?

Remember Monday is a fun day!
Old 08-31-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Morning.
No Amp. I meant to say something the other day too. Nothing on his side post either. Saw you posted there as well last week.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:53 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Yeah, I messaged him too but nothing Just hoping his Internet's down or something...
Old 08-31-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Since finding this group recently, I have tried to go back and read the hundreds of posts since the beginning, though I admit, I haven't made it through them all. It is heart breaking to see how many people started in this group and apparently how few are still here making sobriety happen day by day. Everyone still here deserves a huge high five for being able to fight through alcohol dependency and create a new and better life for themselves, their loved ones, and their co workers. High Five to everybody!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

It is SG. And you are spot on. We are the proud and the few.

Some have gone on and stacked days/weeks together in May, June, and July. A couple of them have done really well. But still, the number of lost souls is a whole lot more than found.

Casey is a fine example. He had gone through multiple attempts before April even and finally found his home in May. He's a great example of changing the approach of plan A does not work. He became very active on SR. He cheered and lead his group in May and you'll see him posting all the time in newcomers. I'm really happy for him.

This addiction is the real deal. The fact that so few remain is just another signal....I cannot, I do not, want to drink again. The grip of alcoholism is simply too strong. I have no desire to end up where I was again. For what? So I can be buzzed? No thanks. Not worth it.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

I think people only get out when they are ready to truly let go. I had numerous 2-6 week attempts and periods of only drinking during the week, etc before this latest attempt. Something inside me is different this time. I'm ready to let go and I'm angry at alcohol and myself for being sucked in for so long. I'm forgiving myself for sure but alcohol? Never!

I'm hoping that a lot of those who didn't make it this time around will give it another shot and maybe they'll be ready one day. I know that percentage-wise it's tough but equally anyone can get hooked and anyone can fight their way out if they really want to and get the right support.

Personally I only want to build on what I have. Tomorrow is 1st September so, regardless of our start dates we will all have been sober in 6 different months of this year. Sounds good, doesn't it?

Take care one and all!
Old 08-31-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! 127 days sober. Grateful for SR and April 15'. Let's all make the best of today
Old 08-31-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi guys, its Monday afternoon already and I'm sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. I too am grateful for this group!

I had an very good weekend, I spent an afternoon on the beach with a friend whom I realized I've been avoiding all summer. We used to drink wine together, like all the time. It was really nice to catch up and I now realize that our friendship wasn't just about wine, it was the conversation and understanding of one another.

Last night, my son and I decided to go swimming in the lake. It was cold! His soccer ball was floating away, for some reason the current was pulling to farther away from shore, and he was genuinely upset about it, almost in tears. So I bravely jumped in the freezing cold water and swam out to get it! He was so happy because it was his favorite ball. We ended up staying in the water and played with the ball. Fun stuff. Ended the night with a bon fire and marshmallows. My son was supposed to sleep with me out in the tent, but he jammed. So it was just me and the dog, sleeping in the fresh air, only to be woken up early this morning by loud thunder and lightning! yikes.

Amp, your post from the other day brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy for you and your family.

SwimKim, it sounds like you are enjoying your vacation! I would go to Santa Claus beach if I was you, and build a sandman.

Cee, I am glad the skies are clearing in your neck of the woods! It's been a bit hazy here due to the forest fires south of the border.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

That's cool about your friend Cauliflower. I have also discovered that a lot of my relationships are not based only around wine or beer. I suspect that the one running to the bar was probably me!!!
Old 08-31-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Wow cauliflower. What an awesome beautiful day you had! Totally awesome.

The soccer ball reminded me of Castaway with Tom Hanks. WILSON!!!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Inc! I nearly choked on my cheetos! That is so funny, why didn't I think of that?! WILSON!
Old 08-31-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Good morning all, catch up laggers.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:01 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you ZaB

D
Old 08-31-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
good to hear from you ZaB