# 461 (permalink)  
Administrator

as long as it's not your ear-drums

D
Old 09-27-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
p***enger

Nah. Are you pierced? Any tattoos?

I used to do my own piercings when I was feeling extra squirrely. With an ice cube, a needle, and vodka. The worst thing, after I got the needle through, was getting an earring in after it. I don't have the stomach for it any more. No tattoos, either. I just don't want to be stuck with a single statement.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
p***enger

Oh, and the Mike Tyson thing? I'm a total coward. I'll fling things around, and kick and bite, and break and cut, but the only person I ever hurt badly was myself.

I'm so restless tonight. Maybe it's the moon. She's lovely but I see how she's sad tonight, over-shadowed by us clods. Sad with a kind of a mixture of love & pity -- she doesn't have any life of her own, after all, just us and the sun.

Sometimes I wonder about my long-run odds. I try not to, the ODAAT thing, but it just doesn't seem plausible to me. Anyway, if this is only a window, I'm trying to make the most of it.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had my ear pierced once a millenia ago but it's grown over now lol

and who knows? the moon might party on the dark side...
D
Old 09-27-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
p***enger

I hope she does!

You know people are saying that NASA may announce tomorrow that there's running water on Mars. That would make me excited. The pope, and the moon, and water on Mars. What a week!

I'm going to massage my calendar for a while. Then I'll listen to old recordings of Sherlock Holmes stories to put me to sleep. If I don't see more of you tonight, thanks Dee, & g'nite. xxoo
Old 09-28-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
p***enger

Old 10-01-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
p***enger

Oh come on, folks, was that so offensive?

If yes, I'm sorry. I get a little carried away sometimes, I know.

Hugs all around.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
p***enger

I did a big thing today. I severed a relationship that was very closely tied to my alcoholism and that I'd been participating in for the last 3.5 years, since before I first joined this class. It wasn't hard by this time. And events coincided to make it easier. I feel like I got off lucky, but I think the simplicity of it all, in the end, was due not only to a certain amount of luck but to my complete clarity about this as a right thing that I'm now strong enough for. It had been like a crutch & I don't need it anymore.

I'm happy about it. I'm over-thinking it a bit and second-guessing, 's why I'm posting about it, and will also talk to my sponsor about it in a couple of days. And then I hope it will become one of those bits of the wreckage of the past that only give you a couple of twinges when you're wallowing.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't see it til now...busy days - do you still like it, Courage?

As for the severing - I enjoy lopping off some dead wood every now and again

D
Old 10-02-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hey D -- yes, I'm pleased with the piercing. The guy in the tattoo parlor did it by hand because there's not a lot of skin to grab with a clamp around my navel, so it looks a little crooked to me, but crooked suits. I'm gradually telling the story of the adventure with some tangents on the Writing Sober thread, if you want to know more

Re dead wood. Gardeners do something with bulb flowers called "deadheading", which is cutting off the blooms before they start to fade to prepare for more growth and flowering next year.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
. It wasn't hard by this time. And events coincided to make it easier.
I feel like I got off lucky,
but I think the simplicity of it all,
my complete clarity about this as a right thing that
I'm now strong enough for.

I'm happy about it.
I've cut these bits out courage as your post really jumped out as so positive and determined. Good on you for making the step you needed to make.

I hope your week improved from last week.

I am surprised at your piercings in a nice way of course I imagined you as a sensible mature lady lecturer - now I have images of you as a bit of a wild child Maybe I'm just boring no piercings no tattoos, same as you Dee ears pierced years ago but closed up now.

How is your son getting on? Has all the paperwork been sorted now? when is he off? did you get chance to speak with him as you were thinking of doing?

Tam - how is your son getting on with his driving lessons?

has anyone heard from Taz? hope she is ok.

It's nice to have a lazy weekend at home for once though I've not stopped all day - washing,ironing, cleaning, baking bread and cakes, cleaning hens out, mowing grass & taking jr to the park plus picked 2kg of blackberries for jam, cheesecakes and just nibbling!!

I'm getting rather excited as off to Greece in 10 days. Lots to do this week at home and work before we go as am off work for ten whole days though only away for 1 week. Feeling giddy - counting the days, suitcases packed already, checked in online, seats booked
(I know I know, I'm crazy )

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.x
Old 10-03-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
I imagined you as a sensible mature lady lecturer
I guess the disguise has been working.

Greece sounds wonderful. We're cold and rainy here.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
I guess the disguise has been working.

Greece sounds wonderful. We're cold and rainy here.

Hope I made you laugh at least

We've had the best week of the year so far weather wise but turning today.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Hope I made you laugh at least

We've had the best week of the year so far weather wise but turning today.
I'm glad you've had some beautiful weather. In Greece isn't the weather always wonderful?

I hope I didn't sound dismissive with that comment about the disguise. The sensible mature lady lecturer is a pretty serious thing for me.

All my life I've been the kind of person who said, I won't accept labels. I don't identify with categories -- man, woman, christian, jew, whatever.

Maybe admitting I was an alcoholic made me think differently. Maybe it's all just a spree. But whatever, I'm ready to say, if anyone wants to label me, come and get it: I'm a diagnosed bipolar, menopausal, American white lesbian substance abuser and alcoholic. I'm married to a heterosexual man and make my living in a 2nd rate academic institution that tries to prove its intellectuall legitimacy by holding only the most correct attitudes.

One way of reading my last 15 or so years is that maintaining disguises practically killed me. I'm not flashing people in department meetings, but if I can't go to them drunk and beyond caring (and I can't), I won't phoney myself up to please the regime-that-is.

On the other hand, the reason I worked so hard to push myself into oblivion was because of negative consequences of living a life that was more "out there." So I'm trying not to get out of hand. I recognize I'm a little manic now, and I don't prove anything by acting out.

Balance is not my strong suit, so wish me and anyone who encounters me well.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

I didn't mean to cause you any offence saying what I said courage. sorry if I offended you. It's just we all get idea and pictures of people in our minds over the internet when we've never met them.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Howdy all! Been sick lately and trying to get over it. Sinus infection and the mess have had some adverse effects. But today I was able to do more than sleep and I took the boy driving!

RAL, he is much better, we can actually go places other than a parking lot. Lol how are you and Sam? And your beau?

Courage, how are you hanging in there? It's ok to be somewhat out there. I generally seek those people out. Better to be you than someone or something else.

Dee, how are you?

I hope everyone is doing well, it is quiet in here... I've been trying to do less screen times over all and have started to learn to sew alone with the furniture refinishing that I have done.

Have a good rest of your weekend!
Old 10-04-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
p***enger

Totally no offense, Ready -- I was rather worried it was the other way around!

Thanks for the support, Tam and RAL! If I'm out there, it's good not to be alone.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Administrator

tbh, I'm not great at the moment Tam - no doubt something not too serious tho

D
Old 10-04-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm sorry to hear that, Dee.

Also sorry you've been sick, Tam.

No cures here, but maybe a cheerup -- just found this cover by Dr. John of a great classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTMWNWrE3Uc
Old 10-04-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Courage

D