Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 21

Old 12-17-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thank Dee! I've got the head of the ENT community here for mine and he got a little perturbed when I came in and showed him the five meds my GP gave me and told him my GP gave me two shots that day. I told him that he had said he tried everything and it is not responding, and I decided to call in my reinforcements. Not much he could say as the pain is gone and I can chew with no pain again. They called today and my CT scan is for the 23rd at 11:30, and then the same day at 1:30 I see him for the results and next step.

SW hang in there bud! Why are they bouncing you all over? I thought you were getting better?

Folks, I'm sorry, this must be boring. I'm fine, the pain is gone, and I'm hopeful of a full recovery again. If I do, I've learned how rude people can be if they have to repeat something they act like I temporarily lost my hearing just to pix them off! And how stupid it feels to miss half or more of a conversation.

Have a great hump day!
Old 12-17-2014, 10:42 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hi guys. What a lovely story Andy. It's those sorts of things I need to hear sometimes to remind me the world isn't all doom and gloom.

After my Dad died, my Mum was sorting through some things and she found a diary belonging to her Father, my Grandad, that he'd kept during WW2. She passed it on to me and I just love reading through it. He was stationed in Italy and he wrote with such love about my Nan and Mum and how he missed them.
Love amongst the death and destruction.

Hope you guys with your ear problems get better soon.

2 more days...then I not only leave my job, but I'm driving up to pick my daughter up from uni, and I just can't wait to see her. We talk and text every day anyway, but I miss her bubbly, untidy, chatty personality around the place. Our son is a quiet soul and he's not here a lot of the time now...but she just doesn't stop talking...and I need the place to be filled with her excitement and happiness. It will give me a lift. She's told me to bring a Christmas CD with me so we can sing all the way home...and we will!

I hope you all gave a good day x
Old 12-17-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Over.

Jeni - singing all the way home sounds fun.

Have a good day everyone
Old 12-18-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Do your best

Im thinking of changing Doctor

My ear is improving with the eardrops i think

The ENT apt is to find out why it reoccured and they cocked up the apt but i went there yesterday picked up the paperwork and made the apt myself it is penciled in definatly for Jan so thats that apt sorted

i found out by chance online that i have had an ordinary doc apt made for me on the 23rd i rang them 8am this morning to confirm it they said yes i said nobody told me !!!

Once this infection clears up im changing doctors

Thank you to everyone on this thread

Jeni that sounds so nice have a great catch up with your daughter

Hi Treerat

Itch we both have apt on 23rd i really hope Ct scan goes well bud

Thank you to every over in this thread and sorry for getting a bit down last week
Old 12-18-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Guys: One week and not a single migraine or head pain or facial nerve pain or neck pain or shoulder pain or upper back pain........
It's a bloody Christmas miracle!

I hope all the ear issues everyone is having heals FAST!
Old 12-18-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go LotusBlossom

Great news
Old 12-18-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Guys!

I got some hearing back!!!! I am proud to say I AM an idiot! Remember me saying I hoped I was proven an idiot who ended up OK? OK it is just a little but it cleared a bit and instead of so much pressure that nothing could move, thus no hearing at all perceived, it is now like a normal cold stuffed up ear or an altitude changed ear that didn't equalize. like diving in a jet from 30k feet making a practice combat landing just to scare the passenger, as two pilots did while I was taking a hop as the only passenger. I couldn't hear out of both ears for three days. But that was muffled hearing, not completely gone as mine was. So now I have muffled hearing!!

Thanks Jeni,
Actually, I am hearing that bubbly excitement from you now too. The diary is precious. What a gift.

Hi Andy!

LB! awesome!
Old 12-18-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Do your best

Itchy this is Awesome news !!!!

So so happy for you your officially in the muffled hearing club

Exellent news Itch
Old 12-18-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Itchy-

Wolfie-

Way to go, excellent news. Our resident "ear guys".
Um Itchy did you say that both pilots jumped out of a plane you were in???? Can you elaborate on that story please!!?? Wtf.

I'm doing ok. Not great, not bad. Just, meh. Working lots, lots of solo time. I am so grumpy about not being able to run, it SUCKS. I did a yoga video last night. It was pretty nice but yeah not the same as a good run.

