Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 6

Old 12-24-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Merry Christmas to all those celebrating! I will not be online much today or tomorrow to give my attention to the kids. I feel like my nose is in the computer or phone too much and they are off school now. I will check in or read as able.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Be careful of that foot, gypsy!

Oh, and I also need to find my dining table under the heap of crafting, wrapping and cookies!
Old 12-24-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Erratic I hope you're well, miss you!

Phoebe I finally cleared off tables and counters last night but only bc hubby was at my FIL's with the kids, lol!

I'm meeting them for Xmas Eve after a morning appt. I had all last night to myself and I still woke up at 530 AM. :/
Old 12-24-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Oh AppleKat, don't you hate it when that happens? It was your big opportunity to sleep, and you blew it!

Phoebe, I found my dining table yesterday, finally. Good for you for getting your nose out of the electronics. I am constantly nagging my boys about "too much screen time" when I should really look at myself!

It's gray and pouring rain here. Kind of a bummer for Christmas Eve. I really want to stay sober tonight. We're going to church and dinner at the in-laws...it will probably be a bit boring, but maybe that's not a bad thing. In the meantime, I still have SO many gifts to wrap, it's ridiculous. I'll be around, though.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Yes, it's a yucky day out today, isn't it? My plans for today are a grocery store run, making cookies for Santa with the kids, wrapping the last few presents, etc. It should be a low key day.

One thing I am super happy about is that I have had the best sleep these last 3 nights. Usually I am a very light sleeper, tossing and turning and up multiple times a night. To close my eyes at night and sleep straight through until morning is practically unheard of for me. So I'm feeling pretty positive today (Day 33!).
Old 12-24-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good job, everyone!

Other than eating my weight in Christmas cookies yesterday, all is well here, too. Rainy and yucky outside again.

Applekat's right -- we need the check-in. Hope you all have a safe and lovely Christmas eve!!
Old 12-24-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hope everyone can get their stuff cleaned up and together, but we shouldn't sweat the small stuff. The important thing is to be there (actually there) for our kids or others around us.

Glad you're feeling so well SD.

Apple, once again thanks for keeping tabs on everyone.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Afternoon class day 53 here, got another family illness to deal with now, they are all coming at once as these things seem to do. Started to feel like I'm gettin pulled in different directions to help everyone, I've just got to get on with it though as I'm the only one that can really help just now. It'll all pass and calm down though and I'm still sober and not giving in on that one! Would like to crawl into bed and sleep for a month though! Trying to stay as positive as possible and deal with one thing at a time. Peace X
Old 12-24-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Saying merry Xmas tomorrow and will see u all on Boxing Day. I do hope u are alright and hope to see u. Keep good xx
Old 12-24-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Just a quick check-in.

Had christmas dinner with my family. No one is really drinking, some had beers, that's all. Not me though!

Focusing on the company and the excellent food! Feeling peaceful and grateful to be sober this year.

Happy christmas to all!
Old 12-24-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Saying merry Xmas tomorrow and will see u all on Boxing Day. I do hope u are alright and hope to see u. Keep good xx
How are you getting on Erratic? X
Old 12-24-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
Just a quick check-in.

Had christmas dinner with my family. No one is really drinking, some had beers, that's all. Not me though!

Focusing on the company and the excellent food! Feeling peaceful and grateful to be sober this year.

Happy christmas to all!
Well done Dallow you are sounding good and strong X
Old 12-24-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas Eve. I can't remember who said the holidays are like the super bowl for
People trying to stay sober but I love that analogy it makes me laugh and feel strong at the same time. Went for a run today with dog and kid to take the extra angsty energy feeling away. Made my list (literally twice) and ready for my final round of shopping and wrapping. Riding out my anger waves as they come by removing myself and really deciding what I will do about those emotions instead of letting them pull me around like I'm riding a sled pulled by out of control reindeer. Best of intentions and wishes to all.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I haven't had time really to post lately. Best wishes to all here!
Old 12-24-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I probably won't get a chance to post tomorrow so wanted to say happy xmas to everyone. Is xmas eve evening here now and I didn't drink. So will be up fresh and bright tomorrow. Hang in in there to everyone who is struggling and well done to the group for a mammoth effort throughout December.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi peeps! On our way to my sister's house for her annual Christmas Eve dinner. Don't worry, I have spent most of them sober, so I have a good idea of how it's going to go .
Old 12-24-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas to all

D
Old 12-24-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, Dee, and November.

Having a really angry evening but not drinking. Fill y'all in another time.

I just want kids to sleep and we can play Santa and go to bed.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Sorry apple.

Hang in there b
Old 12-24-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope things got better applekat

D
Old 12-24-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Things were good for me.

Until the ride home and arriving home. My 14 year old is a pita and causing trouble .

<sigh>