Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 7

Old 07-19-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support you guys I will stay close and start going over old posts to help put things into perspective.

Morning Zab
Old 07-19-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey Zab. Have a good day buddy. Going to bed at my end. So I'm waaay ahead of yeah. You're just getting up and I already lived a full day being sober. Lagger
Old 07-19-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

And goodnight in control
Old 07-19-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi All, Sunday night here. I'm feeling great after another sober weekend. I did some shopping today and bought myself a watch that I've been thinking about for some time. I realized later that it can be my 90 days sober present to myself I decided that's a great association to have with something that I will wear everyday. I'm really happy that I made it through the cravings last week. I hope you all had a great weekend as well and a great sober week! As always, thank you for being my rock - I could not do this on my own!
Old 07-19-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Goodnight Lilly (hugs)
Old 07-19-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Wow swim! That's an awesome idea!
Old 07-19-2015, 09:36 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good night all, see you on the other side.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:01 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Morning!
Old 07-20-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Here we go. Another day of freedom.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Wow! Had my mother-in-law staying for the last few days. Really identifying with all those jokes and stereotypes right now! If there's anyone who can turn a positive into a negative on the drop of a hat it's this woman! Thankfully haven't felt the urge to drink. Wish I could say I've been as in control of my uncharitable thoughts!

This afternoon the five hour drive back to the village and a 6 day stay up there with her! You may have to put up with a bit of venting from me over the next few days!!!!

All the best for a great day!

A
Old 07-20-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

image-2955524759.jpg
Old 07-20-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
OMD

Morning!
All well on Planet OMD. Nice to see everyone is in good shape, ready to take on the week. And congratulations to you 90-dayers! We are A grade students

Had a very nice weekend. Clear headed, lots of fun, good stuff all round

Best wishes
OMD
Old 07-20-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Haha Amp- Vent away. My mother in law is the type that is so overly nice it makes me angry. I guess it's just the nature of the relationship. Hope It's not too stressful.

Morning everyone
Old 07-20-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
Here we go. Another day of freedom.
Yes! 90 days for me today. I never in a million years thought it could happen to me, but with a little luck, perseverance, gratitude, and this group, I made it!

It has not been easy as I've had my days of breakdowns and and days of thinking that sober living is just not possible for me. But, after many false starts I truly believe I am on my way down the sober path and that breaking free from addiction is a reality.

This weekend I was out shopping with my husband and on the way home he was going to stop at the liquor store to buy wine. I asked him why, and he said because we don't have any and we might need some for company. I just about cried! In a panic, I said, NO! If you buy wine I'll drink it. (I'm really not sure if I would, but I don't want to chance it.) He laughed, and said, I thought you quit? We didn't discuss it further, and he didn't stop, thankfully. He doesn't understand addiction, and he doesn't think I have a problem. Bless him, I love him, but wow.

Last night, my sister came over for dinner with her new roommate and they brought a bottle of wine. They enjoyed a glass with dinner, and you what, the AV was quiet. I didn't even think about having wine, but I sent them on their way with half a bottle of wine, because I don't need the temptation.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...k-where-i.html

This was my first post in Sober Recovery back in January. I seems I would quit for a bit, then start drinking for another three months, digging myself even deeper in the hole, then quit once again. This time, I grateful that the last three months were sober! Tears are streaming now...not sure where they are coming from, but I am truly happy! These last 3 months have been a roller coaster, like everyone here, I've been through a lot with you guys by my side! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

To the Next Three Months!
Old 07-20-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Cauliflower!! You should be very proud of yourself. 90 days is a huge accomplishment, especially from the place you were before of drink, sick, rest, repeat. Here's to 90 more sober days!
Old 07-20-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Well done to you Cauliflower! There was a large group here at the end of April, now we are this close-knit team of survivors. Everyone here has done something amazing!
Old 07-20-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Well done to you Cauliflower! There was a large group here at the end of April, now we are this close-knit team of survivors. Everyone here has done something amazing!
That is absolutely 100% true. I am currently confident but aware that my choice is not between having a drink or not, but between going back to how I was or not. Simple.

OMD
Old 07-20-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Congrats cauliflower. Now - catch up laggers.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi, All. I hope everyone is well. I did some reflecting today on where I was when I was drinking...as I was out on my lunchtime walk I passed the liquor store that I used to stop at on my way to the train after work. The lady who worked there got to know me quickly (knew that I never needed a bag because I'd hide the four-pack of mini bottles of wine in my lunch bag and purse). I had about a 35 minute ride on the train in which I got to the point that I was drinking two of the bottles and then driving home from the station. Beyond the limit for a DUI? Likely. I'd then drink the other two bottles at home (hiding them from my bf in the bathroom sink and drinking them in the shower because I thought it would hide the smell). Try and avoid him the rest of the evening so he wouldn't outright question me if I was drunk. That was a sad and pathetic place to be. I'm glad to not put myself and others at risk by driving buzzed/drunk. I'm so ashamed of that.

I'm grateful for my sobriety and the opportunities that I've been given for a meaningful life. Thinking of you all tonight!
Old 07-20-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Morning Zab!

Congratulations to all! We are an amazing group.

I am heading to bed. I celebrated tonight with a spa night at home, bubble bath, classic rock and candles. I cranked the music and sang my heart out. I didn't care who heard me, I have nothing to hide anymore!

My step mother, who is a back stabbing narcissist and my dad are visiting in a couple days. I feel just OK about it. No anxiety or anything, but its the first visit from them since I quit...and I never told them I quit either.

I had a super lazy day today, so tomorrow I will be busy playing catch up. I feel guilty for sluffing off, but at least I wasn't hung over. Mondays have always been a problem for me! Some things never change.

OK, lights out...good night.