One Year & Over Part 26

Old 06-16-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good evening Overs.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Do your best

Its so warm tonight so we have decided on getting a ceiling fan for the room were doing up

Got a call from my friend & hopefully we can carpet tomorrow as long as there is underlay were all set otherwise il wait on a delivery
Old 06-16-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all,
Yep we get birds and tried to feed them but the yard rats manage to climb up and get all the food! We gave up on bird feeding except humming birds. But since we have flowers and plants and figs and acorns we get a lot of heron, hawks, Cardinals on their way north, Jays, Turkey and Turkey vultures. The rest are colorful and some sing but I can't tell what they are. Our resident Fox and Coons, as well as hawks and bobcats keep the populations down but our Rabbits are really repopulating fast now with the drought over, and the opposite problem with too much water nowadays.

Rain again today. "It came a gullywasher" as they say here. ( visibility 50 feet max) The construction engineer for the house stopped by to see our state of dryness and we are at least two weeks out before this afternoon's monsoon.

I ordered the Channel Master no subscription DVR and 60 mile range omnidirectional antenna to put up when the house is here. We are no longer willing to pay cable TV fees. Free OTA (Over The Air) 22 channels here and streaming the rest from Netflix and Amazon Prime is more than we need. I had the house prewired for TV and Ethernet despite our going all wireless for the household Internet save my main system next to the router. I also have a new ac router to set up, so the first few months after moving all our stuff from the trailer to the house will be busy setting up our new tech toys. We put a new 40" TV in the RV and our house spare bedroom 22" TV for guests in the RV bedroom. All are working and get all the channels with the batwing RV antenna from Winegard that they all come with it seems. They have a built in amplifier and are directional if needed. For my US friends in cities and near one I went to YouTube and found a bunch of homemade HDT antennas that are cheap and easy to make and seem to do as well as the fancy one I ordered. We'll see because I will build one for my workshop and office outbuildings, and see which I like best. that will be in the fall or next spring. New projects not happening for a while.

But having them get closer to putting the house in, we started boxing and packing for the move. We might actually have a smooth go. If not, I'm sober, I'll ignore the things I cannot change, and fix the stuff I can.

Be happy! (Failing that, live well, it's the best revenge)
Old 06-16-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, hope you're all well.

I love the talk about birds, we don't have humming birds here they look gorgeous creatures. Sorry about the bird seeds put in stars, it is actual seeds you can buy for goldfinches.

Fbl, ceiling fan good idea unless sensitive to the noise of the blades in the night. We had one for a while, does the job.

Well, the suns up, it's Wednesday, I think of toots when I say Wednesday, hump day. Come to think of it, you guys are part of my life even when I'm not at my iPad writing. I like that. I seem to have some inner peace, it's a good feeling.

Speak later.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Had a spike of dark feelings last night, gone now. Where do they come from?

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry Treerat

There was a beautiful wood pigeon in my garden becoming less afraid until my dog ran out like a nutter and it flew off ce la vie lol

Got a txt this morning hoping to do the carpeting in the afternoon
Old 06-17-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Happy Hump Day Mags!
It's one of those things I picked up in America, I love celebrating the day in the middle of the week that we all used to hate!

Andy I hope you feel more balanced now. Emotions are a big part of who we are, and I guess we have to take the bad to enjoy the good.

All ok in Tootsville on the final countdown to my run, I have 2 practice runs left then a day off the DDAy on Sunday
Old 06-17-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a great hump-day, overs!
Old 06-17-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

we have a rare breed of bird around town

the north american pecker-head

can be seen in long lines & in traffic jams
Old 06-17-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Do your best

Grrrrrr they dont have the carpet but have the gripper & underlay cheapest i can get carpet for so far is £70 and my friend is now talking about price for the gripper & underlay

Holding out for a phonecall but might have to fork out full price

Ce la vie is becoming the theme for today
Old 06-17-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Bummer! I hate when people dangle hope in front of me, and then they don't deliver!
Old 06-17-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

