Notices

One Year & Over Part 26

Old 06-14-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Mags i love birds and birdwatching. What types of birds do you get in your yard? What part of the world are you in?
We get lots of crows and ravens :-/ sparrows, robins, hawks, jays, i think we even saw a vulture on a hike a couple weeks ago. (We were on the hike, not the vulture! ) and i got to see some sharp-tailed grouse doing their mating dance in a field it was so cool!
also i have heard ruffed grouse doing their thumping. It's a neat area around here.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

IP you are sounding really positive just now! Good to hear you are focussing on yourself, 30 runs in 30 days is brilliant!

Wolfie, you wield a mean paintbrush sweetie, jobs a good'un!

A nice sunny Monday morning here too, would be more awake but hubby's sleep apnea kept me awake most the night. Now I have to try to find the energy for a run. Will just make it short today I think!
Old 06-15-2015, 01:22 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
A picture from my weekend, the weather wasn't nice believe it or not we stayed dry. Helvellyn is in the middle somewhere.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Toots, have a great day everyone
Old 06-15-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sounds lovely there in par, I'm in Lincolnshire in UK. Birds we get on our tree, let me see. Goldfinches, greater spotted woodpeckers, sparrow,robins, green finch, blue tit, jackdaw, pigeons, doves, jays, magpies, starling, blackbird, jackdaw. Wren in the bushes, pheasant and his 4 females, lol. Many more. We also had a sparrow hawk trying to hunt but we have the table where he can't swoop onto it , near the tree and bush so the little ones have a quick escape.
Vulture on a hike! Lol.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

sobe, it's almost ready for the cover of House Beautiful
Old 06-15-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Cool mags I'll look those up--some a familiar we have them here too.
i saw some red-winged black birds (?) At a lake, they were very cool.
Pheasant i don't think we have.
I am cautiously happy right now toots things are okay at the moment. I'm really enjoying this time of being settled and no crisis going on....but you know maybe that's just how life is now??? I'm just so used to #$/& hitting the fan all the time but perhaps it doesn't have to be like that. Uh oh i shouldn't have said that! Knock on wood! How was the run toots? My 30 in 30 has been great so far, just what the doctor ordered.
Have a great monday everybody. Busy one for me and my "friend who is a man" is coming to see me tonight yay. He lives kinda far and works alot so i don't see him much.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Rusty, i finished sanding the window frame work which leaves me with a bit of varnishing still waiting on the call about carpet in fact im going to call about now

Spk soon guys
Old 06-15-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Do your best

Got through & im meeting up with him tomorrow

Hopefully a result !
Old 06-15-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all!
Drying here, the River flooding finally going down over in Shreveport/Bossier City right next to us. Rain forecast so we can hope this week is all thunder little rain.

Oll,
I try once a week or two but I can't reply in a timely fashion either. But I really think all here know we cherish them, though less prodigiously. One trip planned to go laser spinal for two operations. Beyond that we will see. We already traveled full time for seven years. Might sell out and go again.

FBL,
Classic Carson and Webb. What's not to love!

Dee,
Glad you are.

Toots,
Books too? Dang!

Wolf,
Nice job bud! Sobriety results don't get much nicer than stepping back from good work done DIY with professional results! Years of enjoyment for a little work. Kind of like recovery.

Hey Mags!
Funny how some feel too little, others too much, but don't give us who think they are just perfect as they are any credibility at all! In-credible! We all can find fault when we are all about ourselves. Just be, like you do here, and see. Lovely people will pop up everywhere who themselves just needed one who is too much, to engage their too little, arm and arm.

Beautiful Andy!

Hi Gil!

Hi Dot!

Hi FG!

IP,
The proverbial excrement will hit the rotating surfaces regularly in every life. Sober we can deal and just turn off the fan. The excrement will still need to be disposed of sensibly. But we can keep it away from the fan sober. In your case you seem to be outrunning it!

I've got to go do some "rat killing" (running errands for those on the weong side of the ponds) and finish up the RV with a bit more preventive maintenance then we will be ready for the house if it dries enough to move the RV and trucks without sinking.

