Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 3

Old 04-29-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julesonya View Post
Do you ever get a rash during detox? This is normal right? Toxins working themselves out?

I am on day one and the rash is starting-it's on my abdomen and my back/waist.
I don't know, but first I've heard of it. You may want to head to the doctor, and get it checked out.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

I'm joining this group even though it's late! I have 2 days today after drinking on Monday after a previous 8 days sobriety. Horrible withdrawals. Third time on SR. I posted a lot about it on the newcomer's page. I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links. I'll try it. I feel too exhausted to write it all over again!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...mes-charm.html

Excited to be part of a class again.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julesonya View Post
Do you ever get a rash during detox? This is normal right? Toxins working themselves out?

I am on day one and the rash is starting-it's on my abdomen and my back/waist.
I read somewhere about people getting itchy from the detoxing. If it gets worse, get it checked out. I tend to label every ache and pain as detoxing lately! I hope I don't get seriously ill and blame my detox process, knock on wood.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Morning all, well it is the start of day twenty four for me. Come on OMD, you are lagging.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:14 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Is it normal to crave sweet and salty things during the first week? Cause yeah... I've been pigging out on junk food like nobodies business!
Old 04-29-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Having mucked up on Tuesday was back to beginning yesterday. All ok and no cravings.

Hoping for a similar day today
Old 04-29-2015, 10:35 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SilentCinemaFan View Post
Is it normal to crave sweet and salty things during the first week? Cause yeah... I've been pigging out on junk food like nobodies business!
Yip SCF, quite normal. I have a thread running, detailing from day one what I went through. It might give you an idea.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:39 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Administrator

very normal SCF

keep going VW!

D
Old 04-29-2015, 11:45 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Morning all just about to go into a 48 hour long marathon shift at work so may not be able to check in much over the next couple of days but I'm with you all in spirit!
Day 19 for me...last night I ducked out of a camping trip with lots of heavy drinkers in May as I thought I couldn't trust myself to stay sober. I am sad about it as I only see these friends once a year or so...Oh well...

Onwards and upwards...
Old 04-29-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Day 10 here. Feel relaxed for the first time and strangely empowered by the idea that I will never drink again or miss it.

I understand that this is bound to be a fleeting feeling and I will soon be tested again, but felt like documenting it as I feel that on some level there has been a positive shift....
Old 04-30-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you amp

D
Old 04-30-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
Morning all, well it is the start of day twenty four for me. Come on OMD, you are lagging.
Am right with you ZaB! Let's rock this day 24!
Old 04-30-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OMD View Post
Am right with you ZaB! Let's rock this day 24!
Haha, I been rocking it all morning. Now busy rocking lunch. Catch up dude.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Day 3 today. Slept lousy last night but still better this morning than I was if I drank....whew.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. 10 days sober for me. I promise none for me today too.

Getting close to the weekend. I've got to make a small list of things I can do to celebrate. Last weekend was a bit rough due to the fact I had nothing to do that was "fun"

Peace.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
Good morning everyone. 10 days sober for me. I promise none for me today too. Getting close to the weekend. I've got to make a small list of things I can do to celebrate. Last weekend was a bit rough due to the fact I had nothing to do that was "fun" Peace.
10 days for me too! Must admit that "fun" is something of an issue for me too... Maybe because what used to be "fun" normally involved getting wasted!!!

I guess sport, exercise, movies, picnics? All ideas more than welcome!!!!
Old 04-30-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Day 19 for me...last night I ducked out of a camping trip with lots of heavy drinkers in May as I thought I couldn't trust myself to stay sober. I am sad about it as I only see these friends once a year or so...Oh well...

Onwards and upwards...
Good morning! I felt the same way when I saw that my neighbors from down the road had finally returned home from Mexico. I was sad that I could never get wasted on wine with her again, but it only happens twice a year. Not a huge loss that's for sure. Have a good day.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

I know what you mean exactly...I'm going to really miss those beers with my brother...but we live in different countries...maybe only ever really happened a couple of times a year.

For every "quality" evening spent with drink I'd spend a hundred in a blur and at least a couple that I'm deeply ashamed of. You don't need to be a mathematician to work this one out...
Old 04-30-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

First time posting on this forum. Day 11 here. I am feeling anxious, but I am determined to keep going. It is my daughter's birthday, and my father is coming later with the rest of my family. I am worried he will show up drunk, but trying to be positive, and just hope that every thing goes well. Makes me doubt it will since he called me so drunk he could not barely talk last night. They say God never gives you more than you can handle, hopefully he will help me through today.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you guys. I live in the midwest and man, its beer with everything here. Even my wife has said that hanging out with her family and friends is going to be hard, because there is literally alcohol at every event. Ugh... Luckily finals will distract me for a while. And martina12, WTG! Dipping out on friends with such a seemingly 'good' excuse to drink must have been tough. But you are clearly a rockstar.

Day 2