LB-so happy for you! You must feel so immensely relieved-like a new lease on life. And just in time for Christmas, that's so great. How is the little one and Jaden(?Sorry)?

My dad visited my brother in jail today. He had sworn that he would never visit him in jail again, after the last time and all the addiction/enabling/codependency issues. But he felt bad about not seeing him before he went away for Christmas. He said he seems well. Jail suits him, it seems.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Do your best

Resident ear guys lol i tell you 1 thing il never look at an ear infection the same way again i have a new found respect for ear infections lol im so happy for itch it made my day to read his post

Sorry about your ankle and brother IP i hope the ankle heals quickly

Glucosamine is a cartlidge vitimin i take for the arthritis i have in my ankle it really really helps you might want to try IP
Old 12-18-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I got an emergency phone call from my brother yesterday morning saying that he needed help with moving my folks to assisted living, so I rushed to his house (6 hours one-way). I decided to go and visit with my parents. My dad was struggling to speak, but we were able to have a bit of a conversation. Before I left, I told him that I loved him and he kissed me on the cheek. This morning we were all set to move them to assisted living, but the nurse said my dad had a rough night, so we called some of the other hospice folks and they said he didn't have much longer to live. So, we spent about the next four hours slowly watching him slip away. He passed a little after 12 noon today. My heart is broken, but I'm glad that he went peacefully and didn't seem to suffer. Now we have funeral plans instead of holiday plans. We also still need to get Mom's situation squared away. We are taking things one step at a time and both of my older brothers are here to help. Any positive thoughts and prayers are needed and appreciated.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

(((FBL))) ♥♥

My heart goes out to you and your family.
Sending you massive amounts of love.
And prayers for you all to get through the sadness of this loss.

Thank God you were able to be there ~ your dad knew how much you loved him, will always love him.

We are all with you...

Venus ♥
Old 12-18-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Administrator

many prayers to you and your family FBL.

D
Old 12-18-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Oh no FBL, so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you. I'll pray for you and your family.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Itch, so so happy and relieved that you have found some hearing. Some hearing. wow. It will get better. Good.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
instant

FBL

Sorry for your loss. I am comforted to hear you had some time together before he passed on.

Stay sober guys whilst all around us "party" (break up day today!!)
Old 12-18-2014, 10:01 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Re-Member

FBL,
I am so glad you and your dad got time to reaffirm each other's respect and love. That he didn't suffer says he made the right decision. I'm sorry for your loss of him, the long sober example to you, and vicariously through you, to many of us here. I hope your mother can find comfort in her boys, because I am sure it is there for the taking. As proud of him as you were, perhaps you can help remember the good and funny times again. What would he ask you to do, if he were available to ask? I know how powerful a son's love can be for a dad. Not all of us get that. He did.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

FBL I'm so sorry to hear your news. How comforting that you were able to make that drive to see him and be with him. My heart goes out to you xxx
Old 12-18-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks SW, brother "resident ear guy." (does that mean we're "eary?"

IP,
The pilots stayed in the plane! They did a training simulation of landing on a field surrounded by enemy fire. They went into a steep dive almost at the runway from around 15000 or so feet, then leveling out, to prevent being an easy target on along slow approach. So they, as many pilots are with and non flier on board, ask if we want to try some exciting moves and then do their best to see if they can make you fill you barf bag. So we all went down and changed atmospheric pressures so fast my ears would not "Pop" and were muffled for two days. I also had a very young Lt auto-rotate us down with engines shut down and dropping until enough speed is achieved to flare the rotors and cause them to provide lift for a softer than crash landing. Of course they recovered at 1000 feet or so.

Tough luck on the ankle. It'll heal. I know, alcoholics and immediate gratification. Even recovered that is one it takes will to overcome.

Hey girl, you will sort yourself out fine. But you can't change your brother or Dad's feelings. Nor stop your own feelings about them. We can however choose how we act them out. Your choices have been pretty darn good lately. Trust yourself, you can.

Dot,
Thanks! Yes, it will get better now, I think.

I hope everyone finds peace for the season.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((FBL))) sending thoughts & prayers

Really sorry friend