Notices

Class of September 2014 part 2

Old 09-26-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Even with 4 kids they should have emailed... but maybe she forgot.

Packing up kids and taking them somewhere, depending on their age, can be a nighmare in and of itself. Meeting somewhere with the kids might work, or maybe offer to stop by her place?
That was my initial thought as well nmd.....

I only have (1) spoiled-*** child. So, I'm not sure about that demand personally, but I can imagine it has to be difficult to balance.....
Old 09-26-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back Cecilia
Hope you're doing ok too ANewDay?

welcome ejm

Congratulations to findingthewway and luper - 30 days is great

have a great sober weekend gang

D
Old 09-26-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee - today was a good day, just going to take it easy tonight. Since I am tired from last night I don't feel tempted. Will need to make plans for Saturday though.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

And the weddning guest...

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
That was my initial thought as well nmd.....

I only have (1) spoiled-*** child. So, I'm not sure about that demand personally, but I can imagine it has to be difficult to balance.....
Neverthought, seen as you were a stoner when you met your wife and she was surprised that you knew...the poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.....this is for you....

you might enjoy Bruce's little ramble

Iron Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Live after Death'85) 'good quality' - YouTube
Old 09-26-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Day 6 started off rough, lots of anxiety and guilt. Through prayer and keeping occupied I have found some peace to hopefully rest easy tonight. Can't wait for day 7 tomorrow!! Wishing u all a good and sober night!
Old 09-26-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Tonight was stressful. I was out with family, and on the way home back to my house. I thought about stopping off and getting a bottle of wine. I mean I have haven't had any in 5 days now…what would be the harm. But I did not stop, pulled into my driveway and am going to bed early. I realize that family stress is a trigger for me, and I have to find other ways to relax and decompress from it other than wine.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

ughhh, i slipped this week. not sure what to do, not sure what I want. I didn't drink today though, so that's good. Heading to bed early. I plan on catching up on posts tomorrow
Old 09-26-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi thisibelieve

Look back at what you've been doing for your recovery..then, take a deep breath and accept the hard fact you need to do more.

What else can you do for your recovery this week?
Old 09-26-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

ok, can't sleep so, I went back and read a bunch of posts. I appreciate so much how honest everyone is here, so I think it would help me to be able to explain myself a little further and share.
At the moment, I'm hanging out in my room, in my apartment, on the third floor. I can hear my neighbors having a bonfire, wood popping, lots of beers cracking, dog baking, baby crying, beer pong. I can pick out the LOUD voice of this guy who I was hooking up with this past spring, we worked together and he lives in the neighborhood. I kind of really liked him, but he didn't seem so into it. (Probably b/c I came off like a crazy person being so drunk all the time. Imagine that? Duhh...)

And i feel like a Loser with a capital L.

I think that sobriety is so hard for me right now because I'm dependent on the booze to shelter me from these feelings. I feel overwhelmed, lonely, I'm sad, I'm angry, I'm hurting, and a lot of the time it just is so UNCOMFORTABLE that I can't simply bear to feel these things anymore.
In addition to all this shenanigans, I've struggled with an eating disorder for 10 years no. At this point in time it's nowhere near as severe as it has been previously, but I feel like I need to drink A LOT and a lot of the time, just because I need a break from those feelings. Like in "Drinking: A Love Story" whee the one woman describes drinking as pulling down the shade to darken a small room.

In my conscious intelligent mind I'm fully aware that this is all crap that I've made up, it's all a story that I've made true and that I tell myself.

Everything is on hold in my life, if not going backwards.

"I'll stop drinking when...when my drinking buddy moves away
when I beak up with my boyfriend
when I'm not broke anymore
when my job isn't so stressful...."
blah blah blah

I know that to make any progress, or just to maybe start liking myself a little bit, I have to give up this crutch. But it's so so hard.

So to answer your question Dee, this week for my recovery, I can- continue to read and post here, try a meeting again (there's one I went to last spring that didn't seem so bad) , be responsible and follow through with things that I promise to do- thinking of 2 personal obligations in particular, continue to work on dealing with my anxiety by taking basic care of myself- getting enough sleep, eating nutrient dense food, exercising...
And it does help to share here, just let it out, catharsis...So if you made it through this rant Thank you
Old 09-26-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Hey guys just wanted to say hi. Day 1 for me today. Just got back from a meeting. I was in the May class but blew it back in July at 65 days. Do you guys have room for me here?
Old 09-26-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheBigC View Post
Hey guys just wanted to say hi. Day 1 for me today. Just got back from a meeting. I was in the May class but blew it back in July at 65 days. Do you guys have room for me here?
Of course we do! Many of us have relapsed too--in my case many times. Welcome!

