View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
DrakeCKC

Wolf!

Last weekend before Christmas, oh will the stores be full!

My biggest Christmas gig was Thursday, glad it is over and was successful. Several churches and choral groups combined to do Vaughan Williams' "Hodie", a big choral Christmas oratorio. Interesting people, the organizers started a program a few years ago to perform something Christmas themed other than the over done "Messiah" every year. First time I have sang with them and it was quite good. First part of the concert had some choirs and the organ playing old English carols. We had organ, brass and percussion, but not the full orchestra for which the piece was written. Only charged $20 for the admission and a reception so an orchestra was out of the budget.

Oh was the wine flowing. And how I remember similar evenings after a concert going home even more smashed than I started.

Glad that is all out of the way. I thought I had a rehearsal for something Friday, but I did not. Free Day, so I did some shopping for Christmas dinner and got some Chinese carry out, was too lazy to cook... besides I had cleaned the kitchen.

Nothing today either, but to review for tomorrow's gig. A Christmas song in German... I am not the best at German even though it is a great language to sing.

Stay sober all, glad the ears of the Overs are making progress. I have had similar ear issues and still have tinnitus in one ear to prove it.

to all!