Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 21

Old 12-20-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Wolf!

Last weekend before Christmas, oh will the stores be full!

My biggest Christmas gig was Thursday, glad it is over and was successful. Several churches and choral groups combined to do Vaughan Williams' "Hodie", a big choral Christmas oratorio. Interesting people, the organizers started a program a few years ago to perform something Christmas themed other than the over done "Messiah" every year. First time I have sang with them and it was quite good. First part of the concert had some choirs and the organ playing old English carols. We had organ, brass and percussion, but not the full orchestra for which the piece was written. Only charged $20 for the admission and a reception so an orchestra was out of the budget.

Oh was the wine flowing. And how I remember similar evenings after a concert going home even more smashed than I started.

Glad that is all out of the way. I thought I had a rehearsal for something Friday, but I did not. Free Day, so I did some shopping for Christmas dinner and got some Chinese carry out, was too lazy to cook... besides I had cleaned the kitchen.

Nothing today either, but to review for tomorrow's gig. A Christmas song in German... I am not the best at German even though it is a great language to sing.

Stay sober all, glad the ears of the Overs are making progress. I have had similar ear issues and still have tinnitus in one ear to prove it.

to all!
Old 12-20-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hello Overs.

Have a good day.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

The stockings (all 9 of them) are still empty, so I've got to pick which day looks least hellacious to go to Five Below (the local $5 store--much more toy and candy variety than the average dollar store). Weekends? Shudder! The three days leading up to Christmas? Maybe at the crack of 10 am, the second they open.

Monday. I can do that.

Ordinarily I'd say Tuesday, but this particular Tuesday it's getting too close to Christmas.

*I've discovered that the best time to go to the Division of Motor Vehicles is the second it opens Tuesday morning, in my case 8 am. Total time spent: < 1/2 hour!
Old 12-20-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

You have a good day, too, Andy!
Old 12-20-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks so much for all the kind words about my dad. Just taking a little bit of a breather this afternoon. The visitation is tomorrow night and the funeral will be on Monday. I'll be spending all next week with family and then helping to move my mom to assisted living on Friday. Next Saturday, we have another smaller memorial service for my dad a few hours away where he grew up and still has many relatives and friends. He touched so many with his love and kindness through the years. Your thoughts and prayers are VERY much appreciated.

Itch, glad to "hear" that the ear is doing a bit better...hope it keeps improving for you

Sorry I can't respond individually to everyone, but I'm still very much in mourning right now.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

(((FBL))) ♥♥♥

We are thinking of you love.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((fbl)))
Old 12-21-2014, 11:18 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Re-Member

FBL
You take the time you need. Post what you need and don't worry about answering us. Just know I am in solidarity with you.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:20 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Do your best

Its Monday ive fasted from last night i have only drank water since 8pm and this time no forgetting

Will find out a lot hopefully from these tests

Have an exellent Monday overs

7.20am

(((FBL))) I agree with Itch post what you need to post

Morning Itch

Hi D
Old 12-21-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Administrator

best of luck SW

D
Old 12-22-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good Morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone
Old 12-22-2014, 12:22 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Good morning Andy ♥♥
Old 12-22-2014, 12:26 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just got my blood test done, going to have a big breakfast and do some shopping.I find out in 7-10 days.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:09 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

WOLFIE I adore your new avatar! I want to hug that little wolf cub everytime I see it! I hope you hear something soon and in the meantime I hope you are pain free for the festivities.

Itchy same goes for you love. ( not the hugging your avatar thing!)

FBL my thoughts are with you and yours, especially your dear mom. We are here for you.

I am about to spend this week practising patience and forebearance in the presence of one who brushes my fur the wrong way. I fear my dentist may have her work cut out.
I will be here or walking the dog. A lot.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Do your best

Toots practicing patience really pays off and thank you for your kindness

I was discussing patience with a few ppl this week in my real life & they were commenting on how patient ive become it really works aswell i still get inpatient but the more i practice it the better it gets

Ive got regular doc apt tomorrow and will see how ear is doing since last time hopefully they will give good news

When they took my blood i could see where my blood was running up my hand little lines i had really relieved i done that i find out within 10 days

Me & my gf had breakfast and done some early morning christmas shopping but mrs soberwolf started feeling ill so now were at home

Hi Treerat

Thank you D
Old 12-22-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

toots

try the "PAT" method

Patience, Acceptance, Tolerance
Old 12-22-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Congratulations, SW, that now you can wash your hand! Hope you learn something concrete from your test results that will allow you to be quickly and effectively treated.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Gilmer
Old 12-22-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Re-Member

IP,
In this case the problem was it got unburied. So no ceremony for the old run over mailbox. Good for you on your writing adventure. Look, as long as you are eating enough to thrive, and have a roof and bed, shower and hot water, you are rich beyond the wildest dreams of 3 billion of our fellow travelers on spaceship Earth who live on less than $2.50 a day. World Poverty Statistics | Statistic Brain

You are living your dream. You took a chance on yourself and are scraping by, better than many recovering alcoholics will ever do!

More importantly you are learning that our culture is not the only culture. And, like the writers of the 1920s in Paris who later became very well off from their writing, some, to make big bucks wrote what sold! Read any bio of one of my favorites, Anais Nin. You have not had to resort to that. I have a feeling that you need to forge a new life, and a new perspective that your old rut could never provide. I'm so proud for you. I wish you, and most of the folks here could see yourselves from my perspective.

I've been called brave, and knew fear. Funny how the courageous never feel particularly courageous or aware of anything at the time, but do, or if not, suffer the consequences.

When you climb out of the pool, all you remember is swimming not sinking.

Sometimes we have to just jump in the deep end. Don't even consider failing IP. You've completed step one. Now take step two and find your price and how to get it.

Later in life, we all look back and marvel at how easy it was in hindsight. And how if we just placed value on ourselves, it was always paid. Low or high.

If you are selling something for a bargain price, you might find no takers. Funny thing, about half the time, if you raise the price to what YOU would expect to pay, many times it sells. People value services and goods in direct proportion to what they have pay.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the gullibility of those who can afford the very best. I've found, in many areas, they haven't a clue themselves. They go by the price, and if necessary "acquire a taste" for it and learn to defend their choice.

Be the best. Don't ask, give them one chance to be part of your team. Don't worry, you'll eventually realize you are worth it.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Re-Member

LSC,
Sohappy that you are finding some peace!

RZ,
That's what I get for hanging the lights. She cleaned the truck inside and out, even the undercarriage, I'll give her that.

SW,
No problem. CT scan tomorrow AM then ENT @ 1:30. At this point I wouldn't care if he put a tube in. Hope yours is better too.

Drake,
What a great show that sounded like. When are you gonna youtube some??

Gil,
Did you get the stockings stuffed?

Hi Andy!

Toots?
Is your dentist the one? Or is it the gnashing teeth your dentist will have to deal with? My God woman, your not thinking of biting them????

Dog walk good. Bite like dog bad.

Hope the other stays out of your way.

SW,
I hope you studied up for your tests! Let us know your grades.

RZ,
PAT sounds good!

I've had a rough weekend with a cold from going to the Docs! I forget there are airborne contagious folks there. It blocked my ear up again but it seems to be clearing again. We'll see tomorrow. I also had some things go wrong that a few days of patience turned around. No danger of drinking. I like my downs as well as my ups. Beats mindless nothing under the influence.