My yard is trimmed and gorgeous again after almost six months of flooding rains. Have my kiddos stopping by tonight or tomorrow to see the finished projects. My SH, the retired professional house trim carpenter is putting her tools back to work and has crafted a gorgeous large sofa table from solid cherry. It weighs a ton. It is sitting in the hall awaiting the new house. She redid the Queen headboard in the RV and is redoing the curtains today. I have to work up the initiative to get on the roof and service the Air Conditioner, then sanitize the fresh water tank and lines, water heater, flush the chlorine out, sweeten the tank with some bicarb, and clean/flush the black and gray tanks. Then we're ready when the ground dries enough..
Old 06-15-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Itch

& rather than meet him tomorrow i met him today we may be carpeting tomorrow depending on stock if its there its getting done really really happy

This is working out nicely as i may even get wooden flooring for the rest of the house depending

Have a nice evening guys
Old 06-15-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Do your best

I forgot to say Inpar since we have put 2 bird feeders in our garden we attract a lot of magpies, wood pigeons & lil birds that i dont know the name of

Really cool giving birds food
Old 06-15-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks itchy. Sounds like things getting back to normal for you and sh.

Wolfie, talking of birds and want yo attract some really pretty ones (not that they all are) and if you want goldfinches, they're gorgeous little bright birds, (look like tiny parrots and tiny woodpeckers, slightly smaller than sparrow, buy sunflower hearts (not sunflower seeds) and ***** seeds. They'll be there quick as a flash. Wooden floors, I love em, hubby doesn't tho.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Magsie

Inpar, the red wing blackbird very striking with that flash of red. We've not got them in our area. These little birds who visit us can be so tiny but so perfectly formed with an abundance of colours , gorgeous.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I have one particular loud and tuneful bird that sings under my window at stupid o'clock every morning. I don't want to feed him.....I want to pluck him!!!!! Haha we have ****, finches and robins, sparrows wood pigeons ( they fly into our windows with an almighty thud that scare the living day lights out of you... They are usually too stupid to hurt! I have to be careful putting food out, if the gulls see they flock and take everything. I had a male pheasant for a while with a bad leg called Arthur ( 'half a' leg) but I think a fox or cat finally did for him. We get ring necked doves too.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

We have sparrows visiting our lupin flowers at the moment I can't see what they are getting but it must be good.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I'm a bit of a "bird nerd" myself. Here is SE Wisconsin we have all kinds of birds flying around. Some of the ones I see the most are sparrows, robins, cardinals, blue jays, crows, wrens, chickadees, red-winged blackbirds, hawks, goldfinches and ravens. Being next to Lake Michigan, we also get our share of waterfowl, including seagulls, ducks, geese, coots, storks and herons. If I'm lucky, I also get a rare glimpse of a wild turkey or an owl on my early morning "nature walks".

Have a great Tuesday, overs!
Old 06-16-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Do your best

Loving the bird talk & thanks Mags i did buy a block of mixed seeds aswell as a feeder but they didnt take so im definitely going to get sunflower hearts thank you

Ripped up the gripper rods & the old carpert but havnt heard from my friend hopefully today or tomorrow

Have a great day Overs
Old 06-16-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

We're kinda bird lovers here too. We have a bird feeder that suction cups to our kitchen window so we can really get a good look. We also recently put up a hummingbird feeder which started attracting them within three hours. A couple years ago we had a family of owls including four babies in our trees. They were so adorable!!
Just plugging along in life here. We have some nice lunch plans today if all goes smoothly.
Hope everyone has a nice day.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Despite being in the middle of the city, we have a large number of birds that visit our leafy garden; cardinals, doves, robins, sparrows, gold and purple finches, blue jays, blackbirds and occasional crows. We have a neighborhood red tail hawk that visits from time to time and have heard but not seen an owl hooting away.

In the winter, it is not unusual to see doves by the dozens roosting on the window ledges of the south side of the building, protected from the cold north winds and snow.

We also have tons of bats, which I find fascinating.

As with OLL above, plugging along here. Doing a bit of painting as the continual rain makes outdoor work difficult.

Overs