Thisibelieve--you are taking the first step by posting here. Tomorrow is a new day. Hope your desire to get well can outweigh the demon for long enough to make it through tomorrow. Hugs to you.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Thisibelieve - it does help to just get it all out sometimes.. Really sorry you are having a rough time.. Sounds like you have a plan trying out that meeting again!

Leek come bigC! Plenty of room here! This is a great group

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Old 09-26-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Im in...
Old 09-27-2014, 02:45 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I signed up to this site 10 years ago coping with my exes drinking. I am back this time for me. I am tired of:
Being tired
Waking up with horrible belly aches
Not remembering the details
The extra weight
The headaches
Generally feeling like crap

My problem... No bottom. Drinking hasn't taken any huge toll on my life in terms of consequence to others. I have never missed work, been mean or lost anything signifigant because of booze. It just makes me feel like crap and I have this routine of self medicating I need to step out of. I spent another restless night because of the sugar keeping me up, woke up finally at 5am with a headache, and I AM SICK OF THIS. so today is day 1. School is in session.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread jryan, magpie and BigC

I really don't think a bottom needs to be an event - it can be a simple decision...being tired of living that way, and wanting sincerely and desperately to change.

I think all of us can identify with that

D
Old 09-27-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Morning class!

Checking in on day 32. I wish I could post to each one of you, but my brain hasn't caught up with my body yet...

Had to catch myself yesterday...was totally unmotivated and exhausted. I'm getting a little frustrated with the one day at a time thing, but I just never know what each new day will bring right now. It's hard. For me, the emotional/mental part is the hardest thing to deal with. It was easy to stop once I decided it was time, but staying stopped is a whole other ballgame. I really hope it gets easier. Last year I made it 57 days. So I guess there is still hope.

After losing my job, I thought I was done. I just didn't care about anything anymore. I just wanted to go to sleep and not wake up. But I kept waking up... So I decided a change was in order, or I was never going to move forward. I have spent this last month finally taking care of myself. I have had to let go of some people in my life that I can't deal with anymore, which is really hard, but totally necessary at this point. I am too codependent and can't fix everyone else's problems...

My downfall is isolating. I can see that it is starting to get me down. I try to leave my house at least once a day now and go for a walk. Leaving my safe place is an issue.

So keep on fighting everyone. Congrats to each one of you, whether on day 1 or 1000, it is better than being stuck in the hell we were once in. It is not easy and you really have to work at it. I read the forums here all the time...it has helped me get to 32 days. One person's post can sure make a big difference.

Have a great weekend! You are an amazing group of people!
Old 09-27-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Good Morning all, just starting day 7 and I'm
gonna claim this day as positive, sober, and productive.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kirstensmith View Post
Tonight was stressful. I was out with family, and on the way home back to my house. I thought about stopping off and getting a bottle of wine. I mean I have haven't had any in 5 days now…what would be the harm. But I did not stop, pulled into my driveway and am going to bed early. I realize that family stress is a trigger for me, and I have to find other ways to relax and decompress from it other than wine.
Great decision KS.....that takes strength. So, you know what you really want out of this. You have to break the cycle. That's what we're all trying do to.

Look back on this to a give yourself a boost when you need it.!
Old 09-27-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AncientMariner View Post
Neverthought, seen as you were a stoner when you met your wife and she was surprised that you knew...the poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.....this is for you....

you might enjoy Bruce's little ramble

Iron Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Live after Death'85) 'good quality' - YouTube
Thanks man! That gave me the chills. Because.......that was the album that a friend turned me onto that ....... leading me to become a Maiden head.

The first thing I did was forward to the thunderous re-intro........when Bruce screams.....then down in falls come the rain...one of my favorite leads of any band ever.....I'm going to listen to the whole thing on Rhapsody now...

Being sober, that just tossed me back to 1985-86...

Thanks man.....that made my day!
Old 09-27-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Oh and Mariner, Day 10....ZERO desire...........I really liked your descriptive thoughts on your 5 second battle....heh

Just shows a lot can happen in that short time for us...