Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 6

Old 12-22-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Magellan, we will be going to Magic Kingdom and Legoland for sure. Rest we will plan time permitting. Lost today driving. I have my in-laws with us . I will stick close to my boys
Old 12-22-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone. Day 37!

Sounds like most are roughing it and getting it done all the same. That's extremely awesome IMO. If we can do it this time of year that tells me it'll get better. I've been praying for all of you.

And remember, in the rough times your strength not only helps you, but is a huge inspiration to others. You guys are a huge inspiration to me.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

I'm checking in but will say I won't be posting until Boxing Day that will be my day 1. Sry for letting u all down. I'm looking for a new year sober one.

Congrats on every ones achievements so fat and sry again. I will read but won't be posting until I can say my day 1.

Huggles all and merry Xmas xxx
Old 12-22-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
not a greeter

What's going on Erratic? I understand not wanting to post until you're back where you were but I'm glad you checked in and I hope you continue. Posting before drinking is an idea, as someone mentioned above, so we can talk you out if it!
Old 12-22-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Erratic, we'd much rather see you before Boxing Day. Think about it, okay?

He19 - can we all come to Orlando with you? : )

TEC -- you sound like you're in a much better place in terms of mindset than you were before. You have a support system and you sound much more determined to fight this. That makes me happy! You can do it.

Let's make this a great day, everyone!
Old 12-22-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm with gypsy, erratic. Let us help you friend.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I've been feeling great, but today I really felt like drinking - just to get out of myself for a while. Drinking is what I've been doing as soon as my mind starts spinning, I start worrying and feeling anxious and just want to disappear from myself.

I tried to play the tape forward, but as usual all I saw was blissful oblivion. That's usually my trigger - when I'm so tired of myself that I want to press "pause" from life - that's when I drink.

So I played the tape backwards. Quite literally. I went through my facebook updates from the past two years.

Me having a picnic in a parc with some friends. I can see that I'm smiling, but what I remember is that I downed at least three beers just to be able to drag myself there. I was sweating, suffering and was upset that all we had for five people was a bottle of wine to share. It was pure misery.

Another sunny day, me planting flowers in a garden...it's not noticable to anyone else, but I know that in the backpack in the corner of the picture, I had a bottle of vodka. I felt like I couldn't relate to anyone or anything and all I wanted to get away as soon as possible so I could go home and drink in peace.

Enthusiastic update at a 5 hour layover in Amsterdam. The truth is I'd just been dumped, was drinking not to fall apart, but of course the alcohol made me end up crying in the toilets and almost missing my flight.

Etc.

If I learned something, it's that my "pauses" in life, is indeed pauses, because I wasn't really present when those photos were taken or those updates were written. But when I press "play", I'm not where I was when I started drinking. I'm handcuffed down in the cellar I so carefully constructed for myself.

And if I didn't know already, I'd also learn that what you see on facebook bear no ressemblance whatsoever with the truth.

I still feel like I'm sinking in the mud of life - but I didn't press pause today. I didn't drink. Day 13.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

congratulations on day 13 Dallow. It gets better.

I went through that too. Just felt down and like garbage. Try to remember the days before you started drinking and focus on getting back to that. That's what helped me through that time.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
I've been feeling great, but today I really felt like drinking - just to get out of myself for a while. Drinking is what I've been doing as soon as my mind starts spinning, I start worrying and feeling anxious and just want to disappear from myself.

I tried to play the tape forward, but as usual all I saw was blissful oblivion. That's usually my trigger - when I'm so tired of myself that I want to press "pause" from life - that's when I drink.
This is how I feel today. It doesn't help that it is dark, cold, and rainy. There is no wine in the house and no reason to go to the store, so I am safe from relapse. If the wine was here, I'd probably drink it.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day 9 here. Quite a tough day. With extended family and around alcohol since lunch time and right the way through the day. Didn't drink. Going to bed now, good night everyone.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you change your mind and decide to stay sober throught and keep posting erratic.

you deserve better than what you're thinking about giving yourself this Xmas.

Sorry for anyone struggling tody - the good thing is bad days only last a day now - not weeks like they did when we were drinking

stay strong everyone

D
Old 12-22-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Awful tragedy in Glasgow today and all of Scotland reeling from it: a refuse lorry lost control and plowed into pedestrians in Glasgow city centre, six people killed and more injured everyone here just devastated. My thoughts are with all the people involved.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Peacehappyness.

D
Old 12-22-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the tragedy in Glasgow. God bless the families with the strength to deal with the loss of their dear ones.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Work for it, everyone is welcome. Its hot here. I am going to go to an Indian restaurant and not order any beer to go with the tandoori appetizers. You all an join me at the restaurant.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Guys I need your support to make it through a 48hr detox before Christmas. I drank way to much last night. Not feeling to bad to day luckily but I need a break.
Ive already had 5 days off in December. Time to do another couple days.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Very sorry about the tragic loss of life in Glasgow today Peace. Just goes to show how precious life is and how it can be taken away from any of us at any moment. We should make the most of it.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

ubn, TEC, awayshope, everyone! I feel your struggles! Anxiety is a major part of this. We talk about riding the urge wave or urge surfing but I feel like it's anxiety surfing. Has anyone taken zoloft? Does it help? Dee maybe you know? Thanks.... xoxox
Old 12-22-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Oh my - just reading about Glasgow. So sorry.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

I haven't taken Zoloft 11 stars.

My experience with anti depressants is limited to Prozac and Endep which I currently use for nerve pain.

I've had some success with belly breathing and other breathing techniques for anxiety tho
Breathing Exercises

It's hard to get into them when you're anxious and the chest is tight but the more you practice them the easier it gets

D