Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 6

Old 01-12-2015, 11:52 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Breaking bad was excellent, I watched all series/episodes over my first three weeks of sobriety. Swapped the alcohol for a binge of digital crystal meth....all got a bit crazy in the end.

I know what you mean about the Governor Gyps, I think they specifically designed that character to be creepy towards women

Day 59 here into recovery, 31 days since a drink. Bought a copy of the Big Book at the meeting last night and started reading it. Meeting one of the guys from the meeting tomorrow for lunch and I am finding the meetings comfortable and uncomfortable but eye opening and predictable all at the same time. I feel like I am making progress here.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning all day 5. Got past yesterday with staying in bed reading and sleeping and binging on food. I ate a whole tub of ice cream doh!

Looking forward to losing weight again with not drinking.

Got my daughters bday on the 2nd of fen she will be 16 star o I will be saving up some money and treating her for the day. Should be good as I will be sober or no hangover.

Ubn I used to go to AA when I have up drinking for a year some years back it really helped and I read and bought all there books. The one I liked most was daily reflection it gave me some thoughts daily. Good luck x

Hope everyone has a good sober day xx
Old 01-13-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Gypsy, sorry your recovery is so slow and painful. I hope you're painfree soon.

Erratic, good going on day 5!

Ubnt, the days are adding up. Congrats!

Another cold morning below zero but a warming trend starts at noon. My sister is coming for the weekend, I enjoy having her but miss my weekend down time. When I mentioned I have Monday off, she decided to stay an extra day. It used to annoy me no end but I've had an awakening. She's the same as she was when we were children always wanting to tag along with her big sister and desperate for my approval. At last I'm able to give it to her.

Lots of decisions to be made on the kitchen remodel. And made soon. I have that kind of perfectionism that keeps me from doing things for fear of making a mistake. I'm going to do some research ask some questions and make those decisions. H takes the easy way out and defers it all to me. I've probably taught him to do that over 36 years of marriage. Yeah I can be the bossy big sister with him, too.

Have a great day, everyone! Those of you in the deep freeze, stay warm!
Old 01-13-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

He19me -- always good to see the relatives, but always good to see them go home!

Ubn, you are doing great! Like all your trackers at the bottom.

Hi Erratic!

Gypsy, sorry the foot recovery is slower than you want. I teach cardio classes and I know it would drive me nuts to be forced into inactivity. I need the good feeling you get from exercise. I loved "Breaking Bad"!

Cold but sunny today! Happy Tuesday!!!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Good Morning. Very late for work today. Glad did not have early morning meetings. Last week or so I have been sleeping like a log and longer, even though I am in the bed early. I miss early mornings, which I had started to enjoy, because it used to give me time to excersice and meditate. Days I meditate I have no cravings, but other days the battles with AV can be tough.

Workforit, I completely agree. Boyz are going to miss them and will not be able to meet them again for couple of years. The 6 year old for sure have many memories. The 3 year old I guess will forget in couple of months.

Keep it Erratic.

Good going Ubnt. Your posts are good inspiration.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Good Morning. Very late for work today. Glad did not have early morning meetings. Last week or so I have been sleeping like a log and longer, even though I am in the bed early. I miss early mornings, which I had started to enjoy, because it used to give me time to excersice and meditate. Days I meditate I have no cravings, but other days the battles with AV can be tough.

Workforit, I completely agree. Boyz are going to miss them and will not be able to meet them again for couple of years. The 6 year old for sure have many memories. The 3 year old I guess will forget in couple of months.

Keep it Erratic.

Good going Ubnt. Your posts are good inspiration.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Checking in... Frustrated with my recovery would be an understatement. Thanks for the support peeps. PT today and then meeting with my jiu jitsu instructor. Hoping to train despite my current disability. I haven't been at it long, and he is well aware of my limitations so if we work today I will be safe. Looking forward to it. But not PT lol.

Where is TEC, Magellan, Marathon Man how's the baby progress? Good going Erratic!

I guess I'll get onto Breaking Bad soon thanks for the recommendations. 2 episodes left of SoA .

Day 79 here. Feeling serene again.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Good morning. In the midst of some cleaning, and taking a break before getting into it more heavily.

Exercised yesterday, and working on the cleaner eating. it is a process. Hard for me to go cold turkey on the carb reduction, and no help that hubby brought home a bunch of fresh bagels on Sunday. Grrrr. But getting there.

Eager to hear baby news from MM.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Yes agreed we need updates from a few! TEC, Magellan, TXAlchy...others I'm sure, just need to read back!

Can't wait to hear about baby MM. Hope it goes smoothly friend! I've had both a scheduled c section and emergency c section. I sincerely hope Mrs MM could avoid either but praying all are healthy no matter what!!

Breaking Bad is awesome!
Old 01-13-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hospital, not doing anything yet, we had a scan and baby is happy enough so just watching and waiting, back for another scan next week if he hasnt already come. Also day 14 just about over.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

I agree breaking bad is awesome, californication is also very good....it very much glorifies drinking though so some might find it in poor taste. One of the funniest programs ive watched in years though.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

I just started watching some of the later seasons of Califonication, and I had the same reaction. All of the drinking he does made me kinda sick, at some point I could understand how he gets in so many screwed up situations. For me, it was a great reminder of what I didn't want to go back to.

Breaking Bad was awesome!

Netflix has some great movies, I saw a documentary on Shane McConkey called "McConkey". He was an extreme skier and base jumper, great movie!

Also watched Copenhagen with the girlfriend last night. It was a good foreign movie about a 28 year old guy who acts like he is still 15, probably because he likes to drink. Its on netflix too.

Anyone else got some good netflix recommendations?
Old 01-13-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Checking in, still sober. It feels like it has been longer than 14 days since my last drink. No real urge to drink right now. Still taking care of things I have been procrastinating on. Helping my anxiety to just get them done and make decisions already.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Californication was a good series. I used to watch it, caught up on Netflix. Hank was not very likable looking back although they tried to make him sympathetic. He drank and drugged too much aside from constant brawling and other indiscretions... I was never triggered by the show but I can see how it might be for some.

Patience and preparation these last few days before baby MM comes. You may not be sleeping much soon! Congrats on the 2 weeks .

Haven't been on Netflix much, been watching Amazon Prime... SoA is on both but Prime has Rome, Dead Wood & Carnivale all of which I'd like to see again. Also... Been watching new movies on a website that probably shouldn't be mentioned on here . The Gambler was pretty good.

Jiu Jitsu was so much fun. I missed it though... My foot does hurt. But it seems, everything bothers it.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Back on deck again

Hope everyone's doing ok

D
Old 01-13-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Back on deck again

Hope everyone's doing ok

D