Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 13

Old 07-19-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hey Tam -- I saw elsewhere that you'd had your tonsils out -- I've heard that's hard once you're an adult but maybe it will help with your sinuses. I hope so! Congratulations on the raise at work.

Boxing sounds awesome! I had boxing class fantasies a while ago but I'm an old lady and it's going to be cribbage for me.

Ready, I'm glad you're loving your work -- you sound secure and easy in your life. It's really amazing what sobriety can do!
Old 07-19-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi Tam

D
Old 07-20-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi Dee! I've missed you!

And courage, you could handle it! We do sit-ups, push-ups, the rope thing they do on the biggest loser that looks easy but gets really hard after a minute and jump rope.

Then, we punch a bag and punch the coach who has the thingies on his hands... And if you're me, aim is awful and almost punch him in the face. Several times. Lol it's a lot of fun.

And the tonsils. Ouch. I wish I had taken more time from work, it's my first day back and I'm in some pain and really tired.

Oh well

Hope everyone is doing ok!

Lynn
Old 07-28-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Just saying hi!!
Old 07-28-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Tam! How are you?
Old 07-28-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope work improves by the end of the week tam

D
Old 07-29-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
p***enger

Tam, how's tonsillitis-recovery? Have you admitted you were powerless over your tonsils? Had your tonsils become unmanageable -- I expect so! I hope you're feeling better.

Anyone else out there? I hope everyone is well.

I took my minion and my former minder out to dinner tonight. They are very nice, normal people. Being with them made me acutely re-aware of how not nice and not normal I am. If I ever could just traveled with the mainstream -- which I doubt -- it's too late to get the knack of now. I have my husband and my work. It's a lot to be grateful for.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I am better, courage, thank you! Not 100% yet but I am back to work, eating normal food, back at Zumba and my regular routine.

The studio where I work, I asked the owner for nutrition help, I said, look. I eat healthy (vegetarian, no carbs other than nuts and veggies) but I'm still heavy. Please help me.I met with her and a doctor and they put me on this plan 8 weeks ago and I have been so discouraged because the scale would not move. They had me take a pic the other day.:.. It looks like I'm down a ton of weight! Like, my face is different, my stomach is different....

She put the pics on her Facebook page and said something like, she did this in 8 weeks, ask us how you can too! And people are commenting with "I want to do that!" Or "I wish I could do that!" It is totally surreal

Courage, who wants to be normal? I get that feeling too, and it's usually when I'm beating myself up for not living up to what I think people should be or how people washouts act and I'm down on myself. But I'm an odd ball and I'm ok with it now. Lol

Hi Dee! RAL, Alice, gonzo, fallow, marria hope you all are well
Old 08-02-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
p***enger

Wow -- that's great news, Tam! That nutritionist really knows her stuff!
Old 08-08-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

How is everyone doing?
Old 08-08-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good thanks Tam - was ill, not now

D
Old 08-17-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hey gang, just stopping by, busy with summer, tired of forest fires to the north, south, east and west. Our valley has been socked in with smoke for what feels like months. Fall can't come fast enough. Not much on the go, just work and some golf when it's not too hot (which means not much lately). Work is alright, the project from hell is almost done, picked up another small one that will finish us off for the season so that's out of the way.

That's about it, still pretty quiet in these parts, hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Gonzo!

I just got back from seeing my son married. Keeping a low profile until the jet lag and a bunch of emotion-heavy stuff settle down. All's good here though. Nice to see you!
Old 08-17-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Gonzo and courage

D
Old 08-23-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

How was the wedding Courage? Are you back home now? hope you had a great time in Switzerland. Did you travel much?

Glad to hear your work has improved Tam - good on you for standing up for yourself and getting a successful outcome. How are you feeling after your op?

hope the fires have stopped Gonzo

Not much to report really. Spent all summer juggling childcare and driving to and from England for my relatives to look after Jr RAL whilst I worked. I'm shattered! school started last week so back to some semblance of normality.

I'm happy. My child is happy, we have a lovely home and I love my job. Every day I thank God for how lucky I am. I have a peaceful and serene life that I never knew I could have.

On a romantic note some of you may remember my post many months ago when I said the new man in my life said he loved me but was not in love with me which led me to question the difference and ask your opinions. Anyway he has said he is now in love with me. Feeling very happy

Hope you are keeping well Dee. Is it cold in Oz? We've had no summer this year-it's been shocking!!

Anyway , again I will say hello more often and stand by it this time

xx
Old 08-23-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

I feel I need to use SR more. feel like I need to re-balance and gain perspective again. I don't know why or really what I mean. I have no thoughts of drinking or anything. I don't know. Does anyone else feel like this at times?
Old 08-23-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Ready -- I've never cut back from the forum (though I don't use the name of it anymore -- my little dig, never mind). I stay subscribed here, and a few other places, and check in every day. I developed a bunch of little things in early recovery, and it's been my policy not to drop anything that's helped me. Not even AA, though I've cut way back. I don't want ever to become a stranger to help again.

It's lovely to see you here again. The wedding was fine -- funny but fine. It was in French, which my son doesn't speak, so I expect he has little idea what Swiss laws he's now accountable to. There was some middle-of-the-night screaming (not from the bride or groom), and a panic over a missing dog that fortunately was found. My husband & I left town before anyone failed at their earnest attempts to be as nice as possible.

I'm glad you sound so well!
Old 08-23-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Thanks courage. I'm glad the wedding went well and wish your son many years of happiness and a new daughter in law for you.

You speak wisely, I should never have cut back from this class and become so distant. It's so easy to slip away. It's not an arrogance of thinking I've got this thing beat so don't need SR anymore or anything like that. More just a reduction in checking in and then realizing I never do check in.

I don't know what's changed recently. Anyway I'm back and glad to be so. I need to make more effort and prioritize what matters in life.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

It wasn't really cold RAL - nearly back to summer now LOL

D
Old 08-23-2015, 11:13 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

That's good Dee

Hope everyone has a good week