Class of December 2012 - Part 13

Old 09-13-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're still an outlaw, Courage

D
Old 09-13-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Tam - how wonderful to hear from you hope the driving is going well. Does it seem strange your son being old enough to drive! I can't imagine Jr RAL being grown up enough to drive!! The years just go so quickly don't they. He has started Primary 2 this term and is settling well and seems to be enjoying it too. Is your son at college now?

You sound like you've got a good life Tam and a good balance. I think it's quite natural not to go to AA as much as in the early days. Do you think? Similar to us not using SR as much - perhaps not drinking seems 'the norm' now. Hopefully

Is work still going well now the issues have been resolved and you've spoken with your boss?

Courage - I have no advice on taking back or not taking back. I do agree though if you have a good relationship why does it need to be formalized?

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hi, hope you are all well. I'm off to Edinburgh again tomorrow so won't be around at the weekend. Happy Sober weekends to you all. I'll be thinking of you

Had a prettystressful week. My bank card has been intercepted and used by a third party. Very cross. Trying to sort it out with the bank and had to cancel all my cards so feel a but lost with no easy access to money. I never realized just how much stuff I buy online till I couldn't do it anymore Think that is how someone got hold of the details. Must be more careful in future.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You're still an outlaw, Courage

D
just contrary. “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

Ready, I'm sorry to hear about your credit card info -- apparently that's all too easy to do, and it's very difficult to trace the people who do it, who are scattered in networks all over the world. But Edinburgh again! That's fun!
Old 09-19-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that RAL - I hope you get replacement cards - and your money back - soon.

I can deal with ornery too Courage

D
Old 09-20-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

RAL, you can't be more careful. Fraudsters are always a step ahead of us... Merchants need to up their game. (I work in payment processing). It does suck to be without access to money though. Hope it gets sorted quickly.

Courage, I am one of those need to formalize kind of people... Don't know why. Lol always have been though... But rituals, forget it. I can't form them.

Watched a friend's kids this weekend, it was fun, I'm just kind of beat. I have to take my son for a driving lesson and then I think stretch pants and Netflix are going to be the rest of my day.

Have a good one!
Old 09-22-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hey all!

Tam, I don't think you ever said how things are going at work. Are you getting along better with the boss? Or getting paid better, at least?

How was Edinburgh trip #2, Ready?

Dee -- I feel like I never see you anymore. Are you playing music a lot? I hope so.

Me, I'm the same. Up & down. I'm not liking being back to some of the administrative work -- can you believe they made me chair of a committee that's actually minorly important in my very trivial world, and likely to be fraught with anger? Sigh. Calgon, take me away!

Old 09-23-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Congrats on getting the Chair courage. Hope you are getting through your admin stuff- can you get a new minion to assist?

Edinburgh was great thank, went to a scary dungeon then to see some gardens ( I work in horticulture, though on the admin side). Off again tomorrow, last trip, staying a bit longer this time and taking Jr so he's all excited!!

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 09-23-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm getting out a lot more Courage thank to the Scooter.
I'm still here every day but in concentrated bursts lol

Hey RAL - enjoy the trip

D
Old 09-23-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
p***enger

Have a concentrated burst, Dee!

Ready, they already yanked me from the chair role. I quote the email I received: "Not only is it an error, it's frightening!" I guess my scary reputation hasn't gentled up in sobriety.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

That sounds like a bunch of work you didn't want anyways so meh.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hey gonzo! How you?

Old 09-27-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Gotta agree with Gonzo on that courage - a lot of work you don't need. Quite strange way of letting you know though how was your weekend?

how are you gonzo?

am back from the big city. had a lovely weekend.

Is anyone following the rugby? I'm not really though did see some of the Scotland v USA match and thought of my SR friends across the pond
Old 09-27-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
p***enger

I agree with you Ready & G -- it was a position I didn't ask for & didn't want. I just think it's funny -- there's a lot of bad communication around my workplace that's either just incompetence or a conspiracy, depending on whom you ask.

Little news on my end -- my son's processed all his paperwork with U.K. immigration, he thinks, and is in waiting mode. I've had an unreasonably emotional week probably due to the onset of fall, feeling some losses, feeling some impending losses -- whatever. I feel like I'm playing chess with existence -- every time life takes one of my pieces, I move to take one of life's.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope this week is a little less fraught for you Courage

I have no idea about Rugby RAL
D
Old 09-27-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope this week is a little less fraught for you Courage
Me too but it's the price I pay for being alive again, weird and all. As silentrun keeps telling me, let the freakflag fly.

I'm watching the moon.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Administrator

it's the price I pay for being alive again, weird and all.
is it though?
My life's a lot of things but it's not fraught?

D
Old 09-27-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
p***enger

I could talk to my dr and he'd put me on more drugs.

I'm not a peaceful person. I don't think I'm a drama queen, but when I get on a real kick, it's a physical thing. I can feel my blood pulsating in my fingertips and beating in my ears. I can move the energy around but I can't lose it until it runs out on its own. I try to funnel it into work but sometimes it bleeds over onto people -- why do you think I avoided people for more than 20 years? When it funnels onto people it's fraught and messy because they respond and blah blah blah. Sometimes things get very ugly indeed when people are involved. Maybe you can see now how I could get violent. I used to be very different than I have been, before my alcoholism progressed to its inevitable conclusion. Maybe I'm getting that way again.

As I said, I'm usually able to dump the energy in work or literature but last week work was particularly frustrating and there's really too much of it this time for poetry to ease, though that helps take the edge off temporarily.

We'll see. I haven't done anything more destructive than write too much and talk out loud on the street, which a lot of people less crazy than I am do in NYC.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Administrator

well I don't see you as violent

Fair enough - I was just interested in what your response might be, to be honest.

I *was* violent, almost entirely to myself...but one or two times people got in the way.

Fortunately I'm not really built like Mike Tyson - one puff of wind and I fall over.

But yeah I had a lot of rage there and self hatred...it's dissipated now

You certainly don't have to aspire to same things I do...I do wish some happiness and contentment for you tho - I don't think that's too much to ask for for anybody. peaceful or not

D
Old 09-27-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
p***enger

I don't know from happiness & contentment. Maybe I'm just not wired that way. It's not something that I'd ever really even heard about until I got on these forums, not except in a Woody Allen kind of mocking way, or Thomas Mann, the old blissful ignorance thing.

I'm going to get something pierced tomorrow night, I hope. That'll give me something to focus on for a while!