# 183 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats V
Old 12-15-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Wolfie, congrats on 17 months!

V, best of luck on the new career direction.

Itch, thanks for sharing. I'm also certain that I'm done with the drinking. That said, I'm still learning how to cope with some things sober. After all, I spent nearly 30 years numbing myself to many things in life, both good and bad. Yet, somehow I knew from that day in June of 2009 that this time things were going to be different and I'd never have to endure that particular kind of hell that we all experienced in our own ways.

Have a great day, overs!
Old 12-15-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

FBL ~ thinking of you and your family.
Sending you all love.

V xx
Old 12-15-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Itchy;5076805]Congrats to all with milestones! You are well over one year into "Life - The Sequel."

Rick,
So glad your rough week is over, you have 13 months, and today is a whole new week to maybe be better.

Love BC. We were full time RVs for seven years after military retirement at 45. One year we did Alaska and went to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Yellowstone Park, Glacier National Park, then crossed into Alberta at Roosville. We were moseying North just as it thawed. Then we did Banff Provincial Park, the Jasper Ice Fields, and Lake Louise, all gorgeous and many memories. Then we found weather good so headed over to Prince George BC to start to Dawson Creek to Watson Lake, White Horse, Haines Junction, and on up to Tok, Alaska, which we hit in late May. Then we did the Summer all over Alaska from May-September 5th when we left Valdiz and doubled back almost to Watson Lake,and turned South down the Cassiar.. We had taken the Alaska Highway up, and decided to take the Cassiar Highway back and see more of BC. But we were in a hurry as the freezing rain was chasing us. We did stop by the largest Jade mine on the continent. We were almost stuck in construction mud and the chemicals they put on them was like concrete on our rigs, so we took one day to clean our rigs, two 36 foot HitchHiker 5th wheels. We made it down to Price George again and headed to the Sumas crossing into Washington state rather than face the traffic on the Peace Bridge. We made it to The Strand on the South end of Coronado Island CA. to a military RV park and Yacht club. In the Pacific side of San Diego Bay. My mom with Alzheimer's lived there before she died a couple of years later. It is almost to Tijuana Mexico, only five miles from the border crossing. We made it down from near the top of the world almost to Mexico in about 12 days. I envy you the beautiful country you live in and see daily.

Itchy - what a great trip you described. You drove within about 1 hour past my place. I am in the Okanagan Valley. Our rec property on the river is south east of Kelowna on the Kettle River. About 10 miles north of the US border.
After living and work travel to big cities my whole life, this spot is definetely the last stop on our train. The OK Valley is so beautiful. Orchards, vineyards, golf, skiing, lakes. Very mild climate. The Okanagan Lake is 90 miles long and acts as a hot water bottle in the winter months, keeping the air warmer.
40 miles south of here is the only true desert in Canada - Oliver/Osoyoos area. We Okanaganites encourage you to come and visit, spend your US dollars here. Hahahha
Rick
Old 12-15-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Venuscat - feel free to pm me with any questions you have - I am a qualified practising accountant and can get my head round debits and credits I am very pleased you are taking a new direction, all for yourself!

LB - ahhh! Imagine having a tongue tie for your whole life! I am very glad you got it fixed and really glad all those symptoms have gone!

Everyone - hi there! It is good to be here
Old 12-15-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Just a to let you know I am here and reading but there are so many posts I may not get through them all

Wolfie, I guess at least they didn't break the door down!! Sorry you went through that I hope they apologised properly.

FG, now you tell me! Coulda had you doin my accounts for the last few years!! Haha. Actually my accountant works in Dunfermline....... !

VC that's great honey, it's a really good job as you can do it for lots of small companies, in an office, from home or in a large company.

Itchy I admit, sometimes I have to speed read your posts or I would never get to work! I do mean to go back to them when I have time but then another day goes by! IP, I always feel better starting the day with a stagger, it puts me in a more positive frame of mind.

Congratulations on all milestones, hubby told me Sunday how proud he was of me for reaching mine.

Also I have E-published my novel, so it is now available online. I am so proud of myself, not just for writing a full length book (110k words) but for following it through and having the belief in myself to put it together with a cover and putting it out there. As hubby says, in fifteen years time, my book will still be around for anyone wanting to read it. ( well unless the apocalypse happens, in which case I doubt anyone will care too much anyhoo!!) so the book being out there was a wonderful 21 month anniversary present to myself, reminding me of what I can achieve if I reach out for it and believe in myself.

Gilmer, how is Pappa Gilmer doing? Xx

Hugs to overs old and young xx
Old 12-15-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking, Toots. I try to wake up before he does to prevent him from eating before his fasting blood glucose test, but he's as slippery as an eel! I have actually had to hide his cereal so he can't get at it!

I'm supposed to give him a snack at bedtime, but he goes to sleep before I can intercept him.

