Welcome Drummer & Congrats everyone your all doing great
Old 04-29-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Welcome Drummer!
Old 04-29-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Welcome Drummer

I find reading here very helpful. You don't have to write to everyone and respond to every post, unless of course you want to.

I learned today to stay fed.

Being hungry and being sober, is more than I (and those around me) can handle.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Drummer5000 View Post
Ok im posting here, confused how to keep up with everything though.
Welcome Drummer! I am sure we will get the hang of it...I get lost in this forum all the time! lol
Old 04-29-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Guess I'm jumping in to this class now.

Day 1 for me, but excited to be here!
Old 04-29-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Welcome Drummer I find reading here very helpful. You don't have to write to everyone and respond to every post, unless of course you want to. ***** I learned today to stay fed. Being hungry and being sober, is more than I (and those around me) can handle.
I learned the same thing. My mood is bad if my sugar level drops. I also learned that just eating a chocolate bar when hungry is good for a few minutes, then the crash is bad and the mood becomes worse. So I've been making a much better effort to snack on peanuts, fruit, smoothie, etc. May Day is 1000% better if I snack right.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by site1Q84 View Post
Guess I'm jumping in to this class now. Day 1 for me, but excited to be here!
AWESOME!!!
I am excited your here. Welcome!
Old 04-29-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
EJP

Day 21.

Yesterday and today have been a bit of a challenge. My anxiety has been much less but yesterday a panic attack came on out of the blue and lasted a few hours into the evening. Today has been a sad, depressed pit without ambition. My mood hasn't been this ugly since acute withdrawal.

I'm sure Ill improve soon but this stinks.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Hang in there EJP. Drinking will only complicate things.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Drummer and site

please stay with it ejp - things will be better again

D
Old 04-29-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Day 5

Yay for me! I finally passed a test and didn't just cave. My (young adult) daughter's birthday was yesterday. Some of her friends came over and one gave her a bottle of wine from a local winery they had visited. She opened it while I was in the kitchen starting to cook dinner. She knows I like red wine, so she poured me a small glass to share it with me. She told me to let it breath first, then left. I looked at it while I started cooking, and it kept whispering my name. I decided to eat first. That really helped me to be able to walk away from it. I gave it back to her later that night and told her that I was really working on lowering my blood pressure, which she knows. (Yes, I'm the secretive one. She didn't know how much I had been drinking and what a problem it had become.)

So, after two false starts where I caved, this time I held on. While dinner was cooking I also watched the dragon video again, read part of the AVRT site, and googled why I shouldn't drink. A big part was that I didn't want to come here and post that I failed.

Someone here said no one ever wishes that they had drank the next day when they wake up sober. So true!

All the posts everyone shares are helpful, and it all the support adds up.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hey kittycat yah let's do this
Old 04-29-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Good meeting tonight. Gentlemen celebrated his 15 anniversary. His advice...just don't pick up that first drink. Have a great night and stay sober.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Joining this thread too even though April ends tomorrow. Day 1 for me. My immediate goal is to not drink when I have my son. And that means fri-Monday! I hope I can make it bc I think that hurdle will really help in the process
Old 04-29-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Well I'm doing a lot better after a rough few days when my craving suddenly reappeared with a vengeance and I was suffering back pain. The craving have gone again and I pray my back was just a minor tweak and not an old injury returning.

My thought for the day:

Since quitting alcohol despite the cravings things get better pretty quickly. I feel happy, positive and optimistic. Life is/should be good. I fully expect even kind of demand this. But, and this is a massive but, it is going to take my wife longer to trust me enough to enjoy al of this and the new me.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by julesonya View Post
Joining this thread too even though April ends tomorrow. Day 1 for me. My immediate goal is to not drink when I have my son. And that means fri-Monday! I hope I can make it bc I think that hurdle will really help in the process
Welcome Jules ~ kids are a great reason to get sober!
Old 04-29-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Christina are you out there? How are you doing
Old 04-29-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by Midton View Post

My thought for the day:

Since quitting alcohol despite the cravings things get better pretty quickly. I feel happy, positive and optimistic. Life is/should be good. I fully expect even kind of demand this. But, and this is a massive but, it is going to take my wife longer to trust me enough to enjoy al of this and the new me.
I could not agree more. I have realised that even if I can convince myself that this time really is different, the only way others will believe me is when they see it. This is starting to happen now and I really hope the same happens for you soon. My wife called me amazing the other day, because she hadnt believed I could come home sober from a work event. I now need to make sure I don't blow the trust I'm rebuilding.

Good luck
OMD
Old 04-29-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Firefly, great job tonight! Well done.
Welcome the new classmates...

Today, day 8, I had no headache, no fatigue, and no cravings what so ever! I still lose focus some, and my short term memory sucks at this point. Just know I read every post and that sometimes I forget to give out high fives or my 2-cents. I just don't want to come across as rude or ignoring anyone.

This afternoon was gorgeous out, so I did some yard work. The last time I did the raking was 2 weeks ago where I rewarded myself with 4 bottles of beer on the deck, followed by a bottle of white wine in the tub; all followed by a massive Sunday hangover. Today, my reward was a tall cold glass of iced tea (with ice) and I did a huge bbq salmon with wood rice.

Tomorrow I will be pulling out the old credit card and doing some book shopping on amazon. (I know there is a list of recommended reading in this forum somewhere, so I will be looking for that firstly!)

My Higher Being is on my side again because tomorrow my hubby and I have to take separate cars to the fundraising dinner, and I am picking up the other couple joining us....guess who's the DD again?!
Old 04-29-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Do you ever get a rash during detox? This is normal right? Toxins working themselves out?

I am on day one and the rash is starting-it's on my abdomen and my back/waist.