Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 42

Old 01-15-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Wow you guy's sure do move a lot!
Well done to all of us fighting this, im so pleased that I found you all.
Has anyone heard from tdg? Is it ok to ask?
If not then im sorry and will edit post if I can or understand if it gets deleted
Im on my phone still and its tricky trying to check the rules. .....as ny the time I find them I will no doubt have forgotten what I was looking for. ... pesky brain cell it gets lonlely in there on its own!
Anyway just checking in. ... still get this awful ear..... off to hospital again tomorrow.
Will pop in again latet. Have a good day. Xx
Old 01-15-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Administrator

I haven't heard anything from him personally Petals.
I hope he's doing ok too.

D
Old 01-15-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Vandemast, you sound good! Stick with us and I'll bet you will have a good ride. If you have trouble with cravings, PAWs or other issues or simply want to share your experiences, pop in any time :-)

Petals, I'm so glad you joined us! Sorry to hear about your ear and hope they can fix it.

Have a good day, Undies!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I hope your ear problem clears up quickly and cleanly, Petals!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Hello undies----just got done shoveling the driveway---fresh air was great!!Nothing new with me---
Petals----hope your feeling better soon
Vandemast---good to hear from you
Hugs to all of the undies today-----
Babs
Old 01-15-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Babs1234 View Post
Hello undies----just got done shoveling the driveway---fresh air was great!!Nothing new with me---
Petals----hope your feeling better soon
Vandemast---good to hear from you
Hugs to all of the undies today-----
Babs
Did you get much snow??? (I remember a cartoon from years ago depicting a guy on the phone with the newsroom broadcast station asking to speak to the weatherman so he could let him know that he had just shoveled 7" of partly cloudy from his driveway!!!)
Old 01-15-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hey Undies,

SL, you wanted an example of lame wrappin, here it is...Most men offering a 7" comment in reference to snow or fog or, umm, whatever would need to be checked for accuracy...might not be quite that much .

Hi Petals, hope your ear feels better soon.

Babs, I so agree...fresh air is an amazing free and harmless drug for much that ales us!

Sask, your new home will be near the ocean? Wow, that is such a bonus. Add the ocean to fresh air and you have a near perfect fix...anytime for anything.

I am off to workout, a business meeting, then an AA meeting and a bite after with an old and dear friend that I haven't seen in months. She relapsed over the summer and just recently returned to AA. I know her story quite well and the depths of despair that she had reached prior to going to rehab and getting sober. The progression of this disease could be fatal for her faster than most. Anyway, that's not the case. Time to enjoy and celebrate her return to sanity!

It seems like I have heard so many people talking recently about how they are simply checking off the days till winter is over. I think there is a part of me doing that also. I am going to spend some time on finding ways to allign my expectations with acceptance. Tough one today though. Last year on this very Thursday I met an old hs gf who was on a cruise in St Thomas. We spent the day cruising the streets of Charlotte Amalie remembering hs and gossiping about some of our old classmates...in 87 degrees and ALL sunny. Funny thing, she is there today and at least promises to send me pics .

What can I do today in this freezing cold to pull as much out of this day as possible?

Enjoy Undies.

Carlos
Old 01-15-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Trach - Two times in one day? Wow!

Drake - You're clever.

Gilmer - I can't imagine kicking you out of anywhere.

Vandermast - I'm so proud of your choice to stay clean and sober no matter what, as well as picking up some extra exercise. Good for you. It's not easy to change, but on one of the exercise DVDs I have, Jillian Michaels says that transformation is a present experience (not a future event). I think that applies to recovery from substance abuse. Every day that you choose sobriety, you have TRANSFORMED yourself from active addiction. Every day you are sober is a cause for celebration.

Petals - It's a bummer when friends in recovery go back out. I hope your friend finds their way back. And I hope your ear infection clears up quickly, too.

Babs - Exercise is such a great way to wash away the blues. Add some fresh air and sunshine, and wow!!!

BoozeFree - I hope you had a good day at the womp.

Saskia - You sold me at the ocean view! There's nothing like the beach. Honestly, not a summer goes by that I don't fantasize about living on the water.

Carlos - Wait! If you were lame wrappin' us, does that mean you only moved 14 1/2 times instead of 29? Novice! LOL! I hope you enjoy your productive and FUN day. Although it wasn't spent in an island paradise setting like last year at this time, I'm sure you'll coax something great out of the day.

SoberLeigh - How's everything with the grandchildren?

Have a good night undies!
Old 01-16-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Wow lots of people have done a lot of moving it sounds like. I've moved about 10 times and thought that was a lot for being in my 20s haha.

Carlos sounds like a good productive day, enjoy!

Off to womp.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Hey there again fellow undies

Gotta love insomnia...not

Rode 10 ks today..great meeting tonight

Got my enrolment pack for school

Tired cant sleep..paws n ptsd

Thanks for all the encourage ment

Yaaaawn

V
Old 01-16-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vandermast View Post
Hey there again fellow undies

Gotta love insomnia...not

Rode 10 ks today..great meeting tonight

Got my enrolment pack for school

Tired cant sleep..paws n ptsd

Thanks for all the encourage ment

Yaaaawn

V
Sending prayers for a good night's sleep tonight, Vandermast.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Vandemast, I'm sending the sandman over your way. PTSD can really interfere with sleep as I discovered long ago. After heavy-duty treatment it improved enough that usually deep breathing will do the trick - but that didn't work for the first few months sober. Now at just over 5 months I'm sleeping like a baby most nights :-)
Old 01-16-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Administrator

Last night was a stinker Vandermast - hope you got some zzzz's

happy weekend gang

D
Old 01-16-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Dee, wishing you a good, relaxing weekend!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Vandermast hope you're able to get some sleep tonight!

Wompland was dragging big time today.
I went to a meeting tonight and heard a lot of good stuff. There was probably about 60 people there. It's still very difficult for me to go and makes me insecure seeing everyone in their cliques but at least I'm pushing my self to try and go.

Monday I'm going to a concert and pretty stoked, havnt seen the band playing in about 11 years. I am looking forward tho to just relaxing at home tomorrow night.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Vand, hope you got some zzzzzzzzzzzzz's!

BF, I hope your comfort level continues to grow in time with the meetings. Your words, "I went to a meeting tonight and heard a lot of good stuff." Maybe you could try a few different meetings? Maybe try an all woman's meeting? Just throwing spit-balls here, but there are various meeting dynamics and you might find one not as clique-like. I've noticed that AA mtg groups seem to loose track here and at times forget that the MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THE ROOM is the new person. One thing for sure...like you said, always hearing some good stuff!! Hey, have a blast at that concert!

Glee, you are missing the point here. To "lame wrap" has nothing to do with telling falsehoods. It might however include "slight" exaggeration, but again, for effect only, not as by definition. To opposite sex lame wrap is to lay it down, put a story out there. It's like looking for a bite while fishing. A search for chemistry. In my minds eye, (hey, what does minds eye mean anyway), it is not a negative, simply an act, honestly projected in prospecting . (cc: SL)

Well, I'm off to a late start and will be missing a 9:30 am mtg I had planned in my old hometown. I am still on time to make a funeral of a business associate's father. Then, this aft I have a date. Second one with this particular woman. Check it out...we are going shopping. How cool is that? She helped me pick out some winter gloves on date #1 following coffee at Panera. Online dating is bizarre! I then hope to conclude my day with a meeting.

So what's up, Undies? How goes things in recovery?

Gotta dash-

Carlos
Old 01-17-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hi all!

In spite of the stresses with moving a week from Monday, my sobriety is going strong. I do still feel a bit tempted now and then. However, I have been able to think through the scenario and each time decide it's not worth it. The next several weeks will be challenging but my top goal is to come through it sober.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Have a great day, Undies.

Carlos, have a nice date.

Saskia, the idea of a retirement community with a view of the ocean keeps popping into my mind.

Vandermast, hope you are snoozing away.

Babs, what's up?

BoozeFree, what is Wompland?
Old 01-17-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Good morning, Undies.

Carlos, ahhh - lame wrapping; now I get it. Have a nice date today.

Saskia, your retirement community with a view keeps popping onto my head - nice.

BoozeFree - what is Wompland?

Babs, what's up, girl?

Vandermast, hope you are snoozing.

Have a great day, everybody?
Old 01-17-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Wompland is the wonderful world of work.