But his heart is doing fine.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello overs hope you are ok

Hope the ear is improving itch

Thank you all for the kind msgs (((Fbl, Itch, toots, D, V, Nef, IP, Jenni, Gilmer)))

sorry if i have missed anyone

my brother is now over a week sober

i will take my bloodtests this week after the mess ups on both parts last week

feeling better the last couple months have been rough and i think the worst is over my ear will eventually heal my bloodtests will be taken this week and my brother is bk on track

Thank you all for your kind wise words
Old 12-15-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

So glad that your ear is improving, SW!
Old 12-15-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
instant

I'm having a few days off. I laid in bed in that half awake state. I thought about my my usual experience upon waking
  1. where am I? (oftentimes I was asleep on the lounge)
  2. what happened last night? In the end I was having blackouts
  3. review of body, nausea, head and hydration situation
  4. what time is it?
  5. All the while going through through a dozen or so mental and emotional loops about the "alcohol" situation- a common one of which was "I'll be OK if I can make it to lunchtime" LOL

I was High Functioning apparently

this time I am up bright and ready for action. Life awaits
Old 12-15-2014, 09:22 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs, hope everyone's ok and remember ' everything comes to pass'. Whatever is thrown your way, you deal with it and it's gone. It sometimes take longer for some situations and may be persistent, but sober, we can face the world and learn to live the best we can with the tools we have.

Congratulations to all the milestoners, you're doing a brilliant job.

I'm still full of cold and chesty cough, got loads to do, though.
May have something more sensible yo write when my cottonwool head clears, lol.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Good morning all. V I'm just so happy and excited for you! Having that qualification will open all sorts of doors for you.

I hope everyone who is poorly feels better soon and everyone has a good day.

I spent the day yesterday with the lady who is taking over my job after Christmas and we had a kind of handover. It felt very strange.

Love to you all x
Old 12-15-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Re-Member

V girl!
Way to go! And you have tutoring offered already! Talk about a one stop support shop!

SW,
My GP seems to have really helped with all the drugs he put me on and the two shots. I am still taking the last of the meds from the ENT doc who I see again tomorrow. I decided to go and either we decide I need another doc, or he works hand in hand with my GP. See my GP does not have the vacuum and spray desiccant disinfectant for the outer canal.

My pain is gone mostly. I can chew with no pain at all! No hearing has returned to my right ear, but now I can hope a little. I never realized how handicapping just poor hearing can be.

Thanks all for your kind words.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:38 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Venus - great news on your bookkeeping course.

Itchy - good to hear you are getting rid of the pain.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:27 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I went for a run last night in the wet (stupid) and sprained my damned ankle. Lesson learned: rough european cobblestones and rain=NO RUNNING. Duh. Luckily though thank god it is only a mild sprain thus will serve as a lesson to be more careful! And also that I need to stop pretendig that I don't have weak ankles and start exercising them more to strengthen....I've had a few severe sprains that have left them both basically garbage. Yet I continue to run on them as though there's no problem. Anyway--LESSON LEARNED, UNIVERSE, ok I get it! I will take better care of my ankles so I can keep running. The thought of not being able to run scares me, it's the only thing I have that makes me feel happy! (Well, that sounds kind of sad. Not the only thing but almost!)

I'm trying to take care of loose ends that have been bothering me--I've been avoiding a few situations, because that's what I do, avoid situations, but I tackled two head on yesterday and feel better. Not amazing or anything, but I feel less squirrelly and depressed. I HAVE to stop hiding from life. I almost ran away the other day. I was SO CLOSE to just packing up and bolting. But I decided to do the right thing, to stick it out and finish the things I've started here.

I've been liking myself a lot more lately. It is good.

VENUS----Congratulations on your new life path!!!! That is so awesome and exciting. Way to take the reins and steer yourself where you want to go.

Itchy, so glad your hearing is better!

Gilmer--your dad sounds like my grandpa. SO stubborn and impossible. But loveable.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:01 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Got a call from my brother yesterday. My dad fell twice...once on Sunday night and again on Monday morning. Thankfully he wasn't hurt. However, it did prompt a family conference call last night. We've all decided that both mom & dad need to move into assisted living. Luckily, it looks like we'll be able to get them moved in as early as this coming Thursday! Mom's already had a tour and it sounds like a very nice place. They are both ready and willing to go as they realize it'll be best for them in the long run. I'm still planning my trip home for Christmas, so hopefully I can help to get them settled.

Have a great Tuesday, overs!
Old 12-16-2014, 02:49 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((Fbl))) so sorry about your dad

Hope the ankle heals quick IP

Way to go itch im using anti fungal ear drops and they seem to be working i rang doc this morning to make sure i can get a repeat medicine for over the holidays as the medicine insert says once medicine is finished to take it again so it eradicates it hopefully our ears will keep improving glad to hear your out of pain

Morning Tr

Hi Jeni ((()))

Thank you toots & gilmer

Mags i swear by honey lemon & ginger
Old 12-16-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Really, really happy to hear your parents are moving into assisted living FBL.
So sorry about your dad's falls....I know what this is like. My dad has been hospitalised twice this past year from fall injuries.

Glad you seem to be more at peace now with moving forward Jen. I just know this new job will be wonderful for you.

I have weak ankles too InPar (not an Aquarian by any chance, are you?) Glad you didn't get badly hurt. AND WELL DONE YOU on sticking it out! Proud of you girl!!

Wow, there are so many of us here now that it is almost a full-time job to try and keep up...thank you all for your support on my career choice (and I already PM'd feeling-good, you bet I want the help!!!)

Love and goodnight to all of you....off to find toots' novel.

V xx