Really hot day today
Old 06-18-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Magsie

Zippy, they're taking over, lol.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Do your best

Need to buy a new charger for my phone & tablet as im using gr phone gets me used to mobile use which is good

Waiting to watch celebrity masterchef Mrs sw loves it
Old 06-18-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Soberwolf, love the oceanic graphic!
Old 06-18-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you OLL
Old 06-18-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Painted my bedroom over the last couple of days. It was 1/2 finished from a couple years ago, no doubt because I got drunk and did not finish it and didn't care. Local paint store had a 50% off sale so I decided to finally do it.

Nice to have just one color now.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nice one drake! Especially at half the price, bargain!

Have you watched it all yet, wolfie? Lost, that is. Wolfie, you could've done with a shop like drake just used, 50% off!
Old 06-18-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Toots - I hope you enjoy your run.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:09 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi folks

Zip it could well be! I think I have done 5 k but I'm not sure, I don't have a measure for my distance and my app is set on time, but I have jogged further than the time on the 5k app so hope so!

Think of me all at 11 am GMT tomorrow!

Drake I hope you didn't have weird dreams sleeping with paint fumes!

I trust y'all are doing okay and have a good weekend planned.

I've been a little down, a young friend I am extremely fond of on the Undies thread would have been coming up for a year tomorrow and I was so happy for her as she had struggled time and again with getting past the three month stage. I was really excited about welcoming her here. But yesterday she wrote she had drank the night before and was back at day one.
For myself I was frustrated, I wanted to shake her til her teeth rattled! For her I am deeply disappointed, as I know she is. I specify, I am disappointed for her, not in her. She is precious to me, and I will do what I can to support her through and back on her feet, she is determined not to let this one slip turn into a binge, but I feel for her and it was playing on my mind all day yesterday.
I know we can't control others or what they do, only our own feelings around it. But my feelings are a little low.
I truly hate this addiction and what it does to us, how it can manipulate us and the fact that each day has to be a constant vigilance against its insidious infection.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:57 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's hard to watch people that we care about stumble again for sure - but none of us really knows what it will take for someone to reach that point where it truly is never again.

All we can do is share our experience and hope it helps someone.

The way I figure it is people have a lot more likelihood of finding that point on a site like this

D
Old 06-19-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Old 06-19-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

sorry to hear about your friend toots
Old 06-19-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Drake, that's a great deal on paint! What's the color?
Toots, I'm sorry to hear about your friend and that you're feeling down for her. I hope your run goes great on Sunday. I'll be excited to hear about it!
I got some more perennial flowers from a relative yesterday for my yard. Between those and some from my neighbor, I've saved so much money and really added color to my yard. Hopefully they continue to thrive and multiple.
I'm working for a few hours today while my mom watches LO.
Then we have a nice weekend planned.
Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 06-19-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

I have a fawn colored pug dog, and pugs shed like crazy. So everything has seemed to turn brown or beige to match. Sherwin Williams "Sand Dollar" is the name.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Toots (sorry about your friend) & yes when i buy paint i normally shop around half price is always awesome way to go Drake !!

I watched Lost from start to finish i absolutely loved it so many ppl complain but for me i thought it was awesome they could of handled the episode 'Across the sea' a lil better but thats only me nitpicking overall id give it 10/10 5***** 100% it was the only thing ive ever watched like that before

Even with breaking bad i watch it most weeknights on spike uk but with lost there is no way i could do that i think watching the way i did from start to finish i appreciated it more. I remember getting on it when it first dropped in 04 but stopped at the end of season 1 im so glad i went back (scuse the pun rofl)

Shouldnt say this but today i actually have used the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 24 as lottery numbers this weekend

What would Hurley say......lol

On another note carpet wasnt there so will have to save a lil extra & buy it myself next week, at least the room is painted window woodwork is varnished & the new bed arrives tomorrow

Sun is shining got 2 fans as defence lol looking forward to a homemade fried chicken dinner the weather is too nice not to

Spk soon guys
Old 06-19-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Soberwolf I didn't know you already finished Lost! It is so enthralling. I came in at season 3 and bunge watched all the way through. Having to switch to watching one episode per week was torture!! I have to admit I still don't get the ending, haha. I won't say anything to spoil for others though. I'm OK with not getting it though. Because some people were outraged about it and I'd rather just have the memory of loving all the rest of it. I just don't think there ever has been or ever will be anything like it. The cast of characters were just so perfect. Some time far in the future I will get lost in it all again. I have the DVD set.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Do your best

I loved the ending i cant explain it either but i really loved every season

There will never be a show like lost again so glad you enjoyed it too

When i finished watching i was satisfied not sad but happy to have watched it
Old 06-19-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Toots - best wishes for Sunday! My sister's sister-in-law lost over 100lbs through diet and running and only recently completed her third marathon - she is going over to the US to run the Chicago one next!! It is all sooo possible for anyone who really wants it...

Me, I have not exercised anything like that today - however, I splurged on pizza and soft cookies with my daughter for dinner this evening and we both completely enjoyed it, so life is not bad at all Tomorrow is clean out the guinea pigs and cut the grass and tidy and clean and hoover and ..... later 'do the flop' on the sofa
Old 06-19-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Drake, Sand Dollar sounds quite tranquil
Old 06-19-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs.

Wolfie, OLL I liked the ending of lost, too. It all fell into place.

Toots, your friend seems to have grit and tenacity. To start again is No mean feat, I imagine. I don't think I could do it.

At work today there was a lot of laughing as people were looking at a video on their mobiles, not an unusual occurrence, but someone brought over the video for me to watch telling me some drunk with his pants down in the middle of the high street, in broad daylight, was soiling himself . They thought it was funny, I refused to watch but my heart went out to this anonymous man who would probably not remember any of what happened unless he saw himself all over Facebook. Hopefully it has been banned. So sad.