View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Angie247

Swimkim, that's great about your sleeping. I know I'm getting a lot better sleep nowadays too. I hope you enjoyed your swim. That sounds so relaxing.

Cauliflower, I'm sorry about the step-monster but I'm very glad that you're letting it go. I know it's been very hard on you but like you said you cannot control how she acts and does. My only experience was having an monster in law who is now an ex monster in law. She and her son have scared me off even thinking about dating. She said and did a lot but I guess one thing that set me off the most was her trying to get my son's name changed on the birth certificate when I was in the hospital to a name she liked. She would constantly make me feel bad about being shy and would nit pick and tell me what I should have said or did to make her happier. She would complain that I didn't call her enough then it was that my mother didn't call her enough. Toward the end of the relationship, I refused to try much because all she did was complain to her son that I wasn't doing enough to make her happier and wasn't talkative enough. I eventually gave up because some people just aren't worth the aggravation. It was always about her and I just didn't care anymore. I had to take care of myself because my blood pressure would spike with just thinking about calling her. The phone calls would be complaints about me or what my then husband wasn't doing right. She's just a miserable human being. I'm sorry that you have a negative person like that in your life but don't let her get to you. You're awesome!

Amp, so glad you're back safely and I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip. Hope you're able to get some really good rest.