Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 21

Old 06-03-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Well, I just wanted a fresh start. The restrictions are there, and they're mostly psychological. It wouldn't do to carry on with this account.... though I would miss it.....I needed something new. I hate these strict rules. Anyway I didn't think this would be such a big deal. This is ridiculous.... I might want to find a new forum. But if not, I guess I have to only use the new account....... I don't know. I was planning to just leave this account here to sit here, just to be....into dark obscurity........and to use a new one. But I guess the rules mean that's not possible, because the world would blow up if that happened.

Anyway thanks ST. It's tough.

Now I don't know what to do....I hate this....
Old 06-03-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

I wonder if being a week sober is turning me into a grumpy *******.

Oh wow, I guess the world would blow up if people saw a swear word too.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Morning Fools,
9.53 am,
at the desk.....

Luc: Good to see you back.... I don't care how many accounts you've got!!!! You seem a fraction volatile though..............Hope you're ok!!!!

ST: How's it going in New York City, I see Letterman has finished. He was a big hit late night tv with the University crowd in Melbourne, had a few good bands on too........

I'm reading a whole lot of slychology on not associating with my past. As I've become more aware through being sober, my thoughts often turn back to various perceived injustices I experienced, especially at school. They actually still, after 20 years, have a physical affect on me.
It's got to stop.....
When I'm listening to music, exercising or just watching TV, old memories and thoughts come up and I'm still not happy with myself for the way I dealt with the issues at the time...
I had a hard time at school!!!!!
It still hurts........... unreal I know...!

I think forgiveness and compassion are they key, that's funny cause I always thought for the past 20 years that a baseball bat and my anger would be able to level the score....

Silly Obo and his sill mind.....!!!!

Last full day here before exams come, then we on half days and Obo gets to spend the afternoons with little Anna....

Hope all are well..........

stay tuned.........
Old 06-03-2015, 10:32 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

((big hug to you Luce)) I was so glad to see your post....i'v missed you & thought about you often!! No matter what you decided about the account or another forum, I'm just happy that sobriety is the direction your headed.

Late here & has been a long, long day, so I haven't the energy to post anything else tonight......
Old 06-03-2015, 10:40 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Hi Luc, it's great to see you're back on track, sorry to hear about the troubles you've been through. What is your other account name, so we know who you are?

Mariah, hope your jobs going well?

I'm wearing a pedometer today at work, to see if I can get a bit more movement in to my day, the aim is 10000 steps apparently!

Have a great day all.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Hi Luc! Whatever account we'd all love for you to keep coming back. It sounds like you've been through quite a few intense experiences recently. I hope things settle down a bit for you.

Thanks all! I know I've been away for a few days. I got a new pup and she's taken up quite a bit of my attention. A six month puppy for six months of sobriety. And probably a whole closet of new shoes after she gets done with her chewing phase.... In terms of the NW, Adna and Mariah, I'm going up to Washington. Spending a few days in Olympic National Park and then not sure what we're doing with the rest of the week. But I'll be happy to get out of the Southwest. 100 today and only getting hotter. So over it already.

Wishing everyone a quick wrap up to the week. I know I for one could use a weekend of relaxation.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Good to see you Luc
Good morning all! I really can't tell you how good it is to be back with you all!
Getting two of my boys packed and ready to go to camp for a week on Sunday. My youngest (my baby!) Is going this year. I am having a bit of a hard time imagining a whole week without him. I'm not letting my mind linger on it much. He is SO excited after seeing g his three siblings go to camp year after year he's been dying to go for a few years now. He is my homebody and cuddler, never been away from me more than one night. But he will be in a cabin with his brother, as long as they don't drive their counselor batty I know he will have a fabulous time.
But yeah, there is a bit of anxiety lingering about next week. I will enjoy having a quiet week with the big kids. My DD has a sleepover so two of the days it will just be 11 yo DS and I. I'm looking forward to that.
Anywho, hope you all are having a great day!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Luc- I'm not a moderator of the site Hun lol I was just making a suggestion, you can do whatever you please <3 I hope you are feeling a bit better today!
Old 06-04-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

The rules are the rules it's a fact of life...I kinda like that curse words are blocked out, it's gotten me to stop using them as often
This is not a restrictive forum whatsoever, this is all something you built up in your own head Luc...try to take a step back from this for a moment it sounds like your putting an insanely immense amount of pressure on yourself right now and nothing is going to get done like that...try to do something nice for yourself today instead of going into a loop of insanity over some message boards, trust me I do the same lol

Obo- the city is good getting very warm and fun...more people outside...yes letterman is gone lol, and not many people are deviated about it haha...not people I know anyway everyone likes jimmy Fallon now honestly, I've always thought he was adorable and funny for a while
Old 06-04-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Mariah, Freen, chick, nice to hear from y'all as well
Old 06-04-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Wearing a pedometer has made me realise how sedentary my job actually is, I only managed about 5000 steps today. The healthy goal is twice that! I'll have to make up for it by being hyper active on my days off.

I'll finish the day with some yoga.

UP, have you thought any more about yoga?

ST, you're getting very wise (for a youngster ) .I agree about the bad language, I'm happy to keep SR clean.

Dee, hope all is well in your world.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Thanks Freen! 10k is def a lot....I average around 12k at 7 hours of work but I'm on my feet the entire day almost, keep walking!!!
Old 06-04-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

My iPhone has a pedometer app on it
Old 06-04-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Hey all- I miss you! Can't stay away from the fools for long, I guess. Caught up on everyone a little- you sound good .

Luc- no worries, right? Just focus on sobriety- and whatever it takes.

Chick- so glad you're back! Hope you enjoy those camp weeks. We have a few of those too .

I'm making an effort to get more involved ... with people ... I think I have to be intentional about that or I might just disappear into the woodwork ... and other things ...

trying ❤️
Old 06-04-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

That's all you need to do Izzy I'm sure that everyone agrees with me when I say that's more then enough
Old 06-04-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Good stuff Izzy...... full support from me..!!!.

Stay close to the fools, it works to have the intention and share it with others...well has for me so far!

FRIDAY..........YOU LITTLE BEAUTY..............

back later, was just stoked that Izzy's back!!!

stay tuned......
Old 06-04-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Administrator

Luc

Just a word on the multiple names thing. It's nothing personal - that's the rule for everyone.

If I was in a thread with someone who was posting in another thread under a different name I'd feel a little bit duped, or cheated. I'd wonder if I was getting the truth or if I could trust them.

That's not casting aspersions at you Luc - I'm just being honest about what I'd feel.

I don't think it's asking too much for people here on a recovery site to have that small degree of accountability.

I hope you don't leave.

D
Old 06-04-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Well said D
Old 06-04-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Nobody likes a catfish!
D- I spend a lot of time on video game and alternative lifestyle forums that are similar to how this one is and the rules are the same...I remember a ways back someone changed their name and that wasn't looked to kindly at either...I agree with your guys web policies fully. Web security and integrity is what I majored for in college (which I'm thinking about going back and finishing lately).
Old 06-04-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

We live in a digital age and I "live" on the internet lol