HAPPY HUMP DAY EVERYONE.
Haha you guys are making me chuckle this morning. SW your dog running like a nutter....american pecker-head, we get those in canada too they are the Great Northern pecker-head. Spotted pulling quads and motorboats up the highway behind their lifted fords.
Mostly on weekends.
Treerat hope you feel better today. Those dark thoughts come and go. I find that if i keep busy they don't come aroud so much. Or else I write them down. Writing always helps me.
mags--so glad you found some inner peace. That is so wonderful. I think it is the most important thing we can strive for don't you? Everything else stems from how we feel inside. I haveflashes of it....i think it is a reward of extended sobriety!
I am loving all the bird talk! My favourite bird is the Mountain Chickadee. Otherwise known as the "cheeseburger bird". If you listen to its call you'll know why. I love it.
Itchy your description of your wildlife makes me smile. Really makes me want to live in the country. I kind of do i guess though it is not unusual to see moose or deer in the parks by my house. I have to watch out while i walk my dog!
I am enjoying the time without my dog i have to say. So much spare time! I've been running every day it's great. Except for yesterday that is. I was home flat on my back with a messed up neck. Feels better today.
Toots what's the race you're running?
Have a good Wednesday overs. I'm starting mine with coffee from the french press, nick drake and you all. peaceful!
Old 06-17-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Do your best

Spoke to my friend and he said the gripper & underlay is £20 which is cheaper than the shop

But i didnt ask for that arrrrrgh i asked for carpet lol

£70 is a decent price if it comes to that but they get a delivery every month & ive said can you ask for a price

Collecting gripper & underlay friday & will find out if its worth waiting for the carpet

Ce la vie
Old 06-17-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Toots - born and bred Fifer, but lived in Clacks for about 5 years and in Edinburgh for about 10 years before that! Been back in Fife for about 7 or 8 years now
Old 06-17-2015, 10:47 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, well, she says, with smile on her face.

Andy, pleased it passed over , I think we may all have had them, fleetingly, but where they come from, who knows, as long as they don't stop and move on, or is it we don't stop and indulge it?

Inpar, I think my inner peace is flashes, too, but it did start me well for the day yesterday. Hope your neck is better.

Zippy, american pecker-head, you guys, lol. Come to think of it we have something like.

Toots, hope it all falls into place for the big day.

Itchy, has everything gone to plan?

And wolfie, bite the bulletand just pay for it.

Feeling-good, beautiful part of the world, you're in.
It's Thursday or Friday-eve, and again I'm feeling this peaceful feeling, though I don't Go rushing about in a morning before work anymore. I come here, listen to classical music on the radio alarm hubby(he's fell back to sleep) has playing and drink water then coffee. Get ready, feed the birds then scoot to work. That's drive, never scoot, metaphorically speaking.lol.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Magsie

Just looked up the Mountain Chickadee, lovely bird, listened to its sound but I don't get the cheeseburger bit?, Inpar.(thicky me).
Old 06-17-2015, 11:49 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Inpar - sorry to hear about your neck, hope it gets better soon.

I took along look inside to see if I could find the cause of my dark patch and found it came from me trying to control what someone else was going to do. I've given myself a slap.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:07 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
we have a rare breed of bird around town

the north american pecker-head

can be seen in long lines & in traffic jams
Zip, I didn't realise it was rare? Quite a common sight in Boston!!

Andy brilliant bit of self diagnosing and perfect treatment ( only needs repeating if a recurrence of symptoms!)

IP it's a 5k charity run in Dundee this Sunday. I hope your neck is ok now? I'm glad you are finding ways to enjoy your life when you don't have your dog there.

Molly and I have yet to bump into a moose on our travels, but we did see red deer twice last week.

Wolfie, if the carpet your getting is the type needing underlay, it'll be a real good quality one, worth 70 notes.

Long day today, our optometrist is having a Prada and RayBan ( other designers are available!) evening so I will be working on late then off to the station to collect hubby who is home early tonight. Tomorrow will be my last training run then off to see Gson in a school play. ( awww!)
Old 06-18-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hope your last practice goes well, Toots! Have you gotten up to the full 5K yet?

Have fun at the play!
Old 06-18-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

well said gilm!

mags, i peckers heads have gone world-wide!

toots, boston might be their breeding ground?