Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 21

Old 06-07-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Morning all,

OBO, quitting smoking will be a huge achievement, I have every faith in you.

Rocks, that sounds like a wise step, I hope your bf sees a doctor this week.

Last night I read an article in the newspaper about the recent death of a former Lib Dem leader, Charles Kennedy. It seems that he died through alcoholism, after years of struggling to overcome it. He was only 56, with a 14 year old son. He must have had access to the best private clinics and therapists, but still chose alcohol over his life.

I'm thankful that all the Fools have chosen sobriety.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning Fools.

I hope you have better luck with quitting smoking than I seem to be having obo.

I hope your boyfriend sees a doctor soon rocks, you have enough to deal with with your sobriety and school. You don't need the stress of trying to help him quit.

Well, three nights in a row of using dreams. This is getting old real fast, especially considering they seem to be getting more intense as time goes by. My fear is that my subconscious is trying to convince me that it is OK to casually use. They say that when you relapse that you do it long before the physical act.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Hi UP, My guess is it would be good to be vigilant at the moment.
It's hopefully just a phase your subconscious is going through. I have had a few dreams which were alcohol related, but they seem to have stopped now. Hopefully yours will too.

Hope everyone's having a good start to the week.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Administrator

I actually never put much store in using or drinking dreams.

I still dream of high school but I never want to go back there.

I figure I drank for years - I have a lot of raw material for my subconscious to play with.

Look at this this way Up - if you're rattled by these dreams, that's probably a good thing - it's usually when folks get blasé about things that a return to addiction can occur.

D
Old 06-08-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Ugh ... seems like it never rains but it pours.
Getting ready to cut the grass and the mower breaks down then while trying to fix it I start getting light headed and dizzy. This on top of some problems with my personal life, I'm trying to have a positive attitude but it's getting really really hard.

C'est la vie
Old 06-08-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Thinking of you UP.....take it easy on yourself through this dark patch!!!

Exam invigilation, back later.....
Old 06-08-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Trying to obo. Didn't get finished working on the mower, hopefully tomorrow. Kept going and sitting down when I got lightheaded.
Now I'm wondering if it was low blood sugar.
It had been a while since I ate so I don't know.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Administrator

Eating something will help UP - I'm not diagnosing you at all, but a lot of us tend to be hypoglycemic

D
Old 06-08-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Thanks Dee. Ate a while ago.
If it acts up tomorrow I'll call the doctor.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hey fools,

Sounds like everyone's hanging in. How you feeling, Up? Rock- how are things with the bf?

What happened to Topspin?! Did I miss a post about him traveling?

ST- I'm glad the therapist is helpful. I keep saying I could use one too but never quite get around to making that happen.

Free- you have me wondering how many steps I take in a day! I read something about anything less than 10,000 meaning a sedentary lifestyle ?!

Adna- I think I read something a while back about you losing one of your dogs. My thoughts have been with you.

Obo! You sound so good! Anna is so lucky to have a daddy like you. Don't forget it!

Chick, luc, Mariah- everyone, check in when you can.

I'm getting ready to seriously waste some time watching some completely brainless tv. But I'm sober- so I guess it's not completely brainless!

❤️
Old 06-08-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hi izzy.
I'm here, just dealing. I don't know, what's the point.

My cable Internet has been down and probably will be the rest of the night, hopefully it will be back up tomorrow. At least I have my phone.

Sorry for my moodiness, probably part of the reason I seem to have driven the person who means so much to me away.

Sorry I'm being this way guys.
I'm going to try and relax and watch a DVD. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
Have a good night.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes the point is if you don't love ourselves, noone else will Up.
You deserve to treat yourself right

D
Old 06-08-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Hi Y'all,
Want to reconnect with this class if it is okay. Have to admit; I am one of those class slackers who sit in the back row and barely (or don't) get the assignments done. Yeah, sorry, I'm a teacher, so take this all way too literally...Anyway, am still trying to fight the good fight. Did quit on April 20-something for a month or so, but have since relapsed on-and-off.
So... I wish you all the best and hope you are okay with my identifying with this group.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Toki

D
Old 06-08-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.
What can I say? I'm a work-in-progress and I'm so happy that the SR folks (and you, of course) never, ever give up on anybody. So happy to be here.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hi Tokidoki, it's great to have you join us. Well done for getting back on track!

Izzy, I've been missing Tops too, not sure if he's away?

I've been told that 10000 steps is a good number to aim for. I think 2000 steps is considered sedentary. I seem to be averaging about 7000. My job let's me down because I spend so much time in the car, or sitting by the computer. I'm trying to compensate by going berserk on my days off and in the evenings, but I don't know if it's going to be sustainable when the novelty rubs off.

Having said that, I'm not sure that just measuring steps is a good enough measure, because it doesn't really show your actual activity level, for example, I spent a lot of energy cleaning the bathroom floor and that gave me no steps at all! I think a better way would be to measure how much time I spend sitting down, but I'm not sure how I could easily keep a record of that.

Hope everyone has a good day today.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Good job regardless Freen!

Up- no apologies for your moods pal it's part of life, I push everyone away when I feel like that too...slowly you can start letting people in when your in a vulnerable state...it helps...be good pal

Welcome back toki!

Everyone else <3 glad everyone is hanging in

Another day of work here....got a bunch of dental work yesterday and felt guilty by how much I enjoyed the nitrous lol...hey I couldent avoid it tho I squirm like a worm when I'm in the chair...glad that's out of the way and I have a nice white smile
Gonna take it easy have a 14 hour work day tomorrow, gonna tidy up the apartment after work and try to relax, in NY that's not always easy hahaha...be good everyone!
Old 06-09-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Welcome Toki- I'm a work in progress too. There's a lot of wisdom here though with SR- and the fools .

Up- I'm sorry it's been hard. Please be kind to yourself. You're still trying and learning- I bet breakthrough is just around the corner ...

Free- that's sounds a lot more encouraging than 10k. And I agree about measuring activity levels. I was just wanting to get more "mileage" out of steps bc I'm on my feet a lot. But I try to get to the gym as well to get the ol' heart rate up. Plus, while we're there, I make my kids run before they swim ....

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-09-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

ST- that's such great advice- to let people in when you're feeling vulnerable. I think I do the opposite!

Sounds like you have a lot to smile about
Old 06-09-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Thanks izzy! I do I have a lot going on

And yes, it's something I have been trying to allow myself to do...it feels so so wrong and everything is telling me not to...but I'm at a point where my life depends on it so it's a no brainier anymore...it's hard to trust again, almost impossible, but trusting enough to take a little from the world is ultimately beneficial in the end...I can only do this with my Inlaws and fiancés family at the moment and still have that very hurt and distrusting feeling towards the rest of the world, but baby steps right? UP I think you can do the same even if it's here ya know?