Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 3

Old 04-28-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by noexcuse View Post
Just in time to join April's group! Day 1 for me.
Welcome!

OMD
Old 04-28-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Welcome NE
Old 04-28-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Old 04-28-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
OMD

Ok so day 22 accomplished and with less of a ride than yesterday, thankfully. Started to develop a different relationship with alcohol today I think. For the first time I was surrounded by people drinking and I really didn't envy a single one of them. AV DEAD AND BURIED (for now). I think it was probably because they were all drinking on their own - I was on a train - and none of them appeared to be having a particularly good time. A few weeks ago (!) I would definitely have been one of them and I certainly saw myself in every one of them.

Anyway the point of relating this is I think because I'm starting to see alcohol in its true light, and I think that's got to be healthy. It's a complex issue I know but I think today was some kind of a breakthrough for me. I was surrounded by a bunch of addicts and today at least I was different. I didnt judge anyone, I just felt different.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully a similarly positive journey (metaphorically - am not planning on getting on a train!) and I hope this post doesn't come across as smug - it's not intended that way.

Best wishes to all who read and post here.

OMD
Old 04-28-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

OMD, that must be a relief to be in that mental place of acceptance.

Noexcuse Glad you made it under the deadline. Woot woot!
Old 04-28-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

So by the skin of my teeth I'm into day 31.

I'm shocked by how easily I almost quit quitting last night, how strong the av was. I felt I slept well but have woken up feeling groggy and hungover. Another factor in my resurgent av is that the improvements have stalled. Things ain't getting perceiveably better any more. The pink cloud has well and truly lifted.

I feel hungover and sick, I ain't losing weight, I have numerous aches and pains and I'm in a foul mood. I'm getting many of the negatives of alcohol with none of the positives. I'm sure I'll battle my way through this until I reach the next good, safe period.

I always do well when I post like a maniac and I've been negligent in posting in the last few weeks, I was even thinking of quitting the site such was my confidence. I have to try and post my thoughts more, it always helps.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
I feel hungover and sick, I ain't losing weight, I have numerous aches and pains and I'm in a foul mood. I'm getting many of the negatives of alcohol with none of the positives.
One thing I can guarantee, none of these things will go away if you DO drink again.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement guys. I am feeling better than earlier but still scared I will slip again. I don't know who I was last night.....
Old 04-28-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you made it through Midton.
Welcome back Kittycat - I asked you in another thread about your recovery polan - have a look at it and add some stuff.

You can do this.

Remember gang in a few days we hit May 2015.

This thread and the people in it stay together - but the thread moves to the Newcomers Daily Support Forum

D
Old 04-28-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Hey, I almost missed this first sentence in your post. A whole month. This is huge! Congratulations!!

Old 04-28-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

I'm shocked by how easily I almost quit quitting last night, how strong the av was. I felt I slept well but have woken up feeling groggy and hungover. Another factor in my resurgent av is that the improvements have stalled. Things ain't getting perceiveably better any more. The pink cloud has well and truly lifted.....
Today is Day 10, on Day 9, I was so together and believed I had it all figured out and stringer than ever. Then AV woke up and started reminding me of how good a drink would feel. How my stresses of the day and week would evaporate with each sip.

I fought it off but only after coming here and reading some posts and seeing I am not alone. I thank all of you for your support. There will be many more days that will be tough, but they can't be as tough as the days when my life felt totally out of control because of drinking.
I must stay true to myself today. We can do this.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Day 4. I got some herbal teas so that when I feel like sitting outside in the evening after work I can sip on my tea instead of drinking. It makes it feel less of being deprived and more of just relaxing.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Got some awesomeness going on our group today! In wrapping up my day. I can't tell you all how thankful I am for everyone's posts today. I was fighting my AV after it took a nap too.

Everyones posts played a role in my sobriety today. Either I was reminded what will happen if I drank, or I was reminded how great it is not to drink. I had comfort in knowing I wasn't alone. All of it.

Ya'll rock, and I am grateful to be part of this awesome group. My AV has shut down again. Spirits high and feeling great. Thanks in part to you. <3
Old 04-28-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

15 days in the book. Feeling pretty good. I would drink to make me happy. The problem is that alcohol is a depressant. Feeling happy and blessed. Keep with it fellow classmates. I believe it's worth it.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Today was another good day. I did everything I intended on doing, except yoga. I will start that tomorrow. I've been reading alot here today, and learning so much, it's almost overwhelming. I am going to take a break from the internet tonight, meditate and read my book until I fall asleep. G'night!

edit to add that my AV did spring up on me this afternoon, I was sitting outside and it was so gorgeously warm and sunshiny. I came in to grab a water and there was a blasted cold bottle of beer in the fridge door. I never noticed it before and my AV told me that sunshine on deck with cold beer is a grand idea. I did not give in though, I opted for a cold fizzy sprite instead! The water idea went out the window, but at least I didn't have a beer!
Old 04-28-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
fgo

Ok I'm in. I'm part of the class. I've never committed, even though I have been trying for years
Old 04-28-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome finallygotout
Old 04-28-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Carlotta suggest this group. My sober day is 4/27/15
Very excited to join this Newbie group of April 2015!!!

Old 04-28-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Welcome to the group Mysunshine and finallygotout!
Old 04-28-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Mysusnshine

D