Notices

Class of May 2015 Part 6

Old 07-21-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ginamarie323 View Post
Crickets....
GM323, that made me laugh out loud. I almost spit my morning coffee at the screen.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Not sure if you remember me...I only lasted a week before I convinced myself I could moderate again. Surprise surprise it did not work. So I am back at this sober thing hopefully for good this time. I only say hopefully because I'm scared to death I am going to talk myself into moderating again. Ive made it clear no one is allowed to even offer me a beer ever again so that part is covered at least. I read a post earlier about newcomers dropping off and figured I'd post an update today instead of just reading posts like I have been the past few days.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hi Odis now! Glad you came back!
Old 07-21-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Oops, didn't mean to put a space in your name.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Welcome back Odisnow!
Old 07-21-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Hey, Odis, welcome back, good to see you! I tried moderating on and off for 7 years. Finally got the message!
Wishing you success this time around!
Old 07-21-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThursdayNight View Post
GM323, that made me laugh out loud. I almost spit my morning coffee at the screen.
Thank you TN! I wasn't sure what it meant. Jiminy Crickets? As in 'dang!'? I had to look it up online. I'm not up to date on things. I thought OP in SR meant 'outpatient' for awhile.

Last edited by KaleGrrl; 07-21-2015 at 09:56 AM. Reason: typo, had to add 1 more sentence to make sense.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

"Crickets" is the sound of crickets - no one is on line and you're pretty much in the forum alone. Sometimes people do the "crickets" noise when a joke falls flat and no one laughs.

Anyway, what the heck is OP? I'm still in the dark on that one. "Other Person"? "Outside Party"? "Ominous Presence"???
Old 07-21-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
nmd

todays's my second day of one cup of coffee, feeling pretty tired. Reflexively, I have in the past grabbed a coffee to feel better (or a drink when home). Got up and took a brief walk to the store for a snack and had some water. It seems like the first two days of reduced caffeine are the worst. I have no headaches, so hopefully this is the worst of the caffeine wd.

On day 2 sober. Thinking that posting twice, or at least once daily to keep myself honest for the next 30 days. The last post of the day just to signal "all clear", that I made it through the day without drinking. Hopefully, that won't be too much and we won't have to worry about crickets. :-o

I'll be out of town for the next two weeks starting this weekend with nothing more than a cell phone and sketchy service. I'll be checking in as much as possible.

Welcome back Odisnow! Trying to get back on track myself
Old 07-21-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThursdayNight View Post
"Crickets" is the sound of crickets - no one is on line and you're pretty much in the forum alone. Sometimes people do the "crickets" noise when a joke falls flat and no one laughs.

Anyway, what the heck is OP? I'm still in the dark on that one. "Other Person"? "Outside Party"? "Ominous Presence"???
OP is Original Poster (of a thread). Ominous Presence made me laugh--never thought of that one.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Yay on day 2, nmb! It'll be great hearing from you daily if you can. Hope you have a nice time out of town. Sounds like you're doing well with the decreased coffee. Wishing you good sleep each night!
Old 07-21-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Welcome back odisnow! I remember when you were posting. Nice to have you here again.

Nmd, I think checking in is a good plan. I check in on here, on the 24 hour thread first thing in the morning, and the gratitude thread at night. T only takes a minute but really gets my head in the right place both to start and finish the day on here.

Good job on 16 kale! You sound a little different this time around. No reason it can't stick if you just do today what you did yesterday to stay sober, like Casey always says!

I'm slowly melting in Italy for the next few days, but it's gorgeous here! Good thing I preferred beer over wine or this would be one heck of a test haha
Old 07-21-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Hey, Site, enjoy Italy!!! Sounds wonderful. Hope to get there some day.
And thanks. I feel different. I've lost few pounds, too. Thought I'd lose more but I've been a bit of slug in the last week (just tired).
Old 07-21-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Kalegrrl ohhh i miss farmers markets. We don't have them here in the Caribbean. We have more local fruit stands w/ the regular mangoes , breadfruit etc. & a great fish market early early mornings. I really miss north america for the lovely fresh produce. Sad because we get pretty much everything imported here on the island so all that great fresh produce you have there sits on a container to reach us. So summers back home for all the fresh produce is def something i miss most.
Btw everyone, i had to laugh today because i thought of everyone here 2x's today.. 1st i was walking in the grocery store & burst out laughing through the liquor aisle (last nights convo) & 2nd this evening a lady near me was drinking a glass of wine & i was very tempted to ask her to sniff it! Lol lol Part of me wanted to do it just to see the shocked look on her face!! By next week Monday i will overcome my fear of the smell of wine & will find a glass to sniff!!
Anyways, it's only been a few days since i joined SR & really am happy i did. The small conversations i've had & people i've met so far are wonderful. Great support system going on here! Thanks & hope everyone is having a fabulous evening
Old 07-21-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
nmd

Heading to bed, spent the night getting ready and packing for two weeks. Scout camp with my kids then a family trip. I'll need to find a laundromat mid way.

Site, i like your plan, different threads to begin and end the day. Enjoy Italy even if it is hot!
Old 07-21-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Old 07-21-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Just got home and exhausted.....Hope everyone had a great day
Old 07-21-2015, 11:22 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Allo - just a quick check-in.

Again, not much to report, really. Just a week now until I hit my initial 90 day target - now I'm REALLY starting to feel different - tiredness is a LOT less of an issue now, due in part to eating more than I was.

Then this time next week, I'll be heading off for a long weekend in Pai.

Glad everyone's still doing good - lifes been pretty busy here.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:06 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Pixie, that's too bad about the fruits and vegetables! I never thought about them having to be shipped. Although living in the Caribbean doesn't sound bad, even without farmers markets! I suppose it's different living there than it is visiting though.

Glad things are going well AGAG! Are you still thinking of moderating after 90 days or are you going to stay sober? Or maybe just play it by ear?

Kale I'm just now starting to lose a few pounds. I thought they would drop off like they seem to for everyone else, but I guess not! I've always been in pretty good shape though, even when drinking. I just figured not having all those extra calories would make a big difference! Maybe I should lay off the candy some
Old 07-22-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Casey, no offense taken whatsoever. I PMd you so that you would share so that nobody worried. I did that for a reason.

I miss you guys! It's been like half a week and it feels weird to not check in.

Yes responsible drinking is my current choice and all was going well until tonight (husband's bday) and he drank "death bombs"! Barf!!!

Made him a total a$$hole and then he left.

Super horrible because I was doing really well at being responsible.

Not fair...just sayin