Notices

Class of May 2015 (Part 4)

Old 06-02-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Re-Member

And valid answer. I work around alcohol on a daily basis so understand your dilemma at least somewhat. Though luckily my exposure is at least all outside my home. But it's my job and it's all I really know how to do that brings in enough money for me to live on for now. Though getting out of the restaurant/bar business is definitely on my midterm goals.

If your husband has been open to removing booze from the house before, maybe that's something to be considered again? At least for the short term. Sounds like an awfully close call at lunch today. Glad you pulled thru and thanks for answering my question.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Note to self :
Self, thank you for not killing me slowly by drinking, today. Pls continue to ask for help, then ask again, and again if needed, because my life and the people who depend on me need me here for them. Thank you for not affecting my workday or life in any negative way by guzzling vodka to hide from things. Please do me a favor and don't drink tomorrow either. My life basically depends on it.
Oh yea....... Come off with that 5 grand, you're hiding somewhere to spring on me!!! Haha
Old 06-02-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Sober, but so tired.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Still feeling a little down. Time to lay down and read until I fall asleep. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better tomorrow, too, Allie.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Goodnight, everyone. Big huge (((HUGS))). Copper, you're welcome.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I'm checking in again.Was one hell of a day. It feels like I got more things done in this one day than I have in the past month. And it came down to being sober, being honest about yourself and being in tune with others.
I got so much support from this class, can't thank you guys enough.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Cissy. Sleep well.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wrapping up day 26 here. Nice calm day mostly consisting of reading on the beach. My tan is coming along nicely except for a slight sunburn on my right knee. Must have missed that spot with my suntan lotion. On the plus side, I did not get eaten by an alligator.

Thanks again to every one who posted in here today. You've helped keep me sober one more day. Thank you for that! Sleep good everyone.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hit the 1 moth mark today. And day 2 without smoking.

Getting there slowly but surely

Have a awesome day all.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

That's ******* awesome, Freedom - well done indeed!

Just checking in, tomorrow morning I wake up to 5 weeks sober and smoke-free - huge thanks to everyone here, without SR and this class, there's no way I'd have made it this far.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Good evening. Firstly great news from everyone. Well done to all for the daily struggle of making it to the next day. You're strength is amazing.
As for me... well...
well, yes. I didn't make it to 6 days. I had all the best intentions and even better reasons but i failed. The night before last my husband told me were having people over (we haven't had people over for ages so WHY this week?). I wanted to get through at least a week to prove to myself I can start this then start to tell me people that i haven't drunk for a week and want to continue. Not a good plan.
Last night, at the get together for my husbands staff, i was presented a bottle of wine. I thanked them, but said I wasn't drinking at the moment, so please enjoy. For three hours i really enjoyed being a nice and helpful host. I was looking forward to writing about it on here.
The man who gave me the wine said he bought it for me and wanted to know what i thought. So if we could just have one "kampai" (cheers). I said no a few times then he begged (yes literally begged) and i reluctantly said yes. I had the sip of wine and "conveniently" lost it for half an hour. If I had left it at that, i would still be disappointed but not as much. Of course i finished it and asked for more. The End. My AV is trying to convince me that i didn't drink that much last night, but the first sip was enough.
I didn't not have a plan to deal with it. In retrospect, I should have thanked him profusely but today i will celebrate with my juice. I need to really really get it that i am in trouble and cannot continue doing this. I also must be open about my plan to stop. I need to come out so people around me understand and accept my decision. I must accept it too.
I have a lot of reading ahead of me and actually pen to paper plans.
i understand many people are in a sensitive place right now at about the 3 -4 week mark.
I really appreciate all of your support. I will join the June class now being wiser and more prepared.
Thank you again to everyone for sharing your experiences both good and bad. Hope you all stay together for a long time.
Thank you
Old 06-03-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Congrats to all that have made it even 1 day. I'm headed into my second week and feeling ok. AV was strong yesterday and I was even at the cooler door in the store before stopping but I made it despite watching wife get drunk. I have work to do today for my sponsor (I don't go to AA anymore but we are still friends). This will be good as I am a hermit and have been eating too much.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Day 27: kidz summer

I had to figure my day based on Casey, who I seem to be on the same sobriety streak with.

School is winding down; kids' end of year activities, award ceremonies, summer athletic teams, camping plans, etc...etc....

Too busy for alcohol. I only drink when I'm bored or have down time & right now I have neither.

Good luck to all.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 27 here. Nothing planned. More vacation. Didn't sleep real good last night so I bet a nap or two will happen.

Congrats to Freedom1982 on 30 days and 1000 nights of continuous sobriety. Great job!

Sorry you drank SandyO but glad you came right back in. I know you said you're joining the June class but hope you'll keep checking in with us.

Good morning to everyone else. Wishing you a safe and sober and joyous day!

Edit: Post #800!
Old 06-03-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I finally have a therapist appointment! It isn't until next week but that's ok. I am just glad it is scheduled. :-)
Old 06-03-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good on you, AllieK! Big step forward!
Old 06-03-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.
Freedom congrats on 30 days!
SandyO I'm also sorry you drank. I do hope you will continue to post with us and tell us how things are going. You can do this, just keep adding things to your plan!

Day 10 here, I'm glad to be in the double digits again. AV was flirting with me a bit yesteday but I got through. It was a busy day so that was helpful.
Tonight is normally date night but my MIL (our babysitter) is out of state at s funeral. It kind of stinks that our week won't be broken up with a break. But we will be going out Friday night as it is our 14th anniversary. Hubby forgot last year so I think he is going make it up to me this year. We take 2 of my boys to camp on Sunday. I think that is my next big hurtle. I normally buy beer and drink on the way home after we drop a kid off. We will drop off/pick them up 5 times this summer. Last year was 6 times. I think I only didn't drink 2 times. So I need to make a plan this time that will ensure I won't stop at a gas station.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

ChickChick, congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! 14 years is spectacular! I hope your hubby surprises you with an amazing evening. Have you got any ideas as to your plan for these trips? I'm not sure the distances you are traveling but perhaps you could bring a cooler full of your favorite nonalcoholic drinks and good snacks for when/if cravings hit. Also, for bathroom breaks maybe stop at a restaraunt or somewhere similar to avoid temptation. I'm confident you can do this sober.

Allie, forgive me if I missed it, did you say if you are feeling better today? I surely hope so! Way to go on setting up your therapy session.

Ginamarie, did you get a better night's rest?

Casey, enjoy your naps! Make sure you sunscreen up proper today and keep up the good work on not getting eaten!!

Congrats to those who hit that one month and beyond mark. Also to all who are sober today.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking Copper. I feel a little bit better. Still anxious though. How are you today?