Notices

One Year & Over Part 26

Old 05-29-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hello. ♥

Sorry I disappeared. I just couldn't keep up with everything with all that was going on with me.

I think some of you know my dad died.

But this is not why I posted....I love you all, I miss you, and toots ~ I am sorry to hear about your godfather. (((hugs)))

I haven't read any posts...I will catch up when I can.

Huge hugs for everyone. ♥
Old 05-29-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Do your best

((((((Venuscat))))))
Old 05-29-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good to see you Venus!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sorry for your loss, toots.

Zippy, hope you're feeling back to normal, soon.

V, lovely to see you and sorry for the loss of your dad.

Been chucking it down here, sunny tomorrow and rain Sunday , for us anyway.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Toots I'm so sorry about your godfather.
Venus I'm also very sorry to hear about your dad.
I hope you both can find some peace in your grief.
RZ, hope the pills start working correctly or else that you don't them soon.
I'm just plugging away at another day. An opportunity came up for me to go back to work. I only work 5 hours a week since having my child. I just don't know what to do. So many variables and so many what ifs. I'm trying to just sit on it and see if the answer comes to me.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
instant

Thinkin of youse all- the sobriety train rolls on- in spite of it all.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Saturday morning overs, hope you're all as well as expected!

OLL, I'm sure the right decision for you will come to you over a new job.

Nice and sunny here at mo, only 6.15 am though, but it is supposed to be good all day.

My tomato plants are coming on but open to the elements so hope they're toughies.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sounds like things are tough, Instant. I hope they improve soon!
Old 05-30-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Cool and rainy here today...it sure does help to green things up, though.

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend...I sure could use it.

Have a great Saturday, gang!
Old 05-30-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

i'm back to ibru's 800mg

i yanked off the dry dressing last night

thought i would go through the roof!

a whole new fun level of pain!

as it pulled off lot's of dead skin

thats what the doc wanted

where have a heard about adversity? lol
Old 05-30-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

(((Zip)))
Old 05-30-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Oh euww Zip, thanks for that image!!

Gilmer, Mags thanks for the sponsorship. Xx
Old 05-30-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Rusty, sounds painful but like progress if that's what's the doctor wanted. Hoping for quick and continual improvement for you!
Today is a gorgeous day but I can't wait for it to be over. Family function with lots of reminders of things that hurt and bother me. I haven't had time to really prep myself with relaxing or treating myself well. So I just wanted to come here to put out into the universe that I'm stressed but trying to be calm, and I will not drink!!
Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I'll probably be on and off here all day, OLL!

Definitely sneak away and check in if you need to!
Old 05-30-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thinking of you and hoping things aren't too stress you for you OLL
Old 05-30-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I will definitely be poking in here often. That's the only I've gotten through weddings in the past. About to leave little one for the first time with new people. First time someone else will put her to bed. Just to go and paste a smile on my face somewhere I don't even wanna go. I feel awful but I feel like I lead a double life. Feeling one way and acting another. But I can't act how I feel. So am I feeling wrong? Ugh. Sorry if that doesn't make sense. I just find life easier when I can act how I feel and thus only put myself in situations where I can.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Wow guys, it sounds like there are some rough times going on for some people here. Please stick it through and know that lessons are learned from hardships.....I know that isn't helpful to hear sometimes.
But you are checking in here which means you're reaching out which means you're winning.
I had my three month review yesterday and it went well so that's a weight off my mind....I can relax and settle in.
I am settling in and enjoying it in a way I never have before....allowing myself to just enjoy focusing on my own needs and improving some things I've been wanting to work on like my health. Never gave myself much chance for that in the past as I was always looking for the next exit.
Of course though things are never really certain: I heard a rumour that our paper might close. So there's that but all I can do right now is just do the best I can. The best job I am able.
I've had some "love" troubles recently and almost drank, well came as close as I ever have since early days. My heart was broken and I was feeling desperate to not feel sad anymore. But I didn't....I just got through it and out to the other side and things are better now.
Anyway, (((hugs))) to everyone and take care of yourselves.
More work to do.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

(((InPar)))

Congratulation on your job review!
Old 05-30-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Toots and all concerned about the rain here, well, It is still pouring rain daily. Had thunder storms late yesterday and this morning more into the afternoon more than a couple of inches, 1.2 inches of rain fell today just in the AM. This is way past ridiculous. We've never experienced anything like this in the last 12 year here, or anywhere in our last 30 years. Hurricane Katrina whole the levee breach made the tornado terrible for New Orleans, it was just a light rain up here.

If you are struggling with sobriety hugs to you, all of you.

RZ what in tarnation you sick with? Hey I'm with you on the supposed pain pills. In my youth in the 60's, as a weekend hippie in Stamford and Greenwich Village as often as I could get away, I did every pill and substance we could eat or smoke, several more then once. Seconal and Tuinal were the downers back then and I tried them once and that was that. From 18 on I was military and did no drugs not prescribed and refused the downers when offered. They never stopped my pain, just made me not care. I most recently had Oxys prescribed three times in the last ten years and Lortabs once. I refused the Oxy scripts every time, and took one Lortab after knee surgery, and flushed the rest. My back and neck are pretty painful without my drugs. I take one baby aspirin a day and one 500mg Naproxin Sodium mornings, and another at night. (Industrial strength Alleve) I'll be glad to get surgery when we ever dry out and after moving from this place to the new one. I thought I'd have the house in two months ago, and be a month past surgery by now. All I'm waiting for is the rains to stop, or to get some divine blueprints!

Mags,
Hope you feel better, but getting up at Oark thirty doesn't work for me. Hope the exposed tomatoes in your life thrive.

Toots my condolences on your Godfather's passing.

The rain is not stopping, seriously.

Drake,
I can assure you I'm not your neighbor, the jury's still out on the nutty.

FBL nice Friday song!

Venus!
Good to see ya! Sorry about your dad. Hugs to you Venus

Probie I gotta tell ya that your not getting another sprout for missing daily check ins for the first year. Don't make me tell you again. That's how ya got on probation to begin with. It doesn't have to be hard, just mindful, in life.

OLL,
You'll get there. Congrats on the job offer! Remember doing nothing is a decision too.
You know what the problem with family is? Family!

Instant, bud,
Remember you've got pluck, go get the six string.

Hi Gil, Wolf!

My day will be spent in the confines of my workshop and RV. We are getting the new gel memory foam mattress (queen short, a hard to find RV only size) bed set up, as well as the bathroom shower curtain. SWMBO is making up her mind about replacing the existing ones but they washed up like new. Something about the females of the species, they nest. They nest no matter where you live. Then in a year they miss nesting again and go into nesting again replacing last year's expensive new furniture and all the wall hangings. The only thing that restricts them is the male of the species. I need to get on the roof and remove the shroud on the roof air conditioner and service the unit out cleaning the condenser fins and the inside of the water chamber and hose out all the accumulated dead bugs etc .

My truck is exposed to the weather because I can't get it in its carport with the trailer in the way. I can't drive around it without sinking in the mud and getting stuck. I hope to hail it doesn't hail! Waiting . . .
Old 05-30-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
instant

when the sober train stops at the homemade soup and crusty bread station life is not all bad.

Sunday mornings are special- it's raining so a great excuse to stay in an chill / vegetate /