Old 12-24-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Gyps.

D
Old 12-24-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thanks Dee. I know some of it is teenage boy stuff but I know it's more about the other stuff... He has a lot to process through still.

Tomorrow is another day.

And Christmas at that .
Old 12-24-2014, 10:43 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hope tomorrow is better applekat and gypsy! I'm so happy to be sober tonight and know I won't be aching for more sleep in the am when the little ones awake at some ungodly hour to see what's under the tree! Peace to all!
Old 12-25-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Have a great Christmas, team!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (38.2 KB, 90 views)
Old 12-25-2014, 04:10 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Merry XMAS everyone.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas all. Glad to be clear headed with you!

Everyone go eat too much.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone. Peace love and sobriety to all X
Old 12-25-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone! Late night last night and then early morning! The girls have settled into all their stuff and I'm working through the "some assembly" issues. It is nice to be sober, not to say I didn't drink, I had a glass of wine , stupid of me but it is what it is, none today as I don't feel good (I guess whatever works) think I caught the flu that my daughters have had, need to dig deep to get through today, then sleep.
Gypsy, Applekat I'm sorry things aren't going well. I really hope all will or has improved!
To all my November friends, Merry Christmas and thank you for all your support and encouragement, while I wish I hadn't fallen as many times as I did, each time I got back up you all have been there a few months ago I felt helpless, stopping for even a day was impossible, now at least I have many more sober days then not and the helplessness has been replaced by hopefulness.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, class!

Sun is shining, finally!!!
Old 12-25-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Merry Christmas peeps. Given the issue with my son last night, we will probably be taking 2 cars to my brothers. I shouldn't be driving, let alone an hour each way but the alternative is someone stays home? Ugh. It's not better.

More days not, than, is a great achievement Magellan. Keep working at it. Feel better from the flu .

Merry Christmas all.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi all! Merry Christmas to those who are celebrating today. We've had a very busy couple of days, so now everyone is relaxing with their gifts. This morning we got up early, but it was the first Christmas morning in recent memory when I actually felt grateful.

I got a new handbag, which I was expecting, but also a matching wallet and some other nice gifts from my husband. Our kids got lots of gifts, but they're at a good age where they seem interested in giving too.

I think my mom is drinking already today (it's 1 p.m. here). She seems restless and not sure what to do with herself. I know that feeling all too well...
Old 12-25-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Good night all. I hope you are all well.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi Team. I'm still here and sober.

Exhausted but good. Hope everyone else had a fabulous Christmas!!
Old 12-25-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

josharon, I also have the alcoholic gene in my family.

Now when we're together at christmas, I can see what things have come to. I was sleeping in a room next to the kitchen and been waking up early. I can hear the opening of about three or four cans of beers, before anyone else is even out of bed. As a fellow alco I know I'm not mistaken...

And I know who it is and why. I've seen the handshakes, the flushy skin.

When I was a kid, he was the one who always got drunk at dinners. Talked too much, getting into stupied arguments and wouldn't listen to others.

When I was a teenager, I was aware of his problem. By then, I was the one who always drank too much and got wasted at parties. But that was ok, in my mind, because i was young and "just partying". Not a family father who likes to drink beers alone. "I will never become like him"

And here I am. Just about two weeks off the wine.

Now I am worried about his health. After all those years, I still look at him and I think yet again, "I will never become like him".

But this time I know that I've been well on my way, and I will have to work hard, really hard to avoid it...
Old 12-25-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

But in general, I had a really good christmas. I enjoyed being out of the fog and drinking never crossed my mind. Not even when I got offered beer...
Old 12-25-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
But in general, I had a really good christmas. I enjoyed being out of the fog and drinking never crossed my mind. Not even when I got offered beer...
Good to hear, Dallow
Old 12-26-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Morning class, how did everyone do yesterday?

Erratic where are you? Please come back on here today and let us,know,how you are doing.
We had a good if bittersweet Xmas due to illness but at least there was some happiness
I'm still feeling very strong when it comes to sobriety not really worried about New Year any more as I have plans made for that night and the next day that cancel out any chance of being tempted to drink. Hope everyone is doing good. Peace X
Old 12-26-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Morning folks. Half surprised myself I be here but here I am. Really glad to be sober and to remember all the joy my kids had yesterday.

Check in folks, be it day 1 or day 51.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi all, checking in again. Once again Dallow, you hit it on the head. I always said I would never end up like my mom, yet here I am. There were only six of us for dinner last night (heaven, haha) and my mom was putting out the salads. She actually tried to convince me that I had set extra places at the table...the wine must have been really kicking in by then.

Overall, yesterday was great. My house looks like a bomb hit it, so that will be my priority for today. I'm glad to see that folks are checking in, and hopefully we will hear from the rest of our class soon!
Old 12-26-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Checking in. Good day yesterday - no drinks no desire except at the end of the night when I was feeling sad because my 9 yo figured out who santa is and 3 yo was having some asthma issues. So for me be careful of sadness and stress. Day